Senses Spa jacked up the Rainforest room prices

DIS_MIKE

DCL Commodore
I'm not sure if this has been covered yet but....

I just got back from a 4-night cruise and I wanted to purchase the rainforest room access for the entire cruise like I did the year before. Last year it was around $75 for couples for a 3-day cruise and I thought it was a great deal. This time I paid $144 for the access. It was still worth it, imo but the price nearly doubled. I was expecting to pay maybe $100 because it was a longer cruise.

It's still an exclusive access to the spa and it's never really crowded except for waiting for the jacuzzis to become available, but I wonder how much it will be next year because pretty soon nobody will pay for the access.

What does everyone else think?

How did you pre-pay for access for your entire cruise? All I see when I look on the disney cruiseline website (under gifts and ammenities) is the one day pass for $16.

You are unable to pre-pay on the DCL website for some reason. If you go to the spa on the first day during open house they let you pay for unlimited visits for the entire length of your cruise so you can come and go as you please. I also like to use their showers because they're a lot more roomier than the staterooms.

You are unable to pre-pay on the DCL website for some reason. If you go to the spa on the first day during open house they let you pay for unlimited visits for the entire length of your cruise so you can come and go as you please. I also like to use their showers because they're a lot more roomier than the staterooms.

Just to clarify - for an actual shower ANYONE can use the showers in the LOCKER ROOMS without paying anything.

Other than the optional scrubs, the showers in the Rainforest Room are for relaxation only. Not your "lather up to get clean" basic shower.

Just to clarify - for an actual shower ANYONE can use the showers in the LOCKER ROOMS without paying anything.

Other than the optional scrubs, the showers in the Rainforest Room are for relaxation only. Not your "lather up to get clean" basic shower.

I was talking about the locker room showers. I didn't realize that anyone could use them ...that's good to know as they're stocked with Elemis products.

Just to clarify: the Rainforest room includes the sauna, steam rooms, jacuzzis and the relaxation showers.

It looks like it's cheaper to pay for the day vs buying the entire length package.

Pre-purchase for a day pass is $16 on-line. Anyone know what the cost is once you are on board?

They do sell day passes on board - for $27 with an included scrub. The ones you pre-purchase turn out to be $18 after gratuity.

Interesting. They must have started that since Feb 2015. Or it's on a "pre availability" basis...I think I've heard that before.

Interesting. They must have started that since Feb 2015. Or it's on a "pre availability" basis...I think I've heard that before.
We just got off the Fantasy and the scrubs were not offered anymore on that ship. They said the scrubs had caused a safety issue.

We just got off the Fantasy and the scrubs were not offered anymore on that ship. They said the scrubs had caused a safety issue.

I never got them anyway. Not a fan of them.

We sailed back to back cruises on the Dream Dec 11-14 and Dec 14-18 2015. This is the pricing we had then:

I took a picture of the Rainforest Room length of cruise passes sign in the spa on the first day of each cruise. Here is the info from the signs (first part on both signs is the same; only difference are the pricing lines):

Rainforest

Tropic Showers,
Warm Ceramic Loungers,
Steam Hamam, Warm Sauna,
& Traditional Steam Room

3 Day Singles Cruise Pass - $42
3 Day Singles Deluxe Pass - $69
3 Day Couples Cruise Pass - $75
3 Day Couples Deluxe Pass - $102

====

4 Day Singles Cruise Pass - $56
4 Day Singles Deluxe Pass - $101
4 Day Couples Cruise Pass - $99
4 Day Couples Deluxe Pass - $144

=====

The Deluxe passes include scrubs, the other passes do not. There is an additional 18% automatic gratuity added to the above costs.

=====

OP: did you get a length of cruise pass for one person or the couples pass ??

SW

I wonder if they dropped the price of their length of cruise pass then, since it was a "deluxe" pass which included scrubs, with no option for a cheaper one without the scrubs.

SW

Sounds to me like they ran out of scrubs and blamed it on safety. Disney deflects a lot of stuff to nebulous "safety" claims.

They said the scrubs had caused a safety issue.

I could see it. They make you slippery. Slippery and showers and tile floors are a horrid combo.

Also, they made me seriously overheat. Coating my skin with an oil-based thing and then going into a hot hot room? Augh.

I imagine it was a beast to clean up, too.

I wonder it was something to do with the scrubs and the water filtration system. I worked in a hotel gift shop many moons ago and they discontinued selling some bath products for that reason and also clean up.

Oh bummer. I rather enjoyed them and would taken them back to my room as well. We need a 'scrub watch 2017' update periodically.

Do you happen to remember the prices for a couples length of cruise pass on the Fantasy? I am in planning mode for my upcoming June trip and wanted to set aside that money ahead of time.

I wonder it was something to do with the scrubs and the water filtration system. I worked in a hotel gift shop many moons ago and they discontinued selling some bath products for that reason and also clean up.

If I remember the one time I tried it, they are kinda greasy also, so perhaps a slip hazard as well - especially if people weren't washing them off well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter