Scooter Vendor Reviews

Which EVC rental vendor(s) have you used in pasts visits that you would most recommend to others?

• Total voters
What hotel was that? I never heard of them not being able to deliver somewhere. Some places they have to meet in person, even outside WDW resorts for various reasons.
I'm not sure if this is still true.....one of the timeshare resorts, maybe westgate, wouldn't let vendors on property. One of the resorts, maybe Omni at Champions Gate was outide Golds delivery zone.

We're going to WDW Thanksgiving week with my mother in law, who has pretty significant mobility issues. She also has arthritis in her hands that limit her ability to grip. I've read on other threads that Buena Vista has scooters that are easy on the hands. How about Gold or Scooterbug? Are they powered with thumbs or with your other fingers? More generally, has anyone with grip issues had trouble with any scooters, and if so, which companies/scooters were problematic?
This was the picture of the first scooter I rented from Gold Mobility, a GoGo. I took the picture because I was so pleased with how easy on my hands it was. Although I switched to the Victory [I think that's the name] a couple years later, I don't remember the handle being different. IMG_2684.jpeg

What hotel was that? I never heard of them not being able to deliver somewhere. Some places they have to meet in person, even outside WDW resorts for various reasons.
It was the Club Wyndham Star Island Resort although I don't believe it is exclusively Club Wyndham. I actually asked Gold why and they said they had had a problem in the past with property damage I think it was and they no longer deliver there.

This is my assumption. The disABILITIES Forum is sponsored by Buenva Vista Scooters.

FLTOURS sponsors the transportation forum. One of Pete's companies was originally listed as being the owner of FLTOURS.

Most other transportation can be linked and discussed.
An example

https://www.tiffanytowncar.com/wordpress/

Other scooter companies can be linked and discussed. Examples.
https://bpmobility.com/en
https://www.scooterbug.com/orlando/

https://walkermobility.com/
Traditionally companies were banned for.spamming DIS. Encouraging shill fan posts.

Last edited:
@Lewisc I appreciate your argument. However the mods were notified some time ago to not post links to any other ECV vendor. As one that was probably most frequently linked and mentioned for several years, I would not be surprised if it was blocked for that reason. Or maybe another reason as you suggest. We really don’t know why other that it isn’t allowed.

FLTOURS has been.a board sponsor forever. The only banned transportation companies are companies which spammed. DIS. Some were giving a nominal future discount in exchange for good review posts on DIS.
I can assure Gold Mobility has never given any discounts in exchange for good reviews on any site. They have however given all previous renters discount codes from time to time regardless of review or not, that just isn't their style. The problem is so many love them so much that we all rave about them to the point it may seem like spam or advertisements for them, but that is simply because they were that much better than all of the competition. They are still that good, the difference now is that by being as good as they are, it forced a lot of their competition to up their game, so the difference isn't quite as stark as it used to be. But there are still plenty of bad companies out there, especially Scooterbug, which is one of the worst. Don't get me wrong things don't always go wrong with Scooterbug, but when they do, it is bad.

Last edited:
This was the picture of the first scooter I rented from Gold Mobility, a GoGo. I took the picture because I was so pleased with how easy on my hands it was. Although I switched to the Victory [I think that's the name] a couple years later, I don't remember the handle being different. View attachment 857015
The victory and gog handles are very similar and easy to operate. Even the Maxima handles are similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter