Sad Monday

kimis

DIS Veteran
I want to say I really appreciate everyone on this site. :flower3: You all have been an encouragement a lot in the past two years since my mom passed away!:hug: This Monday is the two year anniversary of her death and I still can't go a day without her on my mind. I miss her more than anyone can imagine. She was truelly my best friend. We talked on the phone several times a day. She actually lived her last 6 weeks in my home and I will always be so grateful for that.

SInce she passed I became responsible for my dad. He went from living on his own to assisted living and than to a nursing home because he couldn't/wouldn't do anything for himself. He has parkinsons and mild dementia. Dad was never a nice man and not close to anyone. It breaks my heart that he is in the home but I keep reminding myself he did nothing to better his quality of life.

I don't mean to be critical of God's plan or timing because I know He is in control and everything happens for a reason but I look at dad and miss mom and wonder "What is God trying to teach me?"

Anyway enough of my ramblings. I guess I am asking for some extra prayers for the next couple of days.

Thank you all for your kindness and support!:flower3:

I'm sorry for your loss and glad that you had such a good relationship with your mom. :hug: My mom and I weren't that close but I miss her still. and she died in 1990.

Just keep remembering the good times, how much she loved you, and all the happiness you generated for one another. Hopefully, she's watching over you and still knows how much you love her!

I am afraid my situation isn't to similiar, but I would like to say that I am saying a prayer for you. You must be so strong to care for ailing parents like that. I do not know if I could do it.

I know we all question why something happens. I know I have done my fair share. Knowing why would have helped but I found that time helped me heal and not question why.

It does get easier. Hugs for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter