Sanaa without reservations?

jsteener

Earning My Ears
We are arriving at AKL on March 4 eve. Just wondering if there's any chance of a walk in reservation for family of 5? We arrive at MCO at 5pm and will take Magical Express, so assuming we will be at resort around 6:30/7(would that be an accurate time frame?)

I would keep trying for a late ADR.
When we have bewen to Sanaa later, its still busy.
And a table for 5 can be much more difficult than for 2.

I second the idea of checking for an ADR when you're on the bus. We booked Sanaa for dinner just about 2 hours prior a couple of weeks ago.

If you're not able to get a last minute ADR, I would still stop by and see if there's space in the lounge. We had a great experience there on our last trip!

Most Disney owned restaurants won't seat you without an ADR even if there's space. So you should always get on the app and get an ADR, even if it's for right then.
If there's no ADR, well, then it means they are full

As others have said the lounge is an option, but it is small and can get crowded quickly especially if you are a larger party. We went as a party of 5 last year and couldn't get into the lounge, so we went to Jiko instead and ate in their small lounge. No amazing Sanaa bread service, but they serve all of the appetizers from the Jiko menu so we were happy lodgers.

Are you planning on eating at Boma or Jiko at some point? When we go I am planning on booking all three for different days and just seeing what we fancy the first night and then cancelling that reservation later in the week.

As one of you are checking in, the other go and see if you can get in. What might happen is there is an hour wait or so. But this is good to go to room unpack and settle in. There is the lounge to eat at too.

The lounge is going to be hard for 5 people. That is pretty much half the seating they have. I would either book ahead or try as you land.

If all else fails and you are starving, I know you can walk up to the bar and order the bread service to go. You MIGHT have luck with other items, although I have never tried.

The restaurant is very busy even with reservations. We had a late reservation for only 3 people last trip and still had to wait for an hour. In those cases they most likely would not be able to take walk ups.

When we were there in September we did not have reservations, we got there literally when they opened for dinner, and they said they were booked for the night. We were able to get a spot in the lounge

Why not try to get a reservation through touringplans? You can sign up for notifications without paying a subscription fee. We have been most successful when we have them text us, not email. Since everyone who wants that reservation is notified at the same time, you have to pay very close attention to your texts. We have ALWAYS picked up the reservation we were trying to get when we have used texts.

Once you have landed and all is well I would get on the app and see if there are any reservations you can snag.

Yes, After trying unsuccesfully for months, I was able to snag a Narcoose's reservation for that night while I was sitting in the Orlando airport.
If not, sadly Sanaa seems pretty busy the last several years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter