Sayings that irk you

Sand Wedge

Registered
Every time someone tries to cheer me up by telling me that they "know exactly what I'm going through" or that "it'll be all right", I feel worse, as if my suffering is somehow being trivialised.

right now it's "at least you have XXX. My long time single friend believes that because I have a husband, I therefore, have nothing on her, as far as misery goes because " at least I have XXX". Shut up, LOL! I love her and let it fly in the wind....

right now it's "at least you have XXX. My long time single friend believes that because I have a husband, I therefore, have nothing on her, as far as misery goes because " at least I have XXX". Shut up, LOL! I love her and let it fly in the wind....

Well at least you have a friend who is jealous of you!
(Sorry, I had to do it!)

"It is what it is"
TRANSLATION:
"Yup, you're right, this is wrong, it needs our attention/money immediately, but we're going to ignore the issue and hope it goes away"

I take this one another way - to me it's more like: don't worry about something that you can't change. I use it quite often. I guess some of these are open to interpretation. :)

I take this one another way - to me it's more like: don't worry about something that you can't change. I use it quite often. I guess some of these are open to interpretation. :)
I agree with your definition. This is always something I can't change because it is someone else's job to step up and change a situation and they refuse to do it. Sadly, if it was something I could change and I didn't take action, I'd be getting a talking to from the boss.

That’s “good enough”. No, if it’s done right and finished complete then it’s good enough.

For some reason I don't like when people say, "I can't imagine......." when a person is going through something rough.

I feel like saying, well I couldn't imagine it either until it happened to me and I had no choice. So sometimes you have to "imagine" things you don't want to. I guess I feel it's kind of like saying, "glad it's you and not me." Or it's like saying "I could not handle that" well if you had to handle it you would and I am not any more prepared to handle it than anyone else but I have to. I know it is not intended that way, but sometimes it feels that way.

^This!!!

My sister (never been married) always says my life is so much easier because I have DH. I always tell her she is not alone - she can call me if she ever needs anything. And I tell her sometimes having a DH (and kids!) can be stressful - it's not all lollipops and rainbows.

I have another sister that is married and we just roll our eyes when our unmarried sister sends us texts at 11:30am on a Saturday about how she's still in bed snuggling with her cat and reading a book while we got up super early - walking the dogs, taking care of the kids, etc etc etc. :rolleyes:

The grass is always greener I guess .....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!