Sacrebleu! A Castle to Chateau training journal (updated 09/25)

Oh man I'm SO sorry!!! I don't have any good advice- just loads of sympathy!! You have a good attitude of doing the things you can control though!

Thanks lovely... :guilty:
That's what I'm going for... I'm just hoping I can walk a lot better by Friday!

Oh no!! I've never torn a muscle, only strains. I do think it requires complete rest until it can heal. I'm so sorry!

I never have before this one either. When I tore it three weeks ago that was the first time! The frustrating part is that I did rest it and it felt fine but obviously it wasn't... I guess maybe I should go to a physio for the all clear next time before running... Boo :worried:

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to read this. :(

Rest rest rest - take care of yourself. Being injured sucks and it is so tough mentally and emotionally. Be kind to yourself. :hug:

I'm so sorry :( I hope you are able to get some good rest in this week. Enjoy your time at DL-Paris and don't over do it! I am sure disney magic will make it feel a little better :o

Just finished reading your journal. I really am enjoying following along. I hope you are doing ok. I have never done a RunDisney race but am doing my first half in Vegas in November and hope to eventually do one (or more) at Disney especially for the cool bling!! Also love reading about your life in London, though I feel for you being so close to all the terrible things that have happened lately. But I agree, Disney is such a fantastic bubble and escape from reality that really helps us through things. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

im-baaaaack-miss-jay.gif

Did you miss me???!

I'm SO HAPPY to finally be back to my journal! It's been about a month since my last update, I took pretty much 3 weeks completely off to heel and I'm feeling a LOT better. I've got physio on Friday when I'm back in Dublin (OMG can not wait to get home!) so I'm taking it relatively easy until I know for sure how my hamstring is holding up.

Something *clicked* with me last week and I started on Monday with a really positive outlook. I decided to start tracking my food and downloaded myfitnesspal and set up a profile. I'm sure I've had it before but I've never actually USED it and I'm finding it so good so far! I've been eating so much better and FEELING so much healthier.

As for running I decided to slowly ease myself back in.
10th - 16th July
Monday: Tag Rugby (not playing flat out - no sprinting) (15,168)
Tuesday: Walk/Run 2.7miles to work (13,358)
Wednesday: Walk to work & walk/run for 20mins on threadmil (14,189)
Thursday: REST (11,731)
Friday: Walk/Run to work (14,149)
Saturday: REST (1,739)
Sunday: REST (2,525)

Total Steps: 72,859

For my walk/run to work I took it fairly easy, I purposely didn't time my Tuesday run but on Wednesday I spend ages sorting my Nike running app out on my phone (for some reason it needed to be re-installed) and only realised when I was almost done that I hadn't hit START! DOH! I was more annoyed because I actually think it went quite well and I ran more than on Tuesday.

I'm really happy with my week and to top it off I lost 5lbs! Yah!

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to read this. :(

Rest rest rest - take care of yourself. Being injured sucks and it is so tough mentally and emotionally. Be kind to yourself. :hug:

It's super hard mentally! Really struggled to stay positive and not stress out DLP/WDW race weekends. LUCKILY I have a decent 10k time that is within the date range for proof of time so I don't need to stress about that.

Thank you for hugs! How are you doing lately??

I'm so sorry :( I hope you are able to get some good rest in this week. Enjoy your time at DL-Paris and don't over do it! I am sure disney magic will make it feel a little better :o

I had a lovely time in Paris, we got fantastic weather and made the most of it! It certainly did cheer me up! Feeling so much better now that I can start easing myself back into the swing of it all!

Just finished reading your journal. I really am enjoying following along. I hope you are doing ok. I have never done a RunDisney race but am doing my first half in Vegas in November and hope to eventually do one (or more) at Disney especially for the cool bling!! Also love reading about your life in London, though I feel for you being so close to all the terrible things that have happened lately. But I agree, Disney is such a fantastic bubble and escape from reality that really helps us through things. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

Aw thank you so much for reading along! I'm glad you are enjoying it despite all the troubles I've been having! Oh a half in Vegas sounds really cool! You should definitely considering a RunDisney race, they are so much fun! Disney is the perfect escape when the world is looking a bit grim! :)

It's super hard mentally! Really struggled to stay positive and not stress out DLP/WDW race weekends. LUCKILY I have a decent 10k time that is within the date range for proof of time so I don't need to stress about that.

Thank you for hugs! How are you doing lately??
So glad to see this update from you! :hug: Glad things are going so much better.

KUDOS on using MyFitnessPal - I know that app has worked so well for so many. I have downloaded it and tried to use it and have given up many times, I just find it sort of overwhelming I guess? Probably because it's a hard dose of reality that I really need...:scratchin ;) So glad it's working for you, you've inspired me to give it another shot!

Not a lot going on with me lately! Still running, just not as much as I used to. :confused3

Have fun on your trip home!!

giphy.gif

So glad to hear you are feeling better and getting back to it!! Congrats on the weight loss. I've used MyFitnessPal a lot and it really helps me.

yay!! Happy you're back and feeling better!! I sure hope your hamstring continues to do well! And congrats on sticking with my fitness pal. I have a really hard time when it tells me I've reached my calorie limit and I am feeling VERY HUNGRY!! :rotfl2: If you figure out a trick to combating that problem, let me know! ::yes::

Oh no way!! I didn't even realise that was your question!! I miss-read your username the first time I saw it and never made the connection!

Hope you enjoyed your few mins of fame haha
zL6WGWS.gif

Haha, yeah I don't go by roxymama on IG. And the beginning of my last night sounds like "awesome"
It's french...I married into a "fancy" last name...that no one can pronounce. :)

And Everest was an awesome answer btw!

Such a cheerful update! Yay! So glad things are looking up for you! :)

Thanks lovely! I was put back on rest by my physio but I'm just about done with that and hopefully I'll back running again this week!

So glad to see this update from you! :hug: Glad things are going so much better.

KUDOS on using MyFitnessPal - I know that app has worked so well for so many. I have downloaded it and tried to use it and have given up many times, I just find it sort of overwhelming I guess? Probably because it's a hard dose of reality that I really need...:scratchin ;) So glad it's working for you, you've inspired me to give it another shot!

Not a lot going on with me lately! Still running, just not as much as I used to. :confused3

Have fun on your trip home!!

They are definitely much better lately, even with the an additional *REST* order from the physio.

It is a bit overwhelming and I did totally ignore it while I was back in Dublin and eating my favourite Chinese takeaway haha
I think it's the kind of app that could lead being overly obsessive about food so I track most days but I don't stress when I can't.

Glad to hear you're still running, it's maybe not a bad thing that it's a bit less?! Have you any Disney related trips booked/planned at the moment?

giphy.gif

So glad to hear you are feeling better and getting back to it!! Congrats on the weight loss. I've used MyFitnessPal a lot and it really helps me.

Thank you! I just need to keep it up now, I managed to stay the same after a trip home which I was super happy with!

yay!! Happy you're back and feeling better!! I sure hope your hamstring continues to do well! And congrats on sticking with my fitness pal. I have a really hard time when it tells me I've reached my calorie limit and I am feeling VERY HUNGRY!! :rotfl2: If you figure out a trick to combating that problem, let me know! ::yes::

It's getting there! I can't believe how easy it is to max out my calories by lunch time haha I've really had to make some changes to my breakfast and lunch choices!

My trick is to exercise lol So if I decide to share a bottle of wine with my partner in the evening I'll get my butt to the gym at lunch to give me the extra calories I need!

Haha, yeah I don't go by roxymama on IG. And the beginning of my last night sounds like "awesome"
It's french...I married into a "fancy" last name...that no one can pronounce. :)

And Everest was an awesome answer btw!

Oh very fancy!!

YES! Everest is awesome! Do you think you would ever take a trip to Paris?

17th - 23rd July
Monday: 3k Run & Tag Rugby (not playing flat out - no sprinting) (16,760)
Tuesday: REST (9,177)
Wednesday: Walk to work & 3k Run (15,119)
Thursday: REST (12,749)
Friday: Physio (3,732)
Saturday: REST (5,918)
Sunday: REST (4,830)
Total Steps: 68,285

Following on from my previous post this week I traveled home to Ireland! YAH! I was so excited all week to head home!

I had a pretty active start to my week, I ran in the gym Monday and played tag and walked to work Wednesday and ran in the gym again. I completed 3k both times which is the longest distance I've run on the threadmil in a while. I felt OK with it, not great, not very loose but not sore like before. I came home feeling hopeful about my physio appointment.

Physio: As soon as she pushed deep into my hamstring muscle I knew it wasn't great news. My hamstring was super tight and at a really high risk of tearing again. I was put on 2 weeks rest and told to get some massages back in London on the area. She needled the muscle again and I hobbled out the door and onto the dentist to get a filing... really wasn't a fun day!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

This time round I think I've stayed more positive and focused on the fact that I didn't tear the muscle and that I should be running again in two weeks!

So from 24th July - 6th August was complete rest again. I'm trying to ignore the fact that I have a three race weekend coming up in a month and a half and just focus on easing myself back into running. It's now FINALLY time to get back into training so I've set myself a very manageable plan for the week and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in.

giphy.gif

WISH ME LUCK!

tenor.gif

You can do this for sure. Just keep being smart and don't push yourself to the point of injury!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!