????s re: changing flight depart. time

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
We have our flights all paid for. Good times, or so we thought. Very close friends have a son getting married the eve of our return day. Right now, we'll miss it. So, we want to change to an earlier flight. We have Delta Express non-refun. tickets. Any insights on how difficult this will be? I know it will cost us. Right now the flights are the same price. Arrrgghhh. Planning too far in advance is not always a good idea!!!!

If I am correctly interpreting the information on Delta's web site, you will have to pay a $50 fee per ticket to change a Delta Express flight to an earlier Delta Express flight. That assumes that there is no difference in the fares. Here's the link:

http://www.delta.com/travel/reservations/changes/index.jsp

The best thing to do, though, is call and see what they say. Maybe you will get lucky!

goofy4tink,

How long before your trip? If your flight times change because of an airline change, there may be hope. But that assumes you have time to "wait & see".

I also needed an earlier flight for our booked/ticketed flight to MCO, but it was because the airline changed our original flight time to an hour later. Rather than continue to panick and try to figure out how to get to DTD in time for our show, I picked up the phone and called USAir. I asked if I could be switched to an earlier flight since they had been the ones to change my flight times. "Not a problem", and our flight was switched without a fee.

I'd call the airline. The WORST thing they can tell you is it will cost you $$. But the best thing is it will work out for free!

Good luck!!

Yippee!!! Good luck has come my way. The wedding is an hours drive away. DH says..."I am not getting up at 5:30, to catch a 9:00 flight, get home around 3ish and turn around and drive an hour, only to fall asleep by 9. And then have to drive back again. We're not changing our flight." My hero.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter