Sanford Airport to WDW route

NandP

Nick D DIS Veteran DVC-BCV
Would you take Interstate 4 west or toll road Highway 417 south to get to the maingate area of WDW?

Pros and cons??

Thanks!!!

I would take 417. It's pretty much a straight shot and you don't have to deal with I-4 traffic. The cost of tolls is worth that, believe me.

Jas --who hates I-4 and avoids it unless absolutely necessary and there's no way around it.

I would agree that 417 is certainly easier, though it sure seems like you're paying a lot of tolls (must be at least $6 or $7 between WDW and the airport)! The airport is very close to the exit/entrance for 417. The road to I4 is slow-going (lights, shopping, intersections galore). If you're travelling during light traffic time I4 will save you money and isn't any longer time-wise or distance-wise.

I did it by myself and I took I 4 all the way, no traffic , no tolls. It all depends on the time you are driving. It was also a straight shot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter