Sale on Things for the Trip!

cindala

<font color=blue>Must solemnly vow NEVER to toggle
Just picked up a few things for our trip (still 4 months away!) that were on sale at Kmart this week. Thought I'd share:

Kodak 4 pack(96 pic total) of 200 speed film: $6.49 400 speed is $8.49
Sprint prepaid phone cards: 60 minutes; $5, 150 minutes; $13, and 240 minutes; $19
Totes, beach bags, etc. 25% off (some on sale for as little as $3.75!)

Hey, if I want to stay at the YC, I have to cut corners somewhere else! Hope someone can use the info!:D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

To make sure that the colour on your film will still be good for your trip, store it in the fridge inside the black plastic canisters they come in.

The constant temp. of the fridge prolongs the life of the film before it is used.
Do this even if the exp. date good. It really does help....:)

We go in 38 days and I'm getting things ready too!

Bought several cans of individual pastas and beans for ds (2) for .20 each at the warehouse.

Bought Glad Wrap and 3 sized baggies.

Bought everyone new clothes.

Still need to get film.

SandraC,
It sounds like we'll be down at the same time in April. The clothes have been purchased. I still need to get suntan lotion. We'll be making a grocery stop for breakfast items and snack foods. I know I will be forgetting something!:rolleyes:

Kelly

Hey, Photo...

I never heard of that fridge trick before.. and i come from a line of photographers.. (although I went motion not still.. lol...) That's soo cool.. i'll remember to do that. :)

What about after the images have been captured? Does the fridge thing still apply, or would that hurt your film?

I've been busy stocking up for our early June trip to DL.

Found on clearance for $5.00 at Target - 10 packages of those little boxes of animal crackers (the ones with the little handle on them).

Toothpaste on sale for $1.69 minus $1.00 coupon (includes one free toothbrush) at Cub.

Shirts at Big LOts with WDW tags on them for $4 each.

Clearance at Disney Store (mall of America) for $5 each sweatshirts with Mickey and Tigger on them . And recieved a bounce back coupon to return the following week for $5 off $35 purchase where I bought some pins ($4 each) as well as Mary Poppins DVD at $14.99.

Other clothing for trip at Walmart and Big Lots - shirts and shorts for under $5 each.

Shopped at Sam's Club and picked up mini boxes of cereal to have for breakfast on trip as well as crackers for snacks for school and setting aside a couple for the trip.

Got a discount off DC card and then saved a little bit off my reservation (as well as free passes for the kids) and special web air fare for $161 each (now all tickets are over $270):D

No sorry the fridge trick is only for before it has been used.

You should get your films developed ASAP after taking them for best results....:)

Thanks!! FYI... If you are a member of Costco, or know someone who is, you can do much better on the phone card. 575 minutes for $19.99 (MCI card, no hidden fees)

Thanks for the info, Photobear... i'll be sure to use it!!! :) *runs out to go Pre-Disney Shopping* Must.. Find... Sales...

TTFN!

Target has cases of Poland Spring water (20 oz) for $5.99 since we are driving these will be great, also just picked up DD a Princess nightgown @ Sears, 19.99 marked down to 9.99 on 1/2 price rack for 4.50 with coupon (50% off clearance) $2.50!

Snowboarder,
My friend just told me I could do better on the phone cards too at BJ's Wholesale. She said they have a $10 card for almost 4 hours. Costco sounds good, but I can't have all the minutes on one card, as I have 2 teen DD's who call their friends back home, and one will be sure to use more minutes than the other!!!!:rolleyes:

I think I'm going to check that out.

PhotobearSam,
Thanks for the info on the film. Right now it's in my bedroom, which we keep cool, but I'll try to fit it in the fridge!:eek:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter