Seaworld/DCove need info please?

Madhead22

Earning My Ears
Family of 4, 3 of which doing dolphin swim , goin to stay at WBC due to awsome price , and basically doing all seaworld this yr on second week of nov. I'm pricing tickets and trying to get info on ways to save on tickets wether im buying direct from Seaword or going with places like undercover torist. Things like securing the date to do dolphin swim and just general tips would be appriciated , it appears that id be saving money if i went with ticket broker as opposed to direct SW , which is hard to believe so im just asking for info , ty in advance.

When you get tickets to Discovery Cove, they also include tickets to Sea World and Aquatica for 14 days anytime surrounding your DC reservation. You can also upgrade to the ultimate package for $25 which adds Busch Gardens for the 14 days, and also includes free parking at SW, Aquatica, and BG - if you are driving and going more than one day to one of these parks, getting at least one ultimate package will save money on parking alone.

I went in Feb with the ultimate package - did DC, 2 days SW, 1 day Aquatica, 1 day BG. Saved $80 on parking via the $25 ultimate package add on - you can't beat that. Plus BG was absolutely awesome with excellent rides and something for everyone to do. An easy day trip to drive to (or, they have a free bus if you don't have a car).

Depending on your dates, you might find DC deals through undercover tourist - sadly I never did find any discounts on my date. Either way, book DC earlier than later as the prices increase as the date approaches.

You cannot secure a dolphin swim time until you arrive that day - they assign times as people check in.

Bring a good camera to get photos of the 3 doing the dolphin swim from the beach / surrounding rocks. If you ask, they'll point you to the best spot to get pictures (it will depend on which area your family is assigned).

Hit the aviary first thing when it opens, as the birds are much more enthusiastic and interactive then. There are 3 rooms to the aviary, and most people dawdle at the first one so if you walk through, you'll have a whole aviary room more or less to yourself for several minutes.

When you get tickets to Discovery Cove, they also include tickets to Sea World and Aquatica for 14 days anytime surrounding your DC reservation. You can also upgrade to the ultimate package for $25 which adds Busch Gardens for the 14 days, and also includes free parking at SW, Aquatica, and BG - if you are driving and going more than one day to one of these parks, getting at least one ultimate package will save money on parking alone.

I went in Feb with the ultimate package - did DC, 2 days SW, 1 day Aquatica, 1 day BG. Saved $80 on parking via the $25 ultimate package add on - you can't beat that. Plus BG was absolutely awesome with excellent rides and something for everyone to do. An easy day trip to drive to (or, they have a free bus if you don't have a car).

Depending on your dates, you might find DC deals through undercover tourist - sadly I never did find any discounts on my date. Either way, book DC earlier than later as the prices increase as the date approaches.

You cannot secure a dolphin swim time until you arrive that day - they assign times as people check in.

Bring a good camera to get photos of the 3 doing the dolphin swim from the beach / surrounding rocks. If you ask, they'll point you to the best spot to get pictures (it will depend on which area your family is assigned).

Hit the aviary first thing when it opens, as the birds are much more enthusiastic and interactive then. There are 3 rooms to the aviary, and most people dawdle at the first one so if you walk through, you'll have a whole aviary room more or less to yourself for several minutes.

Do tickets to Discovery Cove always include tickets to SeaWorld & Aquatica?

That was the case previously. They just changed it. You can now choose from 3 options:
1. The original package, including 14 days admission Sea World and Aquatica.
2. The "ultimate package," with 14 days admission to Sea World, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens and free parking at all three.
3. A new discounted option for Discovery Cove only.

I'm pricing tickets and trying to get info on ways to save on tickets wether im buying direct from Seaword or going with places like undercover torist. Things like securing the date to do dolphin swim and just general tips would be appriciated , it appears that id be saving money if i went with ticket broker as opposed to direct SW , which is hard to believe so im just asking for info , ty in advance.

I am a travel agent and always recommend Undercover Tourist for DC/SW/AQ/BG.. They are the best prices I have found and I even buy from them for my own family vacations. My only suggestion would be to wait until about a month to 6 weeks out until you buy. Prices seem to drop the closer the dates get. If you book months out, you will pay top dollar. SOmetimes they dont drop, but its worth the chance they will

I went last year during spring break and had no issue at all securing my date for the dolphin swim. It is first come first serve reserving the time you will be swimming, but you cant get the time until you show up. I prefer early morning, then Im free to go about my day. I also suggest upon entering the park, you go to the left for your lounge chairs. It is closest to the lazy river and other attractions. Last year I went to the right because we had an early morning dolphin swim. There is not too much more to do on that side of the park, so when we went to the left side around lunch time, all the chairs were taken.

Another tip, even though the park may say they open at 10, they really open about an hour earlier than posted for complimentary breakfast. Also, if you plan to use your phone as a camera underwater, buy the waterproof pouch at Amazon before your trip. The ones there are $25. I now have one from Amazon that is wonderful..paid $5 !

I can honestly say DC is amazing...some of the best days of my life have been spent there. Its so relaxing and beautiful and all inclusive is great! I cant wait to go back next year.

Do tickets to Discovery Cove always include tickets to SeaWorld & Aquatica?
They have for a few years now. Not sure if they will ever stop, but right now, yes.

I am a travel agent and always recommend Undercover Tourist for DC/SW/AQ/BG.. They are the best prices I have found and I even buy from them for my own family vacations. My only suggestion would be to wait until about a month to 6 weeks out until you buy. Prices seem to drop the closer the dates get. If you book months out, you will pay top dollar. SOmetimes they dont drop, but its worth the chance they will

I would disagree with this advice. As a general rule, prices at Discovery Cove INCREASE as inventory decreases. We have gone 7? times now, and our best pricing has ALWAYS been secured months and months out from our travel dates.

OP, Discovery Cove is currently running a Christmas in July sale right now. It would be worth checking out to see if the pricing and dates both work for you.

Another tip, even though the park may say they open at 10, they really open about an hour earlier than posted for complimentary breakfast.

Discovery Cove opens at 7:15 am for check-in and breakfast. The waterways all open at 9 am.

https://discoverycove.com/orlando/park-info/before-your-visit/

They have for a few years now. Not sure if they will ever stop, but right now, yes.

They did stop including the 14 days complimentary admission for a short time this month. They have since reorganized their packages, and are offering various options at different price points (re-introducing the standard package with the 14 day tickets to SeaWorld & Aquatica). See @CAPSLOCK 's post above for a summary.

I would disagree with this advice. As a general rule, prices at Discovery Cove INCREASE as inventory decreases. We have gone 7? times now, and our best pricing has ALWAYS been secured months and months out from our travel dates.

OP, Discovery Cove is currently running a Christmas in July sale right now. It would be worth checking out to see if the pricing and dates both work for you.

Discovery Cove opens at 7:15 am for check-in and breakfast. The waterways all open at 9 am.

https://discoverycove.com/orlando/park-info/before-your-visit/

They did stop including the 14 days complimentary admission for a short time this month. They have since reorganized their packages, and are offering various options at different price points (re-introducing the standard package with the 14 day tickets to SeaWorld & Aquatica). See @CAPSLOCK 's post above for a summary.

I have been 4 times and the prices have always dropped for me, and others who I look for frequently. As for the 10am, it was an example. I wasnt sure the opening time, but knew the park opened earlier. I looked at the opening time on my first visit, arrived approx 15 minutes early ans was surprised to see it was already opened. I just really wanted to tell the OP that opening us usually earlier than the time posted.

I started looking for August in March, the price was $390 when I started looking, its now its $200 for the dolphin swim and 2 park extra on the DC website.

Last edited:

Interesting. My experience was also that the price rose closer to the date. Dramatically when the date was 1-2 weeks out if I recall.

If your date is far in advance, also you can wait for various deals (Black Friday especially). However, all the specials I have seen were discounting more expensive days and not lowering the price of days that were already cheapest.

I started looking for August in March, the price was $390 when I started looking, its now its $200 for the dolphin swim and 2 park extra on the DC website.

Not sure where you're looking but it's listed at high 300s to 400s for all but 2-3 days in August.

I've been planning a DC/SW/BC trip for over a year. The prices have been consistently climbing.

I have to agree with Gina and CAPSLOCK.
They have been regulars at DC and would not steer anyone wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter