Scored BLT!

blondietink

DIS Veteran
Online at 8 am today for a 5 night stay in a 1 bedroom lake view. Actually I was kind of surprised at the availability at most resorts today. I toyed with the idea of Grand Floridian but it was 55 points more, so I passed. I am excited that we will be able to walk to MK and not have to take the bus!!!!! This will be our first visit in over 4 years, so I will be doing lots of research as to what is new at the parks and maybe improved at the parks.

Online at 8 am today for a 5 night stay in a 1 bedroom lake view. Actually I was kind of surprised at the availability at most resorts today. I toyed with the idea of Grand Floridian but it was 55 points more, so I passed. I am excited that we will be able to walk to MK and not have to take the bus!!!!! This will be our first visit in over 4 years, so I will be doing lots of research as to what is new at the parks and maybe improved at the parks.
Good for you! Enjoy!

Thats great! We are at BLT right now and love it!! We have a 1 bed lake view, room 8436 on 14th floor that allows us to see the lake, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, GF with Epcot and Animal Kingdom off in the distance.

Thats great! We are at BLT right now and love it!! We have a 1 bed lake view, room 8436 on 14th floor that allows us to see the lake, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, GF with Epcot and Animal Kingdom off in the distance.
Funny, we were in 8437 last week!

Does anybody know if the lake views are on the higher floors? Just wondering what the difference is between lake and standard view.

Congrats! We own at BLT. Our last trip to BLT was 2013.

We love BLT, but this August we will be in a 2 bedroom at VGF for the first time. We can't wait.

Funny, BLT was 2 points more for the same dates.

Have a wonderful trip!

Congrats! We own at BLT. Our last trip to BLT was 2013.

We love BLT, but this August we will be in a 2 bedroom at VGF for the first time. We can't wait.

Funny, BLT was 2 points more for the same dates.

Have a wonderful trip!

Wow, that seems strange that it was more for the same dates. Perhaps it was quoting a Theme Park view? We haven't been to WDW in 4 years, so with all the buzz about the bus service deteriorating, I was anxious to get BLT to walk to Magic Kingdom. We will have a car, so I'm not worried about the other parks. We have owned at Saratoga Springs since 2005 and haven't stayed there yet.

Does anybody know if the lake views are on the higher floors? Just wondering what the difference is between lake and standard view.

IIRC, the highest floor "standard view" studio is on floor 5 or 6. You're barely above the trees there, and you'll be looking at mainly parking lot. Lake view rooms are above that. If you don't have an aversion to heights, the best views are from the highest floors. I was on 10 last year, and I could see the fireworks from Illuminations at Epcot on a clear night, and the electric boat parade beautifully. There's a thread with pictures of the views from various rooms on here. Some of the views from the higher floors are truly outstanding.

Wow, that seems strange that it was more for the same dates. Perhaps it was quoting a Theme Park view? We haven't been to WDW in 4 years, so with all the buzz about the bus service deteriorating, I was anxious to get BLT to walk to Magic Kingdom. We will have a car, so I'm not worried about the other parks. We have owned at Saratoga Springs since 2005 and haven't stayed there yet.

SSR is really nice, we stayed there in 2016. We were in Congress Park, just steps to Disney Springs. My sons are older so they love being able to hop over to DS. They go to the movies, bowling etc.

It was only 2 point difference with VGF and BLT, but I was surprise too. I was about to book BLT again, but took a look at VGF. I am really excited to stay there, as a Mom of 3 boys, I am looking forward to being at the “pretty” resort.

We have stayed at BLT twice, once on I think the 8th floor, 2bed, lake view. We got the north wing, it was great our view was like we were floating on water, plus Space Mountain. We could see Wishes from our sofa and from the Masters balcony if you look far left there was the Castle.

The second time we had the top floor, which I believe is the 14th. We need our KTWC to access our floor on the elevator. My boys felt extra special with that. You usually can’t get to the 14th floor with a CM. Our room was steps from TOWL. We over looked the pool on the inner loop. I preferred the outer.

And regarding busses, we were there in 2016 and we were staying at SSR. We did not find them a problem at all. I have always found it depends when you are traveling, like rush our in your car.

When at BLT we did walk back and forth from MK. It not bad, if not hot. We love the Monorail Resorts. You have so much to choose from. You also take monorail to Transportation Center to switch for Epcot monorail, very convenient.

Have a wonderful trip. And your home resort is very nice. :)

Funny, we were in 8437 last week!

And we were in room 8436 last week!

This was our first stay at BLT and we were so pleasantly surprised. We could see Illuminations in Epcot, plus what I think may have been Fantasmic. We have a family of 5 and the second bathroom made all the difference in the world. I would definitely stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter