San Clemente Surfing

nono

DIS Veteran
Hi -- we are heading to San Clemente for the weekend of our Disney trip and hoping to hook up with a surf shop for a lesson (we're beginner/intermediate surfers). Does anyone have any recommendations?

THANKS!

Well if you are going to be staying in San Clemente, San Clemente Surf School has a good reputation. A lot of good places to eat in San Clemente too. Have fun!

Well if you are going to be staying in San Clemente, San Clemente Surf School has a good reputation. A lot of good places to eat in San Clemente too. Have fun!
Thanks SteveMP -- always better to have a recommendation.

Soooo, any restaurants you like in particular? :chat: We're from Coastal NJ and would love your take on the local places.

Thanks SteveMP -- always better to have a recommendation.

Soooo, any restaurants you like in particular? :chat: We're from Coastal NJ and would love your take on the local places.

Well i have some go to stops. Depends on for what meal, etc but I usually just head to El Camino ReaL and see what calls to me. For example if you want Diner food, Tommys Diner is a nice diner food/vibe. If you just want to grab bagels/quick bite in the morning then Bagel Shack has a nic beachy freel, or Surfin Donuts, which also has breakfast. For Dinner I either grab mexican food from the taco shop by Subway, or a burger from Mr Petes(kind of like a home made fast food place i like the burgers there). If you want nicer food for dinner then there is Nicks, or Vine. If you want pizza and excellent craft beer, you cannot go wrong with Pizza Port. Enjoy!

Pizza Port is one of the world's beer meccas, so I'd second that. We also like South of Nick's for upscale Mexican. For down-to-earth Mexican food, hit up El Campeon or El Molino in nearby San Juan Capistrano.

I highly recommend South of Nick's as well. If you need boogieboards, I recommend ebodyboarding.com at 1303 Calle Avanzado, San Clemente. The salespeople are really nice and very helpful in picking out gear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter