Scrapbook Room Storage Cubes

Minnie&Mickey

I want to live at the Fort!
A friend of mine made an incredible scrapbooking room using the Making Memories cubes. Some had two drawers, some 3 or 4, some had shelves, and some were open. She even made an island that sits in the middle of her room that serves as her scrapbooking desk. I loved the idea and want to do something like it in my bonus room. I went to Michaels and they didn't have the Making Memories ones, so I just bought a few of the brand that they were selling. I have already heard from two people that the one Michaels is now selling isn't very good quality...actually they used other words to describe them!!! I went to the Making Memories website and it doesn't even appear that they sell the cubes anymore. Can any of you recommend a good brand that I can use in my scrapbooking room, and tell me where I can find it?
Thanks!

I recently put together a 3 shelf storage cube by simply built that I bought for $10 at big lots. I was actually surprised at how sturdy it was. It also had spots to attch (and the little pins) a number of the cubes on top of each other.

Rebecca

I bought cubes at AC Moore, Micheals and Target. They are made by Jetmax. I used my coupons at AC moore and Michaels and bought a few each week.

Acording to the pictures on the box they make canvas drawers for the ones I bought- I don't know the prices as I weas buying at big lots and they just had shelves there.

Rebecca

Is this like what you are talking about?
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayArticle?articleNum=ae0593
Michael's has Jetmax cubes that you can mix and match. Are these the ones you heard aren't good quality? I have started to buy them with their weekly 40% off coupon. So I am slowly building a scrapbooking area. The Michael's website shows a couple of different ways to set them up. At my store they are $29.00 each.

Is this like what you are talking about?
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayArticle?articleNum=ae0593
Michael's has Jetmax cubes that you can mix and match. Are these the ones you heard aren't good quality? I have started to buy them with their weekly 40% off coupon. So I am slowly building a scrapbooking area. The Michael's website shows a couple of different ways to set them up. At my store they are $29.00 each.

The ones at my Michaels look like these but they are by a company called Simply Built. I asked them at Michaels if I could return what I've bought if I assemble them and think they aren't good quality, and they said only if they could resell them. Now I don't know whether to try to assemble them or not. Do you feel like yours are good quality?

The cube I put together was by Simply Built and it is good quality - I just don't know how well the drawers would hold up.

Rebecca

The cube I put together was by Simply Built and it is good quality - I just don't know how well the drawers would hold up.

Rebecca

I guess I'll give it a try and see what I think. Maybe the ones my friends bought were a different brand that Michaels has gotten rid of. The salesperson I spoke to said that she hasn't had any complaints about them.

I only have the desk top and one style of cubes. It seems sturdy enough for my use. Michael's is out of stock with the 3-drawer cube that I also want. I think I would be able to better test the true quality once I get and assemble the drawer one. They are suppose to get more in on Friday.

The cricut message board has a lot of threads about the Jetmax cubes. Here is one: http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=3408551&mpage=1

Hmmm, this is getting confusing. All of those posts refer to getting the JetMax cubes at Michaels, but that isn't the brand that my Michaels sells. If I go onto the Michaels website and search for storage cubes, they show that they only sell JetMax. Why does my store sell a different brand? I guess that I will open the box tomorrow, and put it together and try it out for a few days. If I think it is poor quality, I guess I will just be out $18 since I used a 40% off coupon.

HOlly - I have seen Targets that caryy the JetMax kind. I lov emine. MAybe you could return the ones you got and find teh JetMaxkind lesewhere?

Well, I just realized how stupid I am. I went to open the box and when I turned it over I noticed that it says Simply Built but above that it says JETMAX! I had a JetMax cube all along and just didn't know it! I'm going to put it together and see what I think of it. Hopefully I will like it because I have a bunch of 40% off coupons that expire at the end of the week!

I have the michael's ones and I have no complaints at all. I love them. I have 12 or 14. They all have drawers -- some 4, some 3 and some 2.

Now that you've had time to build up your storage system, what do you think of it? I've been buying the Simply Built Craft Storage Collection pieces one at a time too by using the Michael's 40% off coupons. In looking at the box, the units appear to be made by a company called Simply Built but distributed by JetMax. They are simple to assemble. I'm just now putting mine to use as I slowly clean out the hobby room, but I don't have any reservations about their function. They look good and their weight alone tells me they will be very sturdy. No one's going to sit on them and craft items don't weigh much. I would put my sewing maching and sergers on the bottom shelves. I was searching the Internet for a website to see the different types of pieces available to better plan my room, but I'm not finding any site so I took a scan of the pictures on the boxes to help me plan. I'm really looking forward to a clean and organized hobby room. Good luck to you too.

So far I love mine! I bought all of them for 40% to 50% off. My daughter and I are going to head to Michaels when they open at 5 today so that she can buy some for her scrapbooking room at 55% off!

Just got back from Ms. Got 5 configurations. Looking forward to putting them together. Figured 55% was a better percentage than their usual 40% :rolleyes1;) That justified it in my head. ;)

Just to let you know- if you look in the bottom corner on the back of the Simply Built boxes, mine say Jet Max. The manager at my ACM told me last night that JetMax makes them.

Bumping to hear more comments about these storage cubes from Michaels....

I've purchased 12 of them over the past several weeks (using coupons, of course). We're moving into a new house in two weeks & I will have my own scrapbooking room. :yay:

I can't wait to set it up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter