Scratch On Digital Viewing Screen

shoes99

DIS Veteran
I have a Sony Mavica CD400 which has a very large window viewing screen.. I was wearing my pin lanyard and I scratched the surface of the window. Its quite a large scratch, 1 inch long, 1/4 inch wide. I have not yet taken it to a camera repair shop. Any suggestions about rubbing out the scratch.

are you talking about the viewing screen on the back of the camera...

MICKEY88 said:
are you talking about the viewing screen on the back of the camera...

Yes, the viewing sceen, which is very large on the Sony Mavica.

I'm not sure about rubbing out the scratch but if you take it and have that piece replaced, you might want to check out 'da protector. When I purchased my Canon RBL XT I knew that the LCD would eventually get scratched up so I invested in 'da protector XT which is made of a hard material that covers both screens on the back of my camera! They also make one that covers the screen on your camera as well and it's fairly cheap so you might want to check them out once you get the screen repaired! they are daproducts.com and if you use their product selector option you can go to Sony as the vendor and select the correct model camera and check the measurements that they have listed for the options. They cost around $6.00 + shipping and handling which isn't bad and the one they have for the REBEL XT is again made of a hard material that is sturdy unlike the other sticker solutions that are out there!

Learic said:
I'm not sure about rubbing out the scratch but if you take it and have that piece replaced, you might want to check out 'da protector. When I purchased my Canon RBL XT I knew that the LCD would eventually get scratched up so I invested in 'da protector XT which is made of a hard material that covers both screens on the back of my camera! They also make one that covers the screen on your camera as well and it's fairly cheap so you might want to check them out once you get the screen repaired! they are daproducts.com and if you use their product selector option you can go to Sony as the vendor and select the correct model camera and check the measurements that they have listed for the options. They cost around $6.00 + shipping and handling which isn't bad and the one they have for the REBEL XT is again made of a hard material that is sturdy unlike the other sticker solutions that are out there!
Thanks, I had purchased a protector for my lens, but didn't think of getting one for the viewing screen.

Another option (after repair) would be to go buy a package of "screen skins" made to protect PDA's from stylus scratches. You can cut them to size and stick them to your LCD. I cover all of my exposed LCDs on my camera with these. I've removed some of them over a year later to replace them, and have seen no visable residue or other marks left behind by their use.

Geoff_M said:
Another option (after repair) would be to go buy a package of "screen skins" made to protect PDA's from stylus scratches. You can cut them to size and stick them to your LCD. I cover all of my exposed LCDs on my camera with these. I've removed some of them over a year later to replace them, and have seen no visable residue or other marks left behind by their use.

They also make these "screen skins" specific for the digital cameras as well but I found the hard material cover is alot better because even though i try not to get too rugged with my camera it tends to happen more often then not! I've had a "screen skin" tear before which isn't a good thing!

I don't use the ones made specifically for cameras, I use a pack made for PalmPilot's. They may be thicker as I've never had one tear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter