SDMT or PP with Be Our Guest PPO?

sk_lou

Earning My Ears
I will be there in a few weeks for work and am squeezing in a day at MK. I have a PPO at BOG for 8:10 and am wondering what y'all's experiences are with rope-dropping SDMT AND PP in this scenario. I would love to do both. How quickly does the queue for PP fill up if I choose to go to SDMT first? I value PP more, but would love to be able to manage SDMT if I feel confident it won't cost me Peter Pan.

Thanks!

You can do both - with one ride on SDMT, you will probably see 15 mins when you get to PP. You do have to move quickly from one to the other.

I’m not sure if it’s still the same, but all PPO breakfast reservations regardless of reservation time can check in and be seated when the restaurant opens at 8am. If you go right away at 8am and pre-order your food online so you do not have to wait for the kiosks that will help get you out and toward the front of the line for SDMT. Our family was able to do a ride on SDMT and then get in the que for Peter Pan. PP did not start operating until after park open but we were one of the first 25-30 people in line.

My understanding is that currently CMs hold you back from getting into line for PP or 7DMT until the park has opened and guests are headed toward the rides.
In the past, a PPO put you at the front of an attraction line as you could get in early.

Thanks, y'all! I think I am going to go for SDMT then hop right over to PP. My first FP is at 10 so I have some time to play with.

You should definitely be able to do both. I did this in early Nov. We were in line for SDMT around 8:45 from BOG and we were probably the third group to ride once SDMT actually opened (they hold you back just outside of the ride entrance). Then as soon as we got off we went straight for PP. PP already had a wait at the point but it was about 15 min so not bad. I was in a group of 6 (2 people almost 70 and 2 6 year olds) so was harder to keep everyone hustling to PP from SDMT. Have fun! Also while you are heading to BOG in the morning definitely take in the sights and enjoy Main Street almost empty. Compared to the afternoon it will seem like no one is around. Our MK PPO day was my favorite day of our trip.

I will be there in a few weeks for work and am squeezing in a day at MK. I have a PPO at BOG for 8:10 and am wondering what y'all's experiences are with rope-dropping SDMT AND PP in this scenario. I would love to do both. How quickly does the queue for PP fill up if I choose to go to SDMT first? I value PP more, but would love to be able to manage SDMT if I feel confident it won't cost me Peter Pan.

Thanks!
As long as 7dmt is up and running on time; we always do it first and then hurry over to pp and usually end up with a 10 min. wait or so. I'd make sure I was out of bog by 845 and in the line and like I said if for some reason it's down or not running; I'll switch and go to pp once i can see the rope drop crowd just so i dont screw up the rest of my morning.

My understanding is that currently CMs hold you back from getting into line for PP or 7DMT until the park has opened and guests are headed toward the rides.
In the past, a PPO put you at the front of an attraction line as you could get in early.
Are you saying the procedure has recently changed and that they're not taking the bog line through the que ahead of the rope droppers? If so, do you know when this changed and the consistency? The opposite has always been our experience and all I've ever read about other than 1 or 2 stories of what seemed to be mistaken/power-trip cms; but that's 1 or 2 reports since bog opened....if somethings changed that would be important to note.

Just noticed you just stated a ppo breakfast, not specifically bog, which is what op is talking about. Were you thinking a different ppo breakfast? - If so, then yes it's been years since you've gained any advantage with any ppo breakfast other than bog, but op was talking about bog.

Or am I mistaken and you've had recent experiences with bog ppo in which their procedures have changed?

Just wanted to say thanks for the input; it was a complete success! Rode SDMT twice before 9:00 and then went to stand by PP to wait for official park opening. I had never seen the PP standby queue before; it’s wonderful!!
Good to know, thx!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter