Scooter Newbie

I’ve seen people mention that you can charge your EVC while in the parks, but can anybody be more specific about where to do that or what that looks like? I’m paranoid about running out of battery power.

Just basically look for outlets along the walls and there are some hidden in the planters. Really wish someone would map out where each one was. 😉

When going to the pool at your resort, how does that work? I would need the ECV to get back and forth to the pool, but probably could manage inside the gates. Should I just leave the ECV out of the way outside the gates, or is it ok to bring it near the pool loungers? Because I lack stamina in addition to having limited mobility, I think DH and I will spend more time sitting by the pool than we normally do on our trips.

You can have someone hold the gate open for you, drive in, and park by the loungers. That’s how most scooter people do it.

We will have a car, so how difficult is it to put the ECV in the back of an SUV? Would it be better to only take Disney transportation?

Depends on what model it is and how heavy the piece(s) are when its dismantled. The Vic10 and similar model, while they can be taken apart, it’s rather cumbersome and the pieces are heavy. If it’s a Pride GoGo-type of scooter, that’s more manageable.

And @RaySharpton, can’t believe you didn’t mention This.

My DH regularly takes my Go-Go apart and puts the pieces in the back of his mid-sized SUV, along with all our luggage if we're going to visit our DGDs.

I'm curious if most of you go with the victory 3 wheel or go-go 3 wheel. Is it just a matter of comfort? The victory has the longer back. I have decided to go with the victory or go go 3 wheel. I will be using disney transportation the entire time. I mention that because someone mentioned the go go is easier to breakdown and put in a vehicle. I also noticed it's $30 cheaper for the go go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!