• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

??'s on camping

tiggereyore

The laughter of a child is the light of a house
We will be arriving at FW on 10/2. We have never been. Is there anything really special to see or do on the break days for a 2 and 4 yr old? Is there a chance that with the request of side by side sites happening, along with loop request? the cr's at the reservations say that you can't call the resorts directly, can you?? Any info on camping there would be helpful, I'm a planner and my husband flys by the seat of his pants. Also the prices of groceries inside are they really high or just moderate.

Hi tiggereyore,

FW has many things you can do on your
days off. The petting zoo, beach (for playing
in the sand as there is no swimming),
swimming pool are a good place to go
during the day. They also have nightly
movies (on an outside screen) campfire.
I am sure there is more to do but I can't
think of it right now.

You can request the side by side campsites
but they do not guarantee it which is the same
as with loop request. I am sure they will do all
they can to accommadate you. A week or so before
your trip you can contact FW directly at
407-824-2900 and confirm your request with
them directly. That is about all you can do
until you get there.

Grocery prices in FW is pretty high. I would
definately do your major shopping before you
get there.

Have a great time.

Tiggereeyore,

I can answer one of your questions. There is plenty to do on break days with your 2 young ones. The best day we spent at WDW was the day we took a break from the parks and went to Fort Wilderness (we were staying at the All Stars). My kids were 4-yrs and 22-months. We took the ferry over, visited the petting zoo, did pony rides, the horse barn, the playground, the sandy beach area, and the 4-yr old even went out on the Water Mice with my DH. It was a blast and SO much calmer and more relaxing than a day in the theme parks.

I've decided when we go back that we will build in MORE break days!!

I assume you have two families camping together. Call the CRO and have them connect your reservation numbers in their computer. That way if one ressie comes up they will see there is another one. We do this every time we go to FW and have had as many as 6 sites together.

A lost boy, peg2001,grumpy92, we 4 mickey

Thank you very much for all your help. Peg2001 I have a few questions that you might help with since they boys (Levi and Eric) are about the same age as your children. Were there any rides that you wish you had avoided? Did you do the mid day break or go till later in the afternoon then leave the parks. Did you rent strollers or bring your own? what did you find out after that you wished you'd done.
Thank you for all your help
tiggereeyore

104 days left arrival on 10/2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter