Saratoga Springs Studio Review

Myalyas

Mouseketeer
We stayed in a Studio in The Grandstand section. I liked that the parking for each section was close to the buildings and we always had a fairly close spot. I had requested a room close to the lobby so our room was quite a ways from the elevator and almost at the very end of the building. I should’ve requested a room closer to the elevator but it wasn’t a deal breaker. I really didn’t realize until our last day there that we could’ve easily walked to The Artist’s Palette if we had taken the stairs that were close to our room. We drove every time and parked in the 30-minute parking area. Oh well…

The room was alright. The “dressing area” with the sink was a little cramped. There really was only room for one person at a time. The shower didn’t have as much water pressure as I’d like. I had to iron a skirt one night for our dinner reservation at Narcoossee’s. I had to place the ironing board near the front door and plugged the iron into the outlet at the microwave counter area. That kept it out of the way. Oh, one thing about the little fridge in the room – the freezer section really doesn’t freeze. I had gotten some ice cream and placed it in there but it was soggy the next day.

Since I am a smoker (don’t judge, please), I was pleased to find the DSA was close to the parking lot and elevator. There may have been another one at the end of the building, closer to where our room was but this one was ok and I met some nice fellow smokers there. The only bad thing was that I got bit on the ankles by mosquitoes the first night. I was surprised that the property had not sprayed or treated the area better. I wore long pants and socks and shoes the next night but I think I still maybe 1 bite even then. One thing I noticed was that non-smokers seem to act as if they don’t even see us. They don’t look at you, don’t smile, don’t say hello, nothing. I started purposely speaking to everyone that walked by to shake them out of it. LOL

The Artist’s Palette was just OK. We ate there as soon as we checked in and settled in to our room because we were hungry. I had the Lobster Club and my daughter had the Turkey Club. Neither were spectacular to me. Resort Mug was always filled with the Gold Peak White Tea with Citrus! We both loved this stuff!

Would I stay at Saratoga Springs again? Yes, I would, but if I were staying longer than 2 nights I’d stay in a 1 bedroom for the extra space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter