It you had to choose one...

• Sanaa Lunch

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Boma Dinner

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

JessiLynn015

DIS Veteran
We are staying CL at AKL next week and I've been debating on which ADRs to book (last minute trip). We will only be there for 3 nights and since we will have the lounge, I'm really trying to narrow down dining options.

Sanaa lunch appeals to me because I've always wanted to try the bread service, but my husband is really leaning toward Boma dinner. Could I get your opinion, please? :flower3:

We are doing the same thing this summer. We are staying at the AK CL this summer and could not decide which one to eat at so we are doing both. They are 2 of our top restaurants. It is hard to say. We LOVE the bread service at Sanaa - but really love Boma. We love Boma breakfast the best but all the meals are so good. You can get the bread service at the Sanaa Lounge.
If I really had to pick one I would probably say Boma. They have such a variety of food and it is all so good. I hope that helps.

I have not eaten at Sanaa yet (we have it booked for Nov 2018,) but Boma is so good. There is so much variety on the buffet for both the adventurous and not so much. All kinds of salads, soups, meats, sides, and desserts. For the variety alone, I would choose Boma if I only had one choice. As pp stated, you can head to the lounge to try to bread service if that's the main reason you are wanting Sanaa. I think Boma is the best buffet on property for both breakfast and lunch. I don't think you'll go wrong if you do choose it.

I did both on my last trip, and am choosing Sanaa for the next. Boma is good, but I felt like after eating there once it loses its “special” and just becomes a buffet. Fighting lines of people to get to the food makes the experience a lot less special than the relaxed Sanaa experience.

I love Boma breakfast but hated Boma dinner it was overcrowded, noisy and the food was constantly almost finished and not being replenished quickly enough.

We did both Sanaa lunch and Boma dinner recently during our last visit because we were staying at AKL/Kidani Village. Both were great but if we had to pick just one to return to, I’d pick Sanaa lunch for our family. Though Boma had a lot of unique variety and I liked branching out and trying something different than the usual buffet, my kids didn’t really eat anything except macaroni and cheese (there wasn’t even chicken tenders) and rolls. I used kids’ TS credits from the DxDP for our Boma dinner, but I cannot imagine returning to spending $ OOP for a whole lot of starch. Sanaa lunch was more enjoyable for us- the viewing of the animals when dining was definitely a perk. I also liked that Sanaa was not crowded/busy/loud like Boma, and it was perfect for us being able to order from the menu. The bread service was fantastic. My kids loved their Sanaa kids’ meals which included a unique dessert (paint your shield white chocolate dipped brownie which included a paintbrush and colored icing to “paint” the brownie, in addition to a scoop of ice cream to go with on a palette-shaped plate)

Try to do both if you can. They are both awesome and different. If you had to pick one thought I'd do Boma as there is more variety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter