Samira & James Wishes Wedding PJ - April 2016 - Updated Save The Date

TigerandBear

Samira & Wayne
I have been really excited to start a PJ so here goes....

Who the hell are we?!

RjTeqI7l.jpg

DF is James (28). He is from Lancaster in the North of England, UK. He is a clerical worker for a hospital and has a degree in Journalism. His love for music and computer games comes close to his love for me! In his spare time he plays the bass in a band called 'Fighting' and eviews computer games for a site called 'Frugal Gaming'. Hes been to WDW 4 times, EuroDisney x1 and HongKong Disney x1.

Im Samira (25), Im from the Capital City of Wales, Cardiff, UK. I work as Marketing Executive for an IT company and I have a degree in Computer Games Design. Apart from my LOVE for all things Disney, I am a keen musician, with grade 8 in classical Piano and grade 7 in saxophone. I also LOVE computer games, always have, always will. On the side I design logos and other bits and bobs.

About Us

7QyEjWXl.jpg

In 2008 I decided to leave my family home in Cardiff and start University in the North of England in a place called Preston. 3 years later, just before I was due to graduate and leave to go back home. I met James...

October 2011, James and I first met through, of all things, Twitter. I started following James, and soon enough James asked me out for a drink. We've been inseparable ever since, sharing our love of travel, technology and having fun.

January 2012, James asks me to be his girlfriend! 1st January...12am. To this day I insist this was only so he didnt forget our anniversary date! :) It was quite cute and romantic really....We were on a night out for NYEs in town with our friends, when he insisted we went outside for 12am! (Me being me, wanted to carry on dancing) but i went along with it. When we got outside he asked me to be his girlfriend with the backdrop of fireworks from the surrounding houses. (We were pretty drunk at this stage, but it was still really special to me) This is us on our first date...

ow9ko5Fl.jpg

March 2013, We went on our first holiday together! We travelled to Krakow, Poland. To this day, it was one of the best holidays I have ever been on. It was -15degrees on most days and snow covered the beautiful city. (if any of you get a chance to go, DO IT) This is where he asked me to move in with him.

5aJ0lDkl.jpg

June 2013, James has a mortgage and his own house. And this is when i moved in with him! Adding female touches around the place!

September 2013, We went on my first ever trip to DLP! My Bday is in September so this was so exciting for me. We went up the Eiffel Tower and visited the Louvre. Unfortunately soon after this trip I fell really ill and couldnt walk without fainting, I got diagnoses with Graves Disease (Auto-immune disease where my immune system attacks my thyroid- which makes it overactive)

Yt6sGrol.jpg

July 2014, I surprised James with a trip to Amsterdam for his birthday! Had such a good trip - this is where james started dropping hints about his upcoming proposal (i didnt catch on!)

hvh9jhNl.jpg

September of 2014 after almost 3 years of being together, James proposed to me whilst on holiday in our dream destination of Florida, USA. By the Rose Garden at Disney's Magic Kingdom, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes, which is why you're reading this PJ!

iSd1fnvl.jpg

I started researching the Save the Dates pretty much as soon as we got back from holidays as I wanted to get them out at Christmas, to give time for people to think and to budget for such an expensive holiday. I knew how I wanted to design the Save The Dates from the start. Passport Style. Complete with Boarding Pass RSVPs. I’m lucky to be quite nifty with Photoshop so I am will be making all our wedding stationary. (I actually will be making my DFs Sister’s wedding stationary as well..). Here are our Save The Dates:

W1OkAVHl.jpg

sS9HsEal.jpg

ogQ9J2Ml.jpg

q4nHMSwl.jpg

XO43LRdl.jpg

lAYwYthl.jpg

They ended up finished way ahead of schedule so we have decided to start giving them out. The first lot went out to DFs Family on Sunday 2nd Nov.
Ive been having quite a stressful time thinking about who’s going to be part of our big day in Florida. Part of the reason why we are having a wedding in Florida is so we can automatically not include people, who we would feel like if we had the wedding at home, would have to be invited. On Saturday 1st November, we threw an Engagement party for friends. At this point no one knows where we are planning on getting married. It ended up being really stressful and out of the 60+ people we invited we had roughly 20 people filter in and out through the night. A few things happened through the night that really really upset me.

1. A Group of 5 friends who I see often turned up (great!) after about an hour they all left. Whilst leaving they said “Oh, text us where you end up after the party and we can meet up” What?! Sorry, you basically have just told me you’re leaving MY party (to go to another bar) and you want to meet up later? So you’ve just basically said that my parties boring and to let them know what im doing after. Brilliant.

2. One of my best friends who has 2 children came with her Fiancé which was lovely to see them. But came with messages from 2 other friends who were supposed to be coming. This is what she said “Oh by the way, Friend 1, cant make it anymore as her Fiancé is not well. Friend 2, is running late and is going to another party after yours so shes not going to come” Urm?!?!?! Why did these people not text me? How long does it take for someone to text “oh im really sorry, but I cant make tonight. Hope you have a lovely evening” Seriously?! This really annoyed me.

3. Friend from the second annoyance said to me “I cant wait for your wedding, as long it isn’t in Disneyland…HAR HAR.” This is what I felt like replying: FIRSTLY. It is in DisneyWORLD. Secondly. Seriously, you do not have to attend. IF I decide to invite you.

After this I was feeling really down about things and just felt like no one would want to make the effort to come. So when the DF and I went to start delivering the Save the dates to people, I wasn’t very hopeful and feeling a bit crappy. I don’t have much confidence in myself and I guess my main worry was that people wouldn’t want to make the trip for just ‘our wedding’. I understand that it is the most important days in our lives but not necessarily others.

Our first stop was the DF Grandparents. Both are in the 83 range. We didn’t expect them to be up for going. They last went to Disney about 20 years ago. Granddad Derek opened the invite and started reading it out loud. ‘Walt Disney World, Florida!’ he exclaimed. ‘We will definitely be there!’ I felt myself welling up. ‘I AM SO EXCITED!’ he said with the widest grin on his face. People do care! People do want to make the effort to travel across the world for us. After this I felt so much better.

I've loved reading it so far! Your Save the Dates are pretty fantastic. I may just be partial to the 'Howdy' title on your first page, but they really are super cute. You did a fantastic job on them!

I would be pretty annoyed with all those party poopers, too! Your DF's granddad getting that excited about your wedding was so sweet. At least you know you'll have them there to support you on your day!

Congratulations on your upcoming Disney Wedding! I just love your save the dates, your passports came out so amazing! and your logo is very impressive I can't believe you did it on your own! I have no computer design skills at all :goodvibes I will be following along!

Happy Planning
Melissa popcorn::

I've loved reading it so far! Your Save the Dates are pretty fantastic. I may just be partial to the 'Howdy' title on your first page, but they really are super cute. You did a fantastic job on them!

I would be pretty annoyed with all those party poopers, too! Your DF's granddad getting that excited about your wedding was so sweet. At least you know you'll have them there to support you on your day!

Thank you so much! I am pretty pleased with how they turned out. A few times i thought they were going to look bad and all the pages wouldnt fit!

Yes definitely, I think its all just made me realise who my true friends are and family will always be there for us!

Congratulations on your upcoming Disney Wedding! I just love your save the dates, your passports came out so amazing! and your logo is very impressive I can't believe you did it on your own! I have no computer design skills at all :goodvibes I will be following along!

Happy Planning
Melissa popcorn::

Thanks! Congratulations to you as well! I see that you will also be a disbride! :D Eeeeee! So glad you can join us in our journey!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter