San Angel Inn v. La Hacienda De San Angel

Patrick Holt

Earning My Ears
Thoughts on these? I have eaten at the San Angel Inn before, but I honestly had no idea there was another table service restaurant in Mexico. How does the food and ambiance compare to San Angel Inn? The menus look comparable with La Hacienda being more expensive.

La Hacienda de San Angel has a better menu and better food, IMO. I personally felt like the food, service, and ambiance was miles better at La Hacienda.

I like the food at La Hacienda better, but the ambiance at San Angel Inn is great. We eat at both. The last several times we just have grabbed drinks and queso and guacamole at La Cava!

My daughters stepfather is Mexican/American and he does not give high marks to either but he as said that of the 2 he prefers San Angel. He has complimented the tortilla soup as least.

I am also having a tough time deciding between these two for our next trip. I’ve eaten at both- I like the ambience better at San angel inn. Other than the tortilla soup, I enjoyed the food more at la hacienda.

Those who have the TIW card may want to take that into consideration as La Hacienda does not accept it but SA does. We have eaten at both and think they are very good. When La Hacienda first opened, it was much superior to SA but SA seems to have stepped up their game lately and the last time we were there, it was outstanding.

San Angel Inn is very cool and unique, but also very dark. La Hacienda is bright and airy with beautiful views of the lagoon. So I'd say they rival each other in terms of ambiance.

The Tim Tracker has a good YouTube video review of La Hacienda if you're interested. He might have one of San Angel Inn too, not sure. I just wanted the La Hacienda one recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!