Sayings that irk you

That’s “good enough”. No, if it’s done right and finished complete then it’s good enough.

No. For a perfectionist like myself, I need to constantly remind myself that good enough is good enough. You reach the point of diminishing returns if you constantly fiddle with stuff wihtout submitting -- it's really a weird form of procrastination.

"don't do anything I wouldn't do". OMG I hate that saying (and 9 out of 10 times, I hate the person saying it too...LOL). I don't even know what it means in the literal sense. It's so stupid.

People making their kids take out college loans to have 'skin in the game'. Hate that expression vehemently but also the reasoning - if having loans is the only reason your kids will study in college you're in trouble already!

"No offence but..." is 100% always followed by the speaker saying something really ignorant or hateful. How about they just just more accurately say "I couldn't care less if this bugs you but..." :sad1:

Anything before the word "but" is usually bull droppings.

No offense but....... insert offense here.
I don't mean to be racist but...... Insert racist statement here.
I don't mean to be insensitive but..... Insert insensitivity here.
I don't like those that demean women but..... Insert demeaning remark here.
I'm not trying to be bossy but..... Insert Bossy Bessie on the warpath here.
I really do like you're totally hot but........ Insert the let's just be friends knife right through the heart here and twist it.

"In the grand scheme of things..." DH says it to me fairly often. To me, it's him saying what's bothering me isn't important and I shouldn't worry about it. Drives me nuts.
"I seen..." Most of the people in the town we live in say it and I just want to smack them every time I hear it.

All things related to MLMs/direct sales people on social media:
"side hustle"
"retire your husband"
"health and wellness coach"
"detox" or "toxins"

The phrase that gets to me is “I could care less”. I always follow that up with “well then, why don’t you?” It’s “I Couldn’t care less” people!

The one word I can’t stand is “Irregardless”. It’s a double standard with no standing.

"Not to change the subject"
Are you kidding me??
That's exactly what they're going to do...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!