SARS Evacuation of Foreign Exchange Students in China

fklhou

<font color=red>Liberal and proud of it<br><font c
My older two children attend St. John's School which has a study abroad program. One of my son's classmates was doing a year in China and was not due back until June. My son and I ran into his classmate this weekend. The school running the study abroad program evacuated the American students studying in China due to SARS. I am glad that the school is not taking any chances with the students even if this meant cutting a month from the students overseas experience.

My son's classmate is not rescheduling some SAT IIs she was scheduled to take in China in May. She and her mom explained the issue to ETS and while ETS is not normally flexible on changing test sites, an exception is being made due to the SARS outbreak.

Oh my glad you posted this info.

My friends son is studying at the Univ. of Hong Kong this year. He is also due home to Minnesota in June.

She has been so worried about him. I wonder if he's leaving earlier too.

I am glad the ETS program is being flexible about the change in test sites. They had better be!

herc.

My son's classmate was in Beijing. Her mom had no trouble communicating with her by e-mail and phone. I would have your friend check. The epidemic may not be as bad in Hong Kong but in Beijing, it was judged to be serious enough to evaculate the American students.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter