Sailing concierge!! MAGIC in the new year!

pascalspal

Registered
After waiting for what seems like forever, we are booked on our next cruise! Our last sailing was March 2017 on the Magic. We made a ton of friends with crew members and are looking forward to seeing them again!!

We are sailing on January 16th, 2019 for a 4 night cruise out of Miami. Our itenerary takes us to Key West and Castaway Cay with one sea day. upload_2018-9-26_7-20-51.png
This is a great change for us! We’ve done many sailings that go to Nassau, and both the eastern and western Caribbean routes, so we are looking forward to a change of scenery!

On this sailing, it will just be me and my parents. I recently graduated college and began a new job as a civil engineer. So this short sailing is a bit of a celebration for that and also a nice break from the 16 hour days that I work:scared:. I am looking forward to sharing this trip with you all! Let me know if you have any suggestions or favorite parts of cruising so I can be sure to add them into our trip!

Travel

We’ve chosen to fly down the morning of embarkation on only one of our past cruises, and it ended with my dad not making our initial flight. He had to charter a private plane and made it to the ship with about a half hour to spare. Needless to say that was not the best experience, so we’ve never done that again.... until now. Because of my work schedule we are unable to fly down the night before, so we have opted for the earliest flight out of Nashville to Ft. Lauderdale. Fingers crossed that we don’t have a repeat of the previous madness.

After landing in Ft. Lauderdale we will catch an Uber to the port of Miami to get checked in for embarkation. We are cruising concierge which puts us in boarding group 1, so we like to get to the port early to relax before the crowd hits.

Because we are flying, I most likely won’t be bringing you allotted two bottles of wine with me. I was thinking about planning a stop between the airport and the cruise terminal to pick some up, but I’m also contemplating just pre-purchasing a bottle of champagne for sail away and having it delivered to the room.

Only 110 days left!!

Excursions

We are being a bit boring on this trip as we don’t have any excursions planned. We were wary to book anything on CC because of the potential weather. We are afraid that it might be a bit too chilly to get in the water on CC, so we didn’t book any water related activities. We thought about a serenity bay cabana, but opted against it. Looks like our plans for the island will be serenity bay for hammocks, reading and lunch, followed by an afternoon on the ship before sailing away.

Does anyone have any experience on CC in January? We went in DEcember a few years back, but I can’t remember what the weather was like.

Our other stop in Key West didn’t seem to have many options that we were intrigued by. Our current plan is to find a good place to eat and hop off the ship for lunch. Outside of that we don’t have many tings planned for Key West.

It seems like we will be enjoying a lot of time on the ship this go around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter