Salute to Armed Forces

lap1031

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone! This is my first post, but I've been snooping around for awhile getting some great tips for our 1st trip to WDW!! I was wondering though if anyone has gone for the Salute to Armed Forces deal. We did get the $49 rate for ASSports, but I'm hoping that getting the tickets we want will be that easy. I was told that we have to purchase the tix at one of the parks when we get there, but how early before they open can we do that? If anyone has gone for the Armed Forces Salute and could let me know how it went, I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!

Hi ,

We did the armed forces salute over presidents weekend. We bought our tickets from the window at MGM which had no line at all. It was very easy, no hassel at all, the girl at the ticket counter was very helpful in trying to get us the best bargain for the 50% tickets. I imagine the counters at the Magic Kingdom might be a little more crowded. We bought our tickets about a half-hour before the park opened.

Cassie714, do you know if all of the tickets have to be bought at one time? DH, myself, kids and a friend will be there for the full 7 days, but we have other friends coming in later in the week for only 2 days. Do we need to buy all of the tickets on the first day, or can we buy the second group later on in the week?

Thanks!

I'm not Cassie, but I can tell you that you don't have to buy all of the tickets at once. The only stipulation is that you have to use all of the tickets during the 7 days that the sponsors ticket is valid, and that there is a limit of 5 tickets per servicemember.

Example: Servicemember picks up his/her 7 day ticket, and 3 5 Day Park Hoppers on Sunday. On Wednesday, the Servicemember can pick up 2 Four Day Park Hoppers. All unused days will expire on Saturday. HTH.

Sorry, but here is another question. Five of our friends are coming to WDW on Saturday afternoon, staying for two nights at CSR. They would like to do the parks on Sunday and Monday. Since they will be staying on-site, can we get them a two day UPH at half price? They don't really care about the first day (Saturday), since the day will be half over before they even arrive. But they would prefer to be able to park hop, if possible, rather than have two single day tickets.

Thanks again for all of the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter