Savannah and Eric's Memories Disney Wedding

Congratulations on the new job!

I was excited to see that you are also a winter bride. Love the colored wedding dress!

Congrats on your new job and upcoming wedding! Did you get your preferred date and location? We are doing a Memories ceremony at Luau Beach on December 14th! It will also just be the two of us so I'm excited to follow your PJ :) On another noted we lived in CO for 10 years, from downtown Denver to Fort Collins and my folks still live in Louisville (outside Boulder). I hope you love CO as much as we do! I miss it every day.

I just started following your story. Its such a sweet one! congrats on the new job btw!

I'm back! I became one of those "bad disbrides" who quit their PJ with no explanation!

It's been a crazy year and half for us! We moved to Denver, and I managed an orthopedic practice there for a little over a year, but we didn't love it. The housing market is beyond ridiculous and while we had a great apartment in an amazing location, we were both ready to get back to the Midwest. A lot of things about Denver just didn't work for us. So when Eric's dad decided he was going to sell his second home in the UP of Michigan this past summer, we bought it and moved to Michigan. E lived in the UP for almost ten years prior to meeting me, so he was beyond thrilled to get back closer to his friends and family. I'm just glad to be back in the Midwest.

In July of 2015, I got some very scary and very real health related news, so we ended up eloping in Rocky Mountain National Park. Colorado laws allow you to get married without an officiant and without witnesses, so that's what we did - just us and a photographer. I'll be honest and say I don't love any of the pictures - the wonders of what swelling you end up with from major medication - but I'll share a few later because the scenery was gorgeous. It was more important at that point to be married, and honestly, to be on the same health insurance. After two surgeries and a fifty four (and counting!) pound weight loss, I finally feel like myself again.

11143596_10100320289803527_2111053556428763121_o.jpg

14462895_10100525200181487_1045507678357270776_n.jpg

14732330_10107841592417799_2622059957418311058_n.jpg

We also added to our family - with a puppy! His name is Trigger, and he is all sorts of mixed breeds.
13343050_10100455093281277_6275795114047136371_n.jpg

So why am I back? We are planning a Disney vowel renewal to make up for the wedding we missed out on, and to celebrate being healthy and happy! I am super early in the planning process, but will likely be deciding between and Escape and a Disney-alternative event. Nice to be back!!

Welcome back! I'm so sorry to hear you had scary health issues, but am happy to hear that everything is well now. Your elopement photo is beautiful.

I look forward to hearing about your vow renewal! :goodvibes

Welcome back! I'm so sorry to hear you had scary health issues, but am happy to hear that everything is well now. Your elopement photo is beautiful.

I look forward to hearing about your vow renewal! :goodvibes

Thank you! It's nice to have some exciting to focus on! And to be honest, I'm glad we didn't go ahead with the original plan and now have a better understanding of some of the very cool Disney alternative options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!