RV camping with 8

@Sjm9911 What was the walking time to the parking lot? Was it similar to walking to the bus stop, or a bit further?
What parking lot? When i drove? I was always close because we got up early. Always at the park 30 to 45 mins before they offically opened. By the time tou walk in and cue up 15 to 20 min wait. Took the kid to the bathroom and look at the stores or got a pin trade in during that time. Was atually good because the pins were fresh, not that i knew what was good or not. But by the reactions of the people behind us we got nice pins. The Walk was way shorter then walking to the bus stop , and then to the reguler bus. Or even parking the golf cart and going to the bus.

Yes, I meant to ask about the internal buses. How early do they usually start...and how reliable are they?
last trip the internal buses were one of 4 year old granddaughter's favorite rides. she cried because she couldn't take one for ride home. there are 3 routes and your loop will be near one. I would send the bus group about 10 minutes before cart group leaves. our loop was in about middle of campground so the buses would meet neat our stop. from what I have found there is usually 2 buses on each route. only down side is walking to stop and seeing bus you want pull out. usually about 15 minutes between buses going by. you will not gain anything getting on one going the wrong way as it be the same one you would get if you wait at stop.

They have parking lot shuttles that drop you off close to your car if you are parked far and want to ride it.
at MK you will still need to take either the ferry or monorail to get to the tram to your car except for the handicapped area which has no tram at least last time I was parked there

at MK you will still need to take either the ferry or monorail to get to the tram to your car except for the handicapped area which has no tram at least last time I was parked there

If there at the fort they will just take the ferry over to the MK park. No need to drive from the fort to MK. They do have the trams at the other parks if you drive in.

I would have replied the same as what @Sjm9911 said. No reason to drive to MK at all. And boat is very close to the entrance of MK. I was really referring to the parks you would drive to from the Fort, since this is the camping section.

I would have replied the same as what @Sjm9911 said. No reason to drive to MK at all. And boat is very close to the entrance of MK. I was really referring to the parks you would drive to from the Fort, since this is the camping section.
depending on loop they might have to take internal bus to get to ferry dock or walk 1/2 tom 3/4 of a mile even in some camping sections. no way to drive to ferry dock with a car

They have parking lot shuttles that drop you off close to your car if you are parked far and want to ride it.

I did know this, I think that is why I thought the lots were so far from the park gates, and messing with a shuttle sounds like a bus would be more simple. But if it is a 5minute walk, I think sometimes taking your car would be easy enough- at least to rope drop.

Like @Betty Rohrer mentioned, my 2 year old loved the buses so much (we homeschool so honestly, my older kids did too). It is part of the Magic for us.

we have always enjoyed the buses, i was in (sales) construction for my career, driving most the day from customer to customer, 1200 miles to FW, vacation = no driving for 2 weeks.. we don't mind the 15-20 minute wait for a bus. plus i might have mentioned this before, WDW has some pretty darn good margaritas!!

Whatever you decide, get your kids lights for their bikes regardless. Biking around FW is so much fun. If it's going to be a late night, just stay close you guys on cart and them on bikes. Or take the buses, not bad at all or your car. You'll have fun and figure it out won't be bad there are a lot of options.

Oh, if taking the public disney transportation, and you have smaller kidos , ask the drivers or operaters for a transportation card. They , if they have them , will give you a cool card with the transportation facts of whatever your on. So , one for the bus, one for the ferry, etc. Makes a good free keepsake.

Oh, if taking the public disney transportation, and you have smaller kidos , ask the drivers or operaters for a transportation card. They , if they have them , will give you a cool card with the transportation facts of whatever your on. So , one for the bus, one for the ferry, etc. Makes a good free keepsake.

I had a "its my birthday" mickey ear hat on and a bus driver gave me this:
20190401_145059.jpg

20190401_145104.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter