Savage Sam: Movie Review

IllinoisJones

Displaying My Ears
Recently caught Old Yeller’s lesser known sequel. Where to begin? We’ll start with the bright side. Mouse Vets Tommy Kirk, Brian Keith, and Kevin Corcoran highlight the movie. The story portrayed was a lowlight for me. Sam is Yeller’s offspring with a similar spirit for adventure. Travis (Kirk) and his little bro Arliss (Corcoran) are left alone while their parents visit a sick relative. The boys along with a neighbor girl are taken captive and it’s up to Uncle Beck (Keith) and of course Sam to track them down and save the day. A simple story that felt more like a western t.v. show episode rather than a full length feature. It has hints of Yeller without the heart ripping finale and much of its heart in general, and quite frankly the stereotyped Native Americans are unsettling. Maybe because these are the worst cast pasty Native Americans I’ve ever seen. 1½ woofs out of 5. (Kirk elevates this film from a 1. But even he can’t save it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter