Sapphire Falls now closed??

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
Just made a reservation for October literally yesterday. Got this email just now. Ugh!

We're excited for your visit to Universal Orlando Resort, however, there are hotel operational changes that have affected your reservation.

Loews Sapphire Falls Resort has temporarily suspended operations, and we'd like to assist you in modifying your upcoming reservation to enjoy a complimentary upgrade* to a Premier Hotel during your stay, Hard Rock Hotel®or Loews Royal Pacific Resort, and the additional theme park benefits that come with staying at a Premier Hotel for this inconvenience. If you prefer, you may also modify your travel dates for a future stay at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort.

Please reach out at your earliest convenience so we can assist in modifying your plans with us. Our Reservation Team is available daily between 7:30am-9pm EDT. Please contact us at (888) 464-3551.As we may experience higher call volume at this time, we appreciate your patience.

Ugh! I’m booked with a split stay in Sept with my husband for his birthday. 18-24 at Sapphire, 24-30 at RPR. Just checked Loews website and Sapphire now not even listed as an option for our dates.

Love Sapphire and looking forward to trying Strong Water for the 1st time and love their pool. Decided to book a long stay to make up for all our cancelled trips this year and next so was looking forward to having a split stay, though RPR is lovely. Am concerned though as this means fewer restaurant choices for our 12 night visit. We don’t rent a car, prefer to stay in the Universal “bubble”, and eating outdoors to minimize exposure risks.

I booked with points through Chase credit card so not sure when I’ll be notified or how they will handle this. Just today I let myself believe this vacation will happen after cancelled flights/ changes, increase Covid numbers etc. Will try and stay hopeful as this latest glitch gets worked out.

Thanks for sharing so I have a heads up.

Just today I let myself believe this vacation will happen after cancelled flights/ changes, increase Covid numbers etc.
Same. I’ve had vacation blahs and finally felt good enough to pull the trigger yesterday 😂😂

Yep, my stay at SF from 20 to 25 September after seeing a great PH rate. Just got the email, and have been on hold for some time, so far. Never stayed at HRH, but have stayed at RPR, and will again 25 September to 2 October. Guess so many cancellations as no HHN.

Looks like you’re a fellow cruiser. That’s our vacation of choice and we had some amazing trips booked as we celebrate our unplanned, early retirement. My DH has never been to Universal so thought this would be a fun and reasonably safe consolation.

Yep, my stay at SF from 20 to 25 September after seeing a great PH rate. Just got the email, and have been on hold for some time, so far. Never stayed at HRH, but have stayed at RPR, and will again 25 September to 2 October. Guess so many cancellations as no HHN.
Same. I’m going on 45 minutes on hold now lol

This just means the other resorts will be that much more crowded which just adds another negative in the decision of going or staying. I totally understand the business side of it, but scaling back so much I think is one of the reasons people are cancelling. Its a double edged sword.

This just means the other resorts will be that much more crowded which just adds another negative in the decision of going or staying. I totally understand the business side of it, but scaling back so much I think is one of the reasons people are cancelling. Its a double edged sword.
Think the resorts staying open are still running at reduced capacity, so won't be THAT crowded. Everyone that's been going been gushing about the low crowds...this is the downside of that. Really wonder if they are going to be able to stay open after schools go back and many international customers unable to come to U.S.

I didn't get the e-mail (booked for Nov), but looked online to check on the AP rates again, and saw that SF was no longer available. Called the number posted by @fredandkell and waited on hold for about 30-40min. Upgraded to RPR for the week instead of just Sat night at the low SF AP price of $109 avg/night. They had HRH available as well, but this saves us having to change hotels twice (already staying at CBBR for the last few days). Very excited for EPs the whole week now!

Yeah - I should have booked Adventura last week for my future trip when I cancelled my HHN room - I assume it is the same upgrade option.
If SF is not open I may just cancel the whole trip - I really enjoy Strong Water and if that's not open its a major disappointment - definitely concerned about that staff their they were really good

Agree. I was planning a trip Sept because of low crowds and wanted to stay at Sapphire but now that there closing more hotels and reducing park hours I'm going to cancel. Also I dont understand why they promote the low crowds and close because of low crowds. I thought the goal was to have reduced capacity so that guest will feel comfortable going back Universal and Disney

Agree. I was planning a trip Sept because of low crowds and wanted to stay at Sapphire but now that there closing more hotels and reducing park hours I'm going to cancel. Also I dont understand why they promote the low crowds and close because of low crowds. I thought the goal was to have reduced capacity so that guest will feel comfortable going back Universal and Disney
Yeah - but if most of the guests are locals and not staying at the hotels they cant keep them all open.
With September and October begin slower typically - and no HHN - and states adding more travel bans I'm sure they had a ton of cancellations and it makes no sense to have so many hotels open.
If there was demand they would be open

Yeah - I should have booked Adventura last week for my future trip when I cancelled my HHN room - I assume it is the same upgrade option.
If SF is not open I may just cancel the whole trip - I really enjoy Strong Water and if that's not open its a major disappointment - definitely concerned about that staff their they were really good
Adventura didn’t get the upgrade. Those reservations were moved to Cabana Bay. Sapphire is a preferred resort so that’s why their reservations were offered the upgrade to premium. No where else to move them since they are the only resort in the “preferred” category

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter