Scared of Indoor Dining

For outdoor dinning you could do dinner at Turf Club at SSR has out door seating, Wilderness lodge has outdoor seating at Geyser Point. Poly has QS outdoor seating. Olivia's at OKW has outdoor seating. Flame Tree at AK park So you have some options if indoor is not your thing right now.

Last edited:
If you're ever going to go to a restaurant "anywhere" I would trust a Disney place before anywhere else. They are really following all the rules and then some. Again DS would be a different case for me.

We just got home from 6 days at WDW yesterday. I am extremely paranoid and diligent about safety during this pandemic. I/we felt perfectly safe at every restaurant we dined at. Tables are well spaced and wait staff wear both masks and face shields. If this paranoid Memaw felt safe, take my word for it you will too. I was really sad to leave WDW as we felt much safer there than we do at home in Panama City Beach where no one wears a mask and/or practices social distancing.

We just got home from 6 days at WDW yesterday. I am extremely paranoid and diligent about safety during this pandemic. I/we felt perfectly safe at every restaurant we dined at. Tables are well spaced and wait staff wear both masks and face shields. If this paranoid Memaw felt safe, take my word for it you will too. I was really sad to leave WDW as we felt much safer there than we do at home in Panama City Beach where no one wears a mask and/or practices social distancing.
This makes me feel so much better! Thank you! We are also very paranoid normally at home, as it's still not great here (Northern VA/Washington DC). We still haven't done indoor dining here, and the main areas near us are already back to near normal congestion. I keep telling myself that we're definitely safer at WDW than we are at our local grocery stores or restaurants. Your thoughts verify this thinking!!

I just can't do indoor dining. If a less-stress getaway means mobile ordering, take out, and outdoor seating, there are still awesome options! We were in Orlando right before the parks opened and leaned on to-go orders and had some great meals. I so appreciate all the insight in this thread though!!

Thanks for all this info! I'm frustrated with HS because I can't get a sci-fi adr, probably because I'm solo. They don't want only one person in a car. So I'm thinking I need to go back to 50s prime time, but I've seen concern about it other places. What makes you nervous about that one? Thanks.

Thanks for all this info! I'm frustrated with HS because I can't get a sci-fi adr, probably because I'm solo. They don't want only one person in a car. So I'm thinking I need to go back to 50s prime time, but I've seen concern about it other places. What makes you nervous about that one? Thanks.
Previously it didn't matter if a party of 2 only showed up with 1 person. No penalty was charged as long as someone showed. Not sure if that changed with the reopening, but I doubt it.

Just search for 2 or 4. Several restaurants have systems that don’t like odd-numbered parties. No penalty as long as at least one person shows up.

The tables at 50s felt way too close. They only left a 2 top empty in the room we were seated. Our room had 2 4-tops and a 6-top, all occupied. The tables may have been 6 ft apart, but not the people once seated.

Edited to add pic, not the best, but you can see a table behind my kids.
IMG_20200803_141322740.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all! We just booked a trip for the 1st week in September. Indoor dining is still scary to us (2 adults in our late 20s/early 30s). How much are they packing the table service restaurants? Are there any that seem less crowded right now? Specifically looking for table service in the parks, in the Boardwalk resorts/resort area, MK resort area, and AK resort area.
We just went the first week of August and felt very comfortable everywhere. Masks are required if walking around the restaurants, but you can take them off once you are at your table. They are only allowing seating at certain tables so that there is at least 6' of distance apart. And in waiting areas, they have "dots" to stand on to make sure parties are separated, and this is enforced. We ate a table service meal at Liberty Tree Tavern and it was great! It was not crowded at all. (And the dessert is TO DIE FOR!!) I would recommend it!

Book sci fi for whatever # you can find that is 1-6. Parties are not being seated in the same car so you won’t be stopping another family from dining. When you check in just let the cm know you are actually a party of one. We booked 6 when we were 2 and had no issue. The cm actually told us he unofficially recommends smaller parties book for a larger number right now. Seating is well done- every other row front to back is not in use, and every other car for the other rows.

Just returned from a trip Aug 3-8.

I want to say for the most part we felt extremely safe. I love love loved :love:the hand washing stations scattered throughout the parks. I really never saw anyone but us use them (I am sure there were), but we appreciated washing our hands as well as the sanitizers that are literally everywhere you turn.

We ate indoor and outdoor dining. They include: Boardwalk Bakery, Spice Road, Baseline Tap House, Satu'li Canteen, Skipper Canteen, Sanaa, Topolino's, Kimonos, Splitsville, and Yak & Yeti.

The only one I thought was too crowded was Sanaa. I don't think we were spaced 6 feet apart. It was very crowded, and the waiting area was even worse. That was the only one I was truly not comfortable in.

DS itself was too busy for my liking. They were adequately spaced tables at Splitsville, but the walkways throughout DS were just very busy. Busier than the parks -- except for the main entrance at HS in the morning. TIP! Get to HS around 9:15am. We walked from BWV two mornings and the earlier walk at 9am was by far nicer than our walk at 9:30am.

FYI, Boardwalk Bakery is extremely slow (doesn't matter what time of day) and not the typical service we are used to. I wouldn't avoid it for safety, just for customer service and satisfaction stand point.

And without Ample Hills, Beaches and Cream CS line was super long. Just be prepared. We saw the line about 35 deep and passed.

95% compliance but that is still 1 in 20 people who are not wearing a mask or wearing it below their nose/chin
We just got back from the first week of August and with Disney it was pretty good at that 1 in 20, but universal is just the pitts. 1 in 10 there with many not even trying to be discreet, taking them off and walking around whole families without a mask. I was sitting down waiting at the restrooms for everyone to get done, and I saw someone at universal walk up to a CM without a mask on and ask a question and walk away. He never motioned for the guy to put a mask on and they guy walked away mask less. It was just sad at universal, same city different state of mind.

Call me naive but I have to believe they are doing anything they can to keep you safe. Disney definitely doesn't want to have to close down again.

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Indoor dining still feels unsafe to me, but we're considering a trip in December, so it's nice to know that some places feel safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!