• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seeking recommendations for on-property suite during holidays

Minnies Boy Toy

Keeping an eye out for Mickey....
Been awhile since I have participated on the boards - my daughter are adults now and moved away from Florida so I shamefully have not been to see Minnie in years! It's time to change all that. I have a very specific set of needs in planning for a Disney family vacation just before Christmas- hoping someone could help!

There are 5 of us, all adults. We're visiting over a long weekend just before Christmas, we're hoping for a big suite rather than adjoining rooms. Configuration is awkward - it will be me, my ex (don't ask it's complicated, lol, but suffice to say we are not looking to rekindle our relationship, we just co-parent well), our two daughters and our older daughter's significant other. So we need a flexible suite with two bedrooms - one for my ex and our younger daughter, one for our older daughter and her SO, and I'm fine on a sofa bed or just give me a few pillows and I'll sleep in the bathtub, lol, We want all the magic, so on-property, either with monorail or boat shuttle access to the parks. We'd like to avoid buses. If anyone has any suggestions or warnings about any of the resorts that would be most appreciated!

Post this on the CL thread as well. The lounge drinks and snacks would be nice for this trip but get your wallet out :sunny:

There's a 2 BR CL suite at BWI Dec 19-22 for 3,175 per night + tax. Expensive but the lounge would be so convenient for breakfast and happy hour. You could keep an eye out for discounts but if you need something for that weekend I'd book it now, regardless.

I've seen 2 BR villa prices at the various deluxe resorts for about $1,000 per night less, but you don't get all the food/drink of CL. I think the CL prices are outrageous but for a special trip with a lot of convenience it might be worth it. :wizard:

Last edited:
Post this on the CL thread as well. The lounge drinks and snacks would be nice for this trip but get your wallet out :sunny:

There's a 2 BR CL suite at BWI Dec 19-22 for 3,175 per night + tax. Expensive but the lounge would be so convenient for breakfast and happy hour. You could keep an eye out for discounts but if you need something for that weekend I'd book it now, regardless.

I've seen 2 BR villa prices at the various deluxe resorts for about $1,000 per night less, but you don't get all the food/drink of CL. I think the CL prices are outrageous but for a special trip with a lot of convenience it might be worth it. :wizard:
Thank you! This is helpful. I just called the Swan/Dolphin and they have 2 b/d suites for $1100 per night including the resort fee, and I've stayed there before and I know you can walk or boat to Epcot from there...., so I'm comparing against that baseline. and yes, I'll be booking somewhere soon as I expect things to fill up quick....

Thank you! This is helpful. I just called the Swan/Dolphin and they have 2 b/d suites for $1100 per night including the resort fee, and I've stayed there before and I know you can walk or boat to Epcot from there...., so I'm comparing against that baseline. and yes, I'll be booking somewhere soon as I expect things to fill up quick....
I didn't even look there. You could eat where ever you want and it will still be cheaper!

If looking at any resort that offers 2 bedroom DVC villas, you may want to check out the DVC rental sites too because you can usually get them for much cheaper than the going price. You just have to be sure your plans are firm though because you typically cannot cancel them.

Swan, 2-bedrooms have been our go-to for years during the holiday season as you can, typically, get these suites for substantially less than what you would pay for a WDW 2-bedroom suite or villa. I can almost guarantee that you won't find a 2-bedroom WDW villa at this price (at least one that would fit your criteria) and there is no way a 2-bedroom WDW suite will price similarly as this is about the price of 1 CL deluxe room. If you go this route, and you haven't done so already, I would look into joining the Marriott Bonvoy program as you would rack up a lot of points with a booking of this size.

If you want to price check, WDW resorts that would fit your criteria would be the DVC properties at BC, VGF, BLT, CCV, BRV and RIV, but, again, none of these will come in anywhere near $1100 a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter