(Sea)Lions & Gators & Dolphins….Oh, My! A Halloween PTR/TR with a “wild” theme - Oct/Nov '18

OMG! Thanks for not sharing that tidbit during our lunch :sick: always wanted to use that guy.

Waiting for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam! to start. Rain free again today. Hopefully Sunday was it. But this humidity, shouldn't be in the upper 80s or this humid in Nov. Makes me wonder how I'm going to manage Aug next year.

I have embraced and love the mid day break :coffee:

I could never have shared that story while we were all trying to eat lol. That would have been unbelievably cruel, especially when our lunch was so delicious!

From your Facebook pictures, it looks like you've had a lot of fun on the end of your trip. I am so glad! Safe travels home today :goodvibes. May your journey be vomit free! :laughing:

Good grief! What a flight nightmare! I can't imagine how grateful you must have been to get off that airplane...

Ha ha, yes ma'am! We swiftly disembarked and soon as we were able. And our 1st stop was the ladies room so that we could give ourselves a good washing, or at least the best we could in a public bathroom.

Oh my goodness. I work with small children for a living, I raised two of my own, and I am the much older sister to five younger siblings. Children do not gross me out or surprise me .... BUT... the incident you just described would have had me vomiting too. There’s no way I would have survived it . I would have probably put on a parachute and jumped from the plane. Truly. You’re a trooper Gina.

ETA) those socks are awesome . And please tell me you got a new purse out of this deal !

I love my cat sox! It's important to have happy feet when one is traveling lol.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a new purse out of the deal (and that was okay, because thankfully my purse only got hit minimally.....it didnt get drenched, thanks to some quick reflexes our part :rolleyes1.

In fact, the mom and dad never apologized or seemed to even feel badly about the instant at all :confused3. I was really hoping they would give some sort of indication to the in flight crew that they appreciated their help or felt badly about the matter. Nope. They actually seemed more insulted that they had to change the little girl out of her matching outfit that coordinated with that of her sister :sad2:. I will never understand people.

OMG, how long was your flight.......? What a nightmare and certainly the parents had little thought feeding them a ton of rubbish. Remember to take air freshener with you next time, a bucket and rubber gloves!

We once flew over the Grand Canyon in a little plane, as soon as we hit those thermals 1 of the other passengers was constantly sick but managed to be sick in the bag, take a quick photo and then be sick again! I had all on keeping it together and I think we all got off that flight looking rather pale :sad: of course we laugh about it now :laughing:

Glad you look on the positives of that flight and looking forward to your next update. BTW love the cat socks :thumbsup2

You're idea about the rubber gloves is seriously a good 1. I may throw a couple of pairs in 1 of our carry ons on the next trip. If we don't use them, they're not taking up any extra space. It sure wouldn't hurt to have them for airplane emergencies or any other icky situations that may arise.

One thing you guys may not know about me is that I have a love of fun socks :goodvibes. I have all sorts of funky pairs with everything from cats to sheep on them, lol. I really am just a big kid :p. People give me Sonny looks when I take off my shoes, though. I suppose at my age I should grow up but personally I think it's too late now :rotfl:.

Holy Moly!! I'm with Steve- I don't handle those things well! There would have been Pukefest 2 on my part!!:sick: Yes, I would not be mad at the child but yep- Mom & Dad, what were you thinking??? :sad2:

And your purse??? It's a kitty purse?? It was saved?

I love your kitty socks, too!!:thumbsup2

Yes, it was my beloved cat purse that got hit. I have fallen in love with a particular line of purses made by a company called Bungalow 360. They have all sorts of fun animal prints, and I think my next purchase needs to be the sea lions one :blush:. Look them up online, they will bring you a smile for sure. The place that I work at sells them so at least I will get I significant discount when it's time to replace my current model.

Reason #712 that I drive to all of my vacation destinations. If Tony is feeling puky, he can just roll down the window!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I could not help but wonder how this young family fared on their way home. I certainly hope they learned something from the journey to Orlando so that they didn't repeat the disaster on the way back. I was so sad for that little girl, what a terrible experience for her 1st time flying.

Oh my...I knew how this story was was to go as soon as you talked about the family. YIKES!!!! Oh my. I know DH would have be involved in the puke fest. He is a sympathy puker and was NEVER able to help when the kids were little and sick. I have to admit, your story telling had me laughing at my desk :laughing:

I have had the joys of traveling when a little boy had puked just after take off as well. And wow...thank god the cabin crew was good to help and not make the family feel badly about it. This cabin crew was NOT very friendly and made the mom traveling alone with 2 kids feel horrible. I did end up emailing the company to tell them what had happened with specifics including my boarding pass so they could reprimand the crew for their lack of sympathy for this poor mom who was trying to keep her cool. And yes, this was a very young and up and coming canadian airline who many people now travel with. It was the only time I have ever had a problem traveling with this particular airline ( and i have done lots of cross canada flights with them since for work )

I'm just glad you had a more " washable " purse. And not some designer bag that are not very " puke friendly " lol. I sure hope they were able to give you a little reimbursement for having your purse puked on twice. What are the chances!!!!! :scratchin You should have bought a powerball ticket with that luck!

I made a point of messaging Frontier Airlines a couple of days later to put in some very positive feedback for that particular in flight crew. I really wanted the airline to know that they went above and beyond the Call of Duty on that flight, and did so with the utmost of grace and class.

I am glad I was able to bring you a chuckle lol. Honestly, as gross as it was while it was happening, we couldn't help but laugh about it as well. You have to keep a sense of humor about life!

Yay for the start of the TR!! And oh my, what a beginning! I'm glad I wasn't there- I probably would have contributed to the mess

I am pretty sure there were a lot of people on that plane who were glad they were not sitting anywhere near the exit row lol. We actually met up with a few other passengers from our plane in the ladies restroom while we were scrubbing our hands and arms, and they were very sympathetic.

OMG - Thts horrible!! :sick::sick::sick::sick:

On a positive note, the rest of the flight experience was awesome. Super smooth flight, very little turbulence, and a great crew. So we came out on top over all!

I'm sorry I haven't been back to finish off our departure day entries yet. I have been crazy busy at work this week and ended up working late every single day but Wednesday....one of the pitfalls of working for a company whose busiest season is Christmas. We had a special anniversary sale this week that started on Thursday and runs through Sunday, and then have another major event, a VIP evening, next Friday :faint:. So between those 2 events and Thanksgiving/Black Friday, it's poised to be a hectic month. :crazy2:

But, I will try to chip away at this trip report on any days where I can spare a few minutes. You might get some shorter entries over the next few weeks, but I will try to be as consistent as I can. Watch for another update post either later today or tomorrow :goodvibes.

Spending my last day at DHS before catching magical express at 3. Still so humid so the drop to the low 70s still feels like upper 70s or worse. Thankful it's at least fairly cloudy this morning which helps.

And fun socks are fun! I have a pair with doxies for the trip home. Wore umbrella one's here. Looking forward to dec so I can wear t-rex in a santa hat that I got on clearance last year. When converse kept making their shoes more narrow I couldn't keep wearing my white socks because they were too thick so I've spent the last 3+ years buying fun socks.

In fact, the mom and dad never apologized or seemed to even feel badly about the instant at all :confused3. I was really hoping they would give some sort of indication to the in flight crew that they appreciated their help or felt badly about the matter. Nope. They actually seemed more insulted that they had to change the little girl out of her matching outfit that coordinated with that of her sister :sad2:. I will never understand people.

Apparently Mom & Dad are on vacation from parenting as well!! :headache:

I suppose at my age I should grow up but personally I think it's too late now :rotfl:.

Not at all- always have to keep a little bit of kid inside of us!! Makes life so much more fun!!:thumbsup2

Yes, it was my beloved cat purse that got hit. I have fallen in love with a particular line of purses made by a company called Bungalow 360. They have all sorts of fun animal prints, and I think my next purchase needs to be the sea lions one :blush:. Look them up online, they will bring you a smile for sure. The place that I work at sells them so at least I will get I significant discount when it's time to replace my current model.

I'm checking that website out!! I need a cat purse! and more cat socks!!:goodvibes

My mom has a fun sock habit and it’s become a thing for all of her six children to buy her a weird pair whenever we come across them. My brother has even enrolled her in the sock of the month club which sends a fun pair monthly all year long! She has passed the love onto her grandson and Ben’s favourite pair is one I got him at a kiosk at Universals city walk. They have Narwhals battling Unicorns on them. :rotfl:

My mother-in-law is the fun sock wearer in our family. I do have some Christmas kitties, and DH has a Christmas pair with puppies, but MiL could deck out her entire apartment complex floor in unique socks. It’s fun!

Oh my! That is quite the flight to get you to Orlando. I am afraid I would have been in such a panic about “catching” whatever the child had the rest of my trip.....although, rationally, I can definitely see it wasn’t a contagious illness....just a “what were they thinking?” parental (lack of) planning moment gone terribly wrong. The poor airline flight crew...and all of you around them. Why wouldn’t they have at least a few airsickness bags onboard for these emergencies. Seems odd. You always handle the unexpected so well. It definitely gave you quite the travel day story!

Love the photos of you with Dontrushme. You all look like such a fun group to hang out with.

Spending my last day at DHS before catching magical express at 3. Still so humid so the drop to the low 70s still feels like upper 70s or worse. Thankful it's at least fairly cloudy this morning which helps.

And fun socks are fun! I have a pair with doxies for the trip home. Wore umbrella one's here. Looking forward to dec so I can wear t-rex in a santa hat that I got on clearance last year. When converse kept making their shoes more narrow I couldn't keep wearing my white socks because they were too thick so I've spent the last 3+ years buying fun socks.

I hope your trip home went smoothly and free from turbulence. If I remember correctly, your flight to Orlando was quite bumpy. Fingers crossed things were a little calmer on the way back.

I like the thinner feel of the printed socks as well. Probably why I continue to indulge my silly habit of collecting them!

Apparently Mom & Dad are on vacation from parenting as well!! :headache:

Not at all- always have to keep a little bit of kid inside of us!! Makes life so much more fun!!:thumbsup2

I'm checking that website out!! I need a cat purse! and more cat socks!!:goodvibes

I think you can buy the bungalow products on Amazon as well. Worth checking their to compare prices, for sure!

You've got to have Christmas socks too :santa:

You talked me into it! I actually ordered 3 more pairs from Kohls last night, couldn't help myself .... they were on sale :thumbsup2. One is a pair of skiing cats. Perfect for the holiday season!

My mom has a fun sock habit and it’s become a thing for all of her six children to buy her a weird pair whenever we come across them. My brother has even enrolled her in the sock of the month club which sends a fun pair monthly all year long! She has passed the love onto her grandson and Ben’s favourite pair is one I got him at a kiosk at Universals city walk. They have Narwhals battling Unicorns on them. :rotfl:

They sound awesome! I will have to keep my eyes peeled on our next visit to city walk. I haven't seen them there before, but it's been more than a year since we've been to universal. How's that for a good reason to go back? :p

My mother-in-law is the fun sock wearer in our family. I do have some Christmas kitties, and DH has a Christmas pair with puppies, but MiL could deck out her entire apartment complex floor in unique socks. It’s fun!

Oh my! That is quite the flight to get you to Orlando. I am afraid I would have been in such a panic about “catching” whatever the child had the rest of my trip.....although, rationally, I can definitely see it wasn’t a contagious illness....just a “what were they thinking?” parental (lack of) planning moment gone terribly wrong. The poor airline flight crew...and all of you around them. Why wouldn’t they have at least a few airsickness bags onboard for these emergencies. Seems odd. You always handle the unexpected so well. It definitely gave you quite the travel day story!

Love the photos of you with Dontrushme. You all look like such a fun group to hang out with.

Dawn and rich are great people to spend time with. I only wish we got to spend more time with them then we do. We live about 45 minutes apart, and our schedules often don't coincide. But the time we do get together we always have a ton of fun.

I hope your trip home went smoothly and free from turbulence. If I remember correctly, your flight to Orlando was quite bumpy. Fingers crossed things were a little calmer on the way back.

It was a bit bumpy but since I was watching movies and reading it wasn't a big deal. It was also nonstop which helped.

There was a store at DS that had a bunch of socks, I think that's mostly what they sold. I can't remember where it was or the name, so I'm super helpful :) but check it out if it's still there the next time you go. It looked like it wasn't just Disney stuff. I did the free Stitch's great gift hunt while I was shopping Thursday so I walked all over to go to the locations he was in.

It was a bit bumpy but since I was watching movies and reading it wasn't a big deal. It was also nonstop which helped.

There was a store at DS that had a bunch of socks, I think that's mostly what they sold. I can't remember where it was or the name, so I'm super helpful :) but check it out if it's still there the next time you go. It looked like it wasn't just Disney stuff. I did the free Stitch's great gift hunt while I was shopping Thursday so I walked all over to go to the locations he was in.

Stitches great gift hunt? Never heard of it! Tell me more!

I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for the novelty socks at Disney Springs. We pretty much make at least one stop at DS on every trip, so I'll be on the look out!

@afan’s note about DS socks reminds me I just saw a 12 days of Christmas Socks box....like an Advent calendar at Kohl’s last week. They had Mickey / Minnie 90th themed box and a Nightmare Before Christmas themed box of 12 pairs of socks. Cute!

And I want to hear more about the Stitch Hunt, too! :stitch:

Friday, October 26th (still :rolleyes2....I know, I know!! :rolleyes: I'm too long-winded!!)

By the time we had washed up in the ladies room and headed back to baggage claim where the guys were patiently waiting for our suitcases, Dawn's cousin, Kelly, had managed to track down our little group. Kelly had just flown in from New York (how was that for timing?), and Dawn and Rich were staying in her condo while they were in town. So, we got introductions over with while we were waiting for luggage, then once suitcases were in hand we split into 2 groups to make our way to vehicle pick ups and dinner.

Dawn, Rich, and Kelly all headed to the parking area to pick up her car, while we headed to the rental garage to pick up the vehicle we had secured with Alamo. As always, pick up was super quick and smooth since we had done the online check in before our arrival. We were able to go straight to the garage, head to the intermediate SUV aisle, and select any vehicle we wanted from that row. After I quick peek at our choices, we chose a Hyundai Tucson that only had 5000 miles on it and boasted a rather unique color of blue. We intentionally picked that vehicle for the color because we knew it would be a little easier to find in the parking lot of the theme parks..... and several times over the course of the trip we were very thankful for that quick thinking :idea:.

45990996_10157166961186416_7541612304308109312_n.jpg

We had agreed to meet at Sweet Tomatoes in the Crossroads for dinner. Dawn, Rich, and Kelly all made it slightly before we did.....we got caught in a little bit of traffic ...... but they didn't have to wait very long. Dawn had a coupon for 20% off their total purchase, while Steve & I had an Internet coupon that was for 2 adult dinners with to beverages for $25. Sweet Tomatoes is not only healthy and delicious, it is also always a budget win :thumbsup2.

46093253_10157166948226416_311371183201189888_n.jpg

Unfortunately I took very few photos of the meal :confused:. Everything was fresh and delicious and well stocked, and the restaurant was clean and probably busier than we've ever seen it. Kelly was as easy to chat with as Dawn and Rich, so animated conversation flowed freely and honestly I think we all just got caught up in the friendship and fun and no one really took many photos at all :confused3.

46007309_10157166948026416_4398668976419241984_n.jpg

I did manage to remember to take one of my dessert creation. Vacations should always start and end with a sweet treat!

46091040_10157166948111416_7288526704941727744_n.jpg

And as we ALL know, calories don't count on vacation ;) so I indulged without guilt :thumbsup2. I considered it a reward for surviving the Pukefest :rotfl:.

After dinner, we said good bye to our friends and they headed to Kelly's condo in Windsor Hills while we made our way to the Welcome Center at the Vistana to check in.

44869155_10157132460036416_1451952649766174720_n.jpg

Happy faces.....we had arrived, at last! :banana:

46058297_10157166948266416_2095465714235211776_n.jpg

As we walked inside, we noticed a significant group of folks waiting in the regular line and we were super grateful that we had done Diamond Lane check in before our arrival and could skip that long lineup for the empty Diamond Lane red carpet line. As always, we got a few nasty looks and the stink eye from a select group of those waiting in the regular line, especially when we were called up to a guest service agent long before they were :o. Apparently Diamond Lane is still a best kept secret at the resort.....kinda hope it stays that way!

While we had heard from the pre arrival coordinator, Jennifer Bravo, earlier that day confirming that she had received our villa requests and met them all, unfortunately that was not the case when we actually were checked in :sad2:. The guest services agent cheerfully informed us that we had been assigned a lovely GROUND floor villa, and seemed a bit thrown off when I informed her that we had requested a TOP floor location. It took her a couple of phone calls and some patience on our part, but she was able to get our villa reassigned to a 3rd floor unit in Fountains building 22. By this point in the night, it had been a long travel day :faint: and we were just eager to get settled and relax. We thanked the young lady at guest services for her extra efforts, took our keys, and made our way to our villa.

46068215_10157166961236416_2923652451057795072_n.jpg

Heading up to villa number 1423, we open the door to find a lovely, clean, and welcoming home away from home. Everything was just as lovely as we remembered, and we quickly set to work at unpacking our suitcases.

Let me take you for a tour......

The reason why we love that wonderful 3rd floor.....the vaulted ceilings that make a large villa feel even more open and spacious:

44908295_10157132460301416_1947226885108793344_n.jpg

We had a full kitchen:

44846129_10157132460916416_6476045413685133312_n.jpg

A comfy living room with a pull out sofa:

44894441_10157132460091416_1887725314428108800_n.jpg

A large master bedroom with a king sized bed (and direct access to the balcony):

44924183_10157132460516416_165329354400727040_n.jpg

44954242_10157132460576416_7588731578763706368_n.jpg

A master bathroom complete with a spacious shower......

44882439_10157132460746416_6795092906035118080_n.jpg

....as well as a large jacuzzi tub.

44882467_10157132460821416_3466494286722236416_n.jpg

The master bath also has a separate dressing area, which I always claim (so Steve can have the bathroom counter all to himself).

43622214_10157132460666416_8673065101353287680_n.jpg

We had a large second bedroom with two double beds (shame it sits empty!! Oh, how I wish Jake could still join us!):

44895655_10157132460361416_3099326105341919232_n.jpg

.....and a second full bathroom.

44893973_10157132460466416_675290329196265472_n.jpg

There was a roomy dining area with full size table:

44889099_10157132460131416_7296897317028757504_n.jpg

44849646_10157132460196416_6593547734559490048_n.jpg

....and a full screened balcony with four chairs, a round table, and overhead lighting with a ceiling fan. There is also a door off this balcony which leads to a set of back stairs so you can access the walkways at the rear of the building (around the ponds, etc.) without having to walk all the way around.

44936501_10157132460961416_6716919501905985536_n.jpg

A small washer and dryer completed the villa amenities. At 1260 square feet, we had everything we needed for a comfortable vacation and then some!

We hung up our clothes, arranged all of our toiletries in the bathrooms, threw my purse in the laundry :sick:, and then paused for a while in the comfy patio furniture at the lovely view from the balcony :cloud9::

44862255_10157132461046416_827328263054426112_n.jpg

We were HOME. And so happy to be here, despite the wrinkles we encountered along the journey. Suddenly, not a single one of them mattered.

We hopped into our swimwear and headed out to the Fountains hot tubs. A moonlight soak was just what we needed.

45055462_10157141561666416_7623281077376778240_n.jpg

Needless to say, we slept well that first night. And it was a good thing too, because we had a full Saturday planned: tomorrow, we had plans for some truly "jawsome" Florida-style fun.

Gatorland is coming up next!

45023298_10157135887941416_2714982779241627648_n.jpg

@afan’s note about DS socks reminds me I just saw a 12 days of Christmas Socks box....like an Advent calendar at Kohl’s last week. They had Mickey / Minnie 90th themed box and a Nightmare Before Christmas themed box of 12 pairs of socks. Cute!

NO WAY!!! IN WOMEN'S SIZES???

OMG, I'm off to search the Kohl's website as we speak. I just earned myself $20 in Kohl's cash this week, so it would be a shame to see that go to waste! :laughing:

Thanks for the sock tip! :goodvibes You guys are the BEST :hug:.

These are the ones I ordered yesterday......y'all are probably the only ones who will appreciate them :blush::

3266727_Black_Cat

3266727_Unicorn

And perhaps my fave of them all, skiing cats :teeth::

3266727_Skiing_Cat

You have no idea how excited your pictures are making me for our March trip.:sunny:
I haven’t been to Vistana since late 2014, and I had forgotten how pretty it was. We are supposed to be in a Fountains Villa. I’m really hoping we are , and I would just love one of those top floor villas with the vaulted ceilings.
Looking forward to seeing what Gatorland was like. :)

You have no idea how excited your pictures are making me for our March trip.:sunny:
I haven’t been to Vistana since late 2014, and I had forgotten how pretty it was. We are supposed to be in a Fountains Villa. I’m really hoping we are , and I would just love one of those top floor villas with the vaulted ceilings.
Looking forward to seeing what Gatorland was like. :)

I have a ton more photos of SVR to share, so if these ones have you smiling, know that the good ones (or, the ones *I* consider to be "good") are yet to come. It's such a pretty resort I just can't help to have the camera ready as I stroll around.

If you are hoping for a specific area, I'd call the resort with your specific requests a couple of weeks before your arrival just to be sure you have the best chance of getting what you want ::yes::. Fountains definitely has a different feel than Cascades....we find that whole side of the resort to have a much quieter vibe....which will appeal to some and be a drawback for others. I think your crew, being older, would enjoy the Fountains pool more than the Cascades pool (the Cascades pool is wonderful for little folks with the spray fountains and shallower depths, but Fountains ..... in my humble opinion ..... suits older families MUCH better). Plus, Fountains villas are a touch larger than their counterparts in Cascades (with a slightly different layout). And the vaulted ceilings with skylights on the upper floors are just the icing on the cake!

Time is passing by quickly, my friend. March will be here before you know it. Once Christmas is over, its not far off at all!

Stitch's hunt is at DS at mostly Disney owned spots. They tell you what places you have to look for him holding a gift. They are all about a foot tall, flat and harder to find than I eexpected. They're all inside too, so I would ask if I was close and some were more helpful than others. The one at uniqlo is upstairs and they were working on the escalator, it was getting hotter out and I was done with people so I guessed on it. Also didn't find the one at wolfgang express, I think ot eas in the actual line area which isn't smart with a place like that. Most were just up high.

You get a button, nothing exciting. One of the blogs, not the dis, posted it on twitter today. I'll try and find it tomorrow night of I remember. It would have been better if I'd started when I got there instead of on my way out so I did have to go to a few places twice. And it forces you onto the christmas tree trail to find one. The trees just aren't that exciting this year and did I mention the heat and there's no shade on the trail.

It would be fun for kids or adults, I put myself in a spot to not enjoy it as much.

Ooh- I'll have to check it out! I have Kohl's cash that kicks in later this week!:thumbsup2

Gina- your villa is amazing!:thumbsup2 We thought our 1BR villa was very nice, but tiny in comparison to a 2BR.

Loving those socks you bought!! Where are those from? I'm looking to buy my DS's and DS's fiancee some unique socks for Christmas. :)

Can't wait to hear about Gatorland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter