Say Please in French - A June and Sept. 2018 DLP TR *Updated 4/22

I didn't dislike the hat at DHS, but I also wasn't especially attached to it.

That sounds so fantastic! That's one of the things we actually like a lot about visiting Universal in Orlando. I'd love this aspect of the Paris parks!

Oh my goodness, how sweet is this!? Well done, @Lesley Wake !!

:lovestruc What a funny, sweet little guy!

Sounds like an awesome Dismeet!

The proximity of the two parks was such a nice change of pace compared to the WDW ones. Don't get me wrong, nothing beat WDW, but going to the Paris parks with little kids made life a lot easier.

I love when I get to meet up with other DISers in the parks. It's fun to meet others who are as passionate about Disney as you are.

I know - it was such an awesome coincidence!

Haha, yeah...once I actually get to that part in my TR! Though I didn't take many photos either at first - just enjoying the company! I had a lot of fun with Landon on BTMR - only concern was him getting too jostled around because the lapbar wouldn't come down enough for him! But I think we got a rhythm after a little bit!

It was great to have a new friend to chat with! Especially being on my own for the past several days! I loved your whole family and would be so excited if you guys end up closer to DL!

Yeah, I usually try to bring along a small gift for any kids "dragged" along to dismeets! It definitely helps get over the initial shyness!

And Landon is the best park buddy ever!

I realized afterwards that I didn't take many photos initially, but I feel like that's a mark of a good visit. We were too busy talking and taking kids on attractions to remember photos.

Since we have to go back to the states, I keep hoping we'll go somewhere on the West Coast so that I can travel and explore new places. I'd love to get the chance to visit the Disneyland parks for a few years, especially since I'd have a guide to help me....:rotfl:

A busy week you had! Glad to hear all is well :)

The people have spoken...they want Slinky Dog! At least you didn't have to wait too long and were out of there quickly!

Glad you were able to meet up with Lesley! Sounds like a great time spent with her. Her and Landon look so cute together on BTMRR!

And I kinda agree with DH..Evie definitely needed that Remy! Or maybe it's just me that wants it :rotfl2:

Hahaha, I think you mentioned Remy in your last TR and it made me think of that Remy plush. I'll be there in a few weeks and can keep an eye out...:rotfl2:

Slinky Dog was such a random attraction to request; I figured for sure he'd want to go on Peter Pan or Small World, but Landon wanted to throw me off. I'm scared to get him on Slinky Dog Dash in DHS, because I think he's going to become obsessed with it. It'll become a new favorite.

It is amazing! DL is the same and I seriously was in LOVE with that!

She really is super thoughtful!

Well of course! I mean she brought presents...

That really is actually the best gift she could have given you guys! Glad that Alex was able to ride with Landon. Is Evie too tall? You can't render swap?

That is true, she did bring him a present. I shouldn't have been surprised she became his new best friend. :rotfl2:

Evie is still too short to ride Thunder. I want to say she's only 38 inches, we're hoping she'll be tall enough to ride the 40 inch rides by our next WDW trip. (Not that she'll want to.:rolleyes:) And DLP has Rider Swap but it's not as well known and is done a little different than at WDW.

I should have figured that Landon would want to do the Slinky Dog ride first. I remember you mentioning on the last DLP report how much he loved that thing. (Not that I can blame him … I loved rides like that when I was a kid too)

All this talk of the parks being within walking distance … I really hope you guys get stationed somewhere near Disneyland. The park entrances are right across from each other. You’d love it. Kids can easily stay in stroller going from one park to the other.

So cool that you got to meet up and spend some time with a DIS friend!

Now that I have been to WDW and DLP, I really want to visit DL in CA. I would be really happy if we lived close enough to experience those parks for a few years, because the less walking my kids have to endure the less they complain and the happier me and Alex are. :laughing:

Happy anniversary again!

Thank you! We've missed two of our seven anniversaries due to deployments, so we were just happy to spend the day together. And being kid-less was an added bonus.

Nothing beats this combo.

It was just enough fuel to keep me going. Plus, the doughnuts here don't have that glaze on them and I think that makes them taste better. Not as sweet and sugary.

Let me know if you do!!! :)

That's true, you live close enough we could have a DL meetup.
Whether we end up near the West Coast or not, Alex and I are already planning a DL/Hawaii trip for our 10 year anniversary. So we'll make it that way by 2021. :rotfl:

Awesome trip report!

Thank you! And thanks for reading. :goodvibes

I’m loving your trip so far Alicia :)
You’re going to have a busy time of it between kindergarten and clubs but sure busy is good :)
Hope Landon is enjoying school :)

It has been a busy few weeks, but we're figuring out a system and learning to squeeze it all in. :thumbsup2 Landon had a great first week, although he's already complaining about having to wake up early every morning. Typical kid...

Oh, you went to Efteling! :) What did you think of our little park?

We loved Efteling! The kids STILL talk about the rides; they absolutely loved the Pagoda and Landon, especially, loved the park because he got to ride Halve Maen and Bob. I think getting to ride those prepared him for some of the bigger coasters at DLP.
I ate so, so many Stroopwafels while there. And had my phone fly out of my pocket on Monsieur Cannibale and into the water that surrounds it. THAT made for an eventful time, but the phone survived so now it's just a memorable story. :rotfl:

We loved Efteling! The kids STILL talk about the rides; they absolutely loved the Pagoda and Landon, especially, loved the park because he got to ride Halve Maen and Bob. I think getting to ride those prepared him for some of the bigger coasters at DLP.
I ate so, so many Stroopwafels while there. And had my phone fly out of my pocket on Monsieur Cannibale and into the water that surrounds it. THAT made for an eventful time, but the phone survived so now it's just a memorable story. :rotfl:

And that's how each park should be build, with some smaller, tamer rides to prepare children to the bigger rides. Have them test out what they like and don't like :)

Who knows, it might be even more unique in the future. Maybe in a few years Monsieur Cannibale will be remodelled, as once in a while protestors tried to get rid of it, due to the racially insensitive stereotyping. Same for some characters on Carnival Festival (IT's a Small World-type ride.)

I am currently planning a trip to Efteling, haven't been there for a few years :) looking forward to Droomvlucht (Dreamflight), Symbolica and The Baron.

And that's how each park should be build, with some smaller, tamer rides to prepare children to the bigger rides. Have them test out what they like and don't like :)

Who knows, it might be even more unique in the future. Maybe in a few years Monsieur Cannibale will be remodelled, as once in a while protestors tried to get rid of it, due to the racially insensitive stereotyping. Same for some characters on Carnival Festival (IT's a Small World-type ride.)

I am currently planning a trip to Efteling, haven't been there for a few years :) looking forward to Droomvlucht (Dreamflight), Symbolica and The Baron.

Are you staying at any of the Efteling accommodations? We stayed at the Efteling hotel and loved it. My husband and I thought it was just as well themed as any Disney resort...if not a little better.

Droomvlucht was a lot of fun to ride; we never got around to going on Symbolica. Even with early access, the lines that formed were intimidating!
My husband rode the Baron and said it was amazing. His favorite ride at the park! (I was too scared to try it.)

I love that photo of Landon and Lesley on BTMR, he looks like he is having so much fun!

I love capturing his smile on BTMR. For some reason, he just gets so giddy on that attraction.

I am excited to read about your time in DLP. I have read through the updates on your report and I keep thinking I have commented, but apparently not!

Your intro, especially the pictures, are great!

LOL on taking so long to actually getting on the road, but having a nice full breakfast before going is a smart move. Sounds like your travels once underway were uneventful = good.

I like the touches in your Disneyland Hotel room and I know that you will really appreciate everything being so close.

Great news about the Fast Passes you got for staying at the hotel. You will probably cover this as the report goes along, but are there other Fast Passes that guests can get in the park? Are they good for all rides or just a chosen few (and most importantly, Peter Pan...)

:goodvibes

I love hearing about your busy weekend and the kids' activities. Wishing Landon a fantastic Kindergarten year. How long is his school day?

Alex and I walked the short distance to the Studios.

f1 by Alicia Wolc

I am so glad the Studios in Paris has the Earful tower. Seems appropriate.

That is great that you let Landon pick the first ride of the trip. Too bad it didn't work out for Evie, but that is a very adorable consolation picture with Rex.

Your meet with with Lesley Wake sounds fantastic and what a great job she did picking out gifts that the kids (and you) loved.

Hooray for the ride on Big Thunder! And it has a ride photo! :woohoo: It is my favorite ride at Magic Kingdom, and the one at Disneyland California is even better- I do hope you get to experience that sometime in the nearish future.

:thumbsup2

Thank you! We've missed two of our seven anniversaries due to deployments, so we were just happy to spend the day together. And being kid-less was an added bonus.

:goodvibes

It was just enough fuel to keep me going. Plus, the doughnuts here don't have that glaze on them and I think that makes them taste better. Not as sweet and sugary.

Then perfect for dunking in coffee.

That's true, you live close enough we could have a DL meetup.
Whether we end up near the West Coast or not, Alex and I are already planning a DL/Hawaii trip for our 10 year anniversary. So we'll make it that way by 2021. :rotfl:

YAY!!!! I hope you can stay at Aulani! It's on my bucket list.

Great news about the Fast Passes you got for staying at the hotel. You will probably cover this as the report goes along, but are there other Fast Passes that guests can get in the park? Are they good for all rides or just a chosen few (and most importantly, Peter Pan...)

They still use the old paper system at DLP, but not as many rides offer the service and the window is only 30 minutes as opposed to an hour.

I love hearing about your busy weekend and the kids' activities. Wishing Landon a fantastic Kindergarten year. How long is his school day?

He's having a great year so far. Loves school, especially since he gets 3 recesses a day and I think has more independence in the class than he did in preschool. He gets on the bus around 7:15 and gets off about 3:00.

I am so glad the Studios in Paris has the Earful tower. Seems appropriate.

I love that they have both the Earful tower and the sorcerer's hat! Reminds me of the original MGM days.

Hooray for the ride on Big Thunder! And it has a ride photo! :woohoo: It is my favorite ride at Magic Kingdom, and the one at Disneyland California is even better- I do hope you get to experience that sometime in the nearish future.

We're hoping 2021 at the latest. Sooner, depending on where we move to next.

YAY!!!! I hope you can stay at Aulani! It's on my bucket list.

That's exactly where we hope to stay when we go. However, I'm afraid once I see it for myself I'll want to return to the resort over and over again. It seems like one of those places that are even better in person.

I've been reading along since your first one with Landon. I was a silent reader on the first couple of reports. I've really enjoyed watching your kids grow.

Really?! Oh my goodness, that's humbling. I think you have mentioned before that you read a couple of my reports without commenting, but I missed that it went all the way back to Landon's first trip. Thanks so much for sticking around for that long! It doesn't seem like it's been 5 years but I guess with Landon in kindergarten it has been.
And thank you for writing a trip report of your own! It was such fun getting to know your family and reading about your experiences at Disney. Please continue after future trips!

As far as I know the hotel FP are completely separated from all other FPs and they are good for all rides.
In Disneyland Park in order of importance, in my opinion :)
- Big Thunder Mountain (This is your must get FP, lines get long throughout the day)
- Peter Pan (also open during EMH)
- Buzz Lightyear (also open during EMH)
- Space Mountain (Also has a single rider's line and open during EMH)
- Indiana Jones (FP don't run out quickly, it's in a remote corner of the park, height min. is 1.40cm)

There have been a lot of tests to have some sort of fastpass in the Princess Pavillion, but none of those tests were implemented.
Also Phantom Manor had some tests last year, and I heard rumors that with the extensive refurb, they are adding a FP entrance. However, I wonder how necessary it is, as only on extremely busy days I see lines longer than 30 minutes.

In the Studios
- Tower of Terror
- Ratatouille (also accessible during EMH and has a single rider's line)
- Rock 'n Roller coaster (also during EMH)

There are no FP for shows, parades or fireworks. And till the end of September there is a pilot going on for a paid FP called: Access One, for 15 euro a piece.

As far as I know the hotel FP are completely separated from all other FPs and they are good for all rides.
In Disneyland Park in order of importance, in my opinion :)
- Big Thunder Mountain (This is your must get FP, lines get long throughout the day)
- Peter Pan (also open during EMH)
- Buzz Lightyear (also open during EMH)
- Space Mountain (Also has a single rider's line and open during EMH)
- Indiana Jones (FP don't run out quickly, it's in a remote corner of the park, height min. is 1.40cm)

There have been a lot of tests to have some sort of fastpass in the Princess Pavillion, but none of those tests were implemented.
Also Phantom Manor had some tests last year, and I heard rumors that with the extensive refurb, they are adding a FP entrance. However, I wonder how necessary it is, as only on extremely busy days I see lines longer than 30 minutes.

In the Studios
- Tower of Terror
- Ratatouille (also accessible during EMH and has a single rider's line)
- Rock 'n Roller coaster (also during EMH)

There are no FP for shows, parades or fireworks. And till the end of September there is a pilot going on for a paid FP called: Access One, for 15 euro a piece.

Merci!!!

:thanks:

I immediately spotted the DISer in question and made my way over to her. As luck would have it, @LesleyWake
Yay @Lesley Wake I've been waiting for her to show up in your TR

she was just as nice and generous in person as she is in her reports. The first thing she did when she saw us was give the kids gifts!
Oh how sweet.

In his little five year old mind, Lesley had shown up to hang with him. I mean, she knew his name and brought him a Tinker Bell gift…obviously she wanted to be his ride companion.

05-jpg.348914
Cute and I love this pic not sure who's smile is cuter.

Yes, be warned, it really is ;) We did Hawaii for our honeymoon, planned it like a one and done holiday, but while there my husband already started talking about getting back, at that moment he said in 10 years time. Then when the volcano went all crazy he said, "if we can't get to big island, shall we go back to Aulani?" and now he's planning to return in 5 years time at the latest ;)

Just as I suspected...it's impossible to stay away from such a beautiful place. :rotfl:

Great report! Following along :)

Thanks for joining and following along!

What a dream! I am saving my spot and excited to catch up!!!

Thanks for hopping over here. :goodvibes

Yay @Lesley Wake I've been waiting for her to show up in your TR

Oh how sweet.

Cute and I love this pic not sure who's smile is cuter.

It was fun looking at the photos afterwards and seeing both of them so happy. Disney magic at its best.

Well I mean I got to ride with a Dis celebrity! Of course I was excited!

Oh gosh! :sad2::rotfl2: Landon certainly makes himself known, that's for sure...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!