Scooter Rental and Drop Off

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.
The past few years my mom has rented from Buena Vista scooters since they were the company that would drop off and pick up at a resort, without us being there. I just tried to book and they said that they no longer can do thisbut there are times I can request to meet them.

Is Buena Vista still the scooter rental comapny you would recommend or is there now another company that Disney works with to accept scooters if we are not yet at the resort for drop off?

Thank you.

Disney only had one vendor now who can drop off without you bring present. I believe it is Scoot erbug.

I personally have used Gold Mobility and they have meta me getting off Magical Express. They picked up about 10 minutes (my requested time) geograPhical Express. They showed me how to operate the scooter. (It swirled for m to sit at a table to eat, the seat could be adjusted forward and the back reclined. Very comfortable ride.

Disney only had one vendor now who can drop off without you bring present. I believe it is Scoot erbug.

I personally have used Gold Mobility and they have meta me getting off Magical Express. They picked up about 10 minutes (my requested time) geograPhical Express. They showed me how to operate the scooter. (It swirled for m to sit at a table to eat, the seat could be adjusted forward and the back reclined. Very comfortable ride.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your getting back to me so quickly. I will look at prices for both.

I would recommend BV. I have used a them several times. They cannnot leave the scooter at bell services any longer. You have to set up a meeting for pickup and return.
Scooterbug is now the preferred Disney vender, which means they can leave the scooter with bell services for you to pickup. I’ve never used them, but I have seen positive reviews on them.

I would recommend BV. I have used a them several times. They cannnot leave the scooter at bell services any longer. You have to set up a meeting for pickup and return.
Scooterbug is now the preferred Disney vender, which means they can leave the scooter with bell services for you to pickup. I’ve never used them, but I have seen positive reviews on them.

Thank you. I want to use them but we are staying in BWVs and land at 1 pm. The slot I could have would be 545 or so,ething like that. The resort hallways are very long and if we wanted to walk around or do anything, we cant without the scooter.

I think I will have to order from Scooter Bug.

I would recommend gold mobility scooters, they were on time with pick up and delivery, which was very important to us because we were driving 16 hours. Just got home last night. The scooter was pretty much new and the battery was strong and reliable. They also had free accessories and a great price. I’m sticking with them for future rentals.

Another vote for Gold Mobility Scooters. They will work with you on the time to meet you as close to your arrival and departure as you want. We always have ours delivered the day after arrival since we tend to arrive in the evening and pretty much go straight to the room.

Oh and I am not sure what category room at BWV that you booked, but I always do the garden/pool view and request close to the elevators and have always been within about 10 rooms of the elevator. Might want to try that as a request!

Still another vote for Gold Mobility. I got real familiar with the nearest bench to the DME bus stop, and as said above,Gold Mobility was in constant touch with me so that pick up and drop off of the scooter always took place within 15 minutes of me sitting on that bench.

Gold Mobility has the advantage here. They have been meeting clients for years so have it down to a science... meeting and transfer are timely and efficient.

Many of the other providers used to leave scooters at bell services... that ended a couple of years ago when Disney decided to allow only one scooter provider, Scooter Bug, to continue to do this. Others seem to have struggled with organizing the personal drop off/pick up since then.

Since Gold never left scooters at bell services, meeting has always been their model and they know how to do it!

Just to point out that many vendors have been meeting customers in person for several years. I think it was around 2014 that WDW limited "featured vendor" status to just 5 companies (1 of which is no longer in business) who utilized Bell Services for rentals, and then about a year ago went to 1 "preferred vendor." A number of popular vendors were never part of the featured vendor program and have been meeting their customers in person successfully for quite a while now.

I have always used BV. After the vendor change, it’s has been difficult to manage the specific meet times that may or may not coincide with your getting to the park. As you pointed out, the huge hallways make it hard for a person with mobility issues to not have a scooter immediately. I made the decision to purchase a fold n go wheelchair this year after breaking my ankle and to stop having to rely on renting an ECV. But if you are renting, Gold offers a better meeting time. In my research, they appeared to be the most flexible and better suited to your schedule. BV makes you adjust to their schedule. For me, that no longer works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter