Secrets to an Affordable WDW Vacation

hegfam

Mouseketeer
is the book from the www.AffordableDisney.com site. Has anyone paid for this? Is it worth the $29.95 asking price? I am intrigued by the "Strapped for cash? We'll show you how to earn FREE Passes to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando just by surfing the 'Net!" come-on they use. What's the word on this site?

Hi and Welcome hegfam!

I have not read the information at this site, but I have read that it is pretty much a compilation of everything that you can find on this and other DIS Boards. And you can read the DIS for free! :D

We have a Rewards board here that will help you earn free stuff by surfing the Internet. You can earn a lot of money if you're willing to spend the time.

I've learned the most valuable tips for traveling to Disney on these boards, the Dizpins.com boards and Mousesavers.com. All without ever paying an extra penny for the information, and saving myself a bundle when I travel.

In fact, not many may want you to hear this but, I am not too sure that travel agencies and print outs have much to offer you over what you can get for yourself after surfing the Net for a couple of hours!

So, among my favorite tips, here's a few:

1. Book your own trip using discount codes available for specific dates and situations.
2. Stay away from packages, you end up spending at least an extra couple of hundred dollars, unaccounted for!
3. Save your coins and pocket change. Soon you wil have enough for souvenirs.
4. Sell your books, old video games, etc., online (Amazon, etc). You'll make more money than you would otherwise if you just held a tag sale!
5. Get credit cards that offer rewards and travel points.
6. Keep reading the boards! Some new experience or idea will pop up...

I personally don't like the thought of spending hours on the Net clicking all over the place to get points, I value my privacy as a consumer. Some people like it and have the time for it, I guess.

Wanda

I bought several books in years past before I found this site. They were helpful, but you can get all the info they offer & more on this site. I personally wouldn't buy a book now.

Some places you might start with if you haven't visited them already:

http://www.mousesavers.com/index.html - Go to the section titled Free Gift Certificates & they it will explain all the clicking reward programs.

On this site (DIS) go to the Disney Rewards Program boards. So many people have helped me there.

Hope this helps a little.

I do rewards programs myself...I have earned quite a bit of Gc's/DD for our trips!! When we went in December of last year, I had accumulated $250 worth of Disney Dollars and Web certificates to use at Disney! Rewards programs are great if you have about an hour (or less) to spend on the web doing them...most programs only take about 5 or 10 minutes, but it depends on how many you do....You should check out the Disney Rewards Board on the DIS...We are going to Disney in 12 days and I have about $70 in GC's to Target to use and $50 in Rainforest Cafe GC's...all from doing reward programs!! :)

Disney is definitely affordable if you are willing to put some time into it...Definitely read these boards to find out the deals for certain things...do reward programs...they are DEFINITELY worth it...research everything...that is what I do...but most important...have fun while planning your vacation!! :)

Thanks Pete's Mom! We kind of like it here too! :D

I finally broke down and got the book just to see if it was worth it. Save your money if you are only interested in Disney. Funny thing is they have better information for other parks (Sea World, Universal, Cape Caneveral (sorry about spelling), etc.). Info for Disney you get better information here, and, some of what they say is unrealistic in my opinion. Then again, there are others who think it's a great investment, I just don't happen to be one of them.

The info on thse boards and som many of the others mention already have so much more REAL impact on our vacations. I still check out the official/unofficial books from the library because I love to read away from the computer, but they just don't have the stuff the boards do.

I have learned more from this board than any book has ever helped me.

And it's FREE!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter