Security Bag Check?

Backpacks are not banned from the parks. Just plan on the security person needing to look through the bag if it sets off the scanner.
The problem is that Pacsafes have RFDI, lots of little toggle locks (on most zippers), eXomesh under the fabric, and slash resistant straps. Making is seemingly likely to set off detectors. Curious if it will in practice though.

Ugh, I have a feeling I might continually set them off....I have a PacSafe backpack that I use when traveling. It’s got a 360 eXomesh® locking system which is a lightweight stainless steel cage which helps protect against pickpockets & gear thieves. I bought it for my first European vacation and completely fell in love with it. I use it for every vacation now. I guess I’ll soon find out if it becomes a no go at the parks. That would be a huge bummer
Please come back here and let us know what happens!

Wasn't sure where to post this, and searched but couldn't find any recent posts about it. Are you still okay to take a Ziploc bag full of ice into the park, does anyone know?

Hubby's RFID blocking wallet sets them off at Epcot. Inconsistently sets them off at the other parks, so he put it in the clear bag.
Thx for sharing this as I do have a RFID blocking wallet for trips! I also have the sleeves for NEXUS card and credit cards. It’s good to know so I can be better prepared.

MK today had us put all metal objects other than phone and keys in a bin. I told mom no way are we putting our stuff in a bin, so we had to stand to the side and put all our metal stuff in a ziploc she uses to hold her fan. We set that in the bin. They should not be asking people to put their stuff in a bin that others have used. They need to hurry up and install the new scanners.

In preparation for our upcoming trip, could someone share with me how each park is handling the security bag check? Also, how is it handled if taking a monorail from the resort to MK? I have heard of some people having to empty the contents of their bags into a bin and I would prefer to avoid that if possible by pre-bagging items into clear Ziplocs to reduce contamination but I don't want to go to the trouble if the park will not require me to empty the contents.

In preparation for our upcoming trip, could someone share with me how each park is handling the security bag check? Also, how is it handled if taking a monorail from the resort to MK? I have heard of some people having to empty the contents of their bags into a bin and I would prefer to avoid that if possible by pre-bagging items into clear Ziplocs to reduce contamination but I don't want to go to the trouble if the park will not require me to empty the contents.
Merged you to the existing thread

Also, how is it handled if taking a monorail from the resort to MK?

The security check will be before you get on the monorail at the resort. Some of the parks and resorts now have walk though scanners, so bags do not need to be opened at all unless they set off the monitor.

I was hoping for an airport security type of system like Universal uses but you carry your bag with you through the detector. In an 8 day trip I only made it through once without setting the thing off and having to get my bag pawed through. I was given different advice by different cast members of what to remove and apparently some of the sensors at the different parks are newer than others. In general anything aluminum (umbrellas, metal water bottles, cameras, eyeglasses) all has to come out.

I was hoping for an airport security type of system like Universal uses but you carry your bag with you through the detector. In an 8 day trip I only made it through once without setting the thing off and having to get my bag pawed through. I was given different advice by different cast members of what to remove and apparently some of the sensors at the different parks are newer than others. In general anything aluminum (umbrellas, metal water bottles, cameras, eyeglasses) all has to come out.
also take out any external chargers like fuel rods and gimbals.
I have been sent to the check table and the CM hasn't "pawed" through my stuff, they have asked me to remove things from my bag while they look inside

The problem is that Pacsafes have RFDI, lots of little toggle locks (on most zippers), eXomesh under the fabric, and slash resistant straps. Making is seemingly likely to set off detectors. Curious if it will in practice though.
Just got back home today. During the 7 park days my pacsafe set it off every time. I didn’t utilize all the pockets this trip. I used one large clear bag, inserted it into the main compartment and put all my stuff in it. When the scanner set off, all that had to happen was pull out the one large clear bag and off we went. They just flip the clear bag around to visualize everything, easy peasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!