Sep Flights Booked for next year + extra sneaky week in May

zippy99

DIS Veteran
So, DH and I got back from our first adult only trip last week. We had already booked to return September 2019 with DD & BF.

As our dates for next year were earlier than this year - we upgraded our 14 day Universal Tickets to annual passes - it cost us £45 each for the 3 park Seasonal Pass (saving us at least £400 on buying tickets again).

At the weekend, we were able to book direct flights from LGW to MCO for just £368 each!!! (3rd September for 14 nights - we'd budgeted £550

So having saved £400 on park tickets and £365 on our flights we decided that with our annual passes to universal we can afford to fly out for a sneaky trip in May.

Much excitement!

That’s excellent! Who are the flights with? We are going next September too but I haven’t seen flight even released yet!

Yea, we were happy. Used them this year and also 2 years ago when we went to Florida. We always travel light so hand luggage only is no problem, and happy to forego airplane food and bring our own. Only slight issue we had this year (which can happen to any airline) was that the schedules are not actually confirmed until a few months beforehand, so the flight times changed. This meant we couldn't get a train down to London on the same day as we were flying so had to stay overnight. We had the option to cancel for a refund but other airlines were more expensive, so booked an overnight hotel for the 4 of us for just over a hundred pounds. Norwegian said they would cover this expense as I wouldn't have had to do that with the original flight time, so now we are just playing the waiting game. Even with the extra overnight stay, was still much cheaper than others.

Your daughters bf must be easy going!!
No chance would I share a room with DGF parents .

Great price though!

At the weekend, we were able to book direct flights from LGW to MCO for just £368 each!!! (3rd September for 14 nights - we'd budgeted £550

:worship:
Thank you very much for posting this. I didn't realise tickets for September 2019 were already on sale. So I checked and I've been able to book a return flight with BA for £368 too!!!!
I have both a Disney (platinum, thanks to a DVC offer) and Universal (seasonal) Annual Pass which are going to expire in mid September, so I didn't have much room with my travel dates: I wanted to book the first two weeks of September to be able to book during DVC low points season but still be able to use my AP. Flight booked 31/8 - 14/9 for £368 seems a very good deal.
I've flown Norwegian this last September and I found it OK. On board entertainment was just ok, not many movies to choose from. But the plane was sparkling new and confortable so I would have used them again if the price was right. But BA with 23kg checked in baggage and food was cheaper than Norwegian even before adding the checked in bag. And take off time was more favorable too, I'll be able to squeeze in a morning in the parks on my last day too.
There's a chance of a sale later on, but how much lower than 368 could it ever be?

So now flights are taken care of, park tickets already paid in the form of APs, hotels will be booked using DVC points (i'll rent some points to offset the dues). Now the worst part: 11 months wait :sad:

Last edited:
Our flights were with BA and inclusive of baggage, food & drink.

I thought it was a great price and withe good flight times too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!