• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 16, 2006 - Special Western 7-Night cruise

I just received all the information for this cruise and am seriously considering it. I actually posted a thread for the May 20, 2006 cruise but I haven't booked either yet. I hate the fact that this September 16 cruise is so far out. Did you already book? What category did you book? I was checking into Category 9. It is about 600.00 cheaper for the four of us to go on 9/16 than the 5/20 cruise. Is Costa Maya better than Grand Cayman?

We booked the same room that we had on the 10-day cruise. Cat 8, deck 6. 10% on-board discount and a $200 room credit.

:blush: :blush: Must admit...when we booked on-board we thought it was for 2005. So now we're looking at something this Fall (Disney, RCCL or Crystal? Decisions! Decisions!)

From what I've read on line Costa Maya is better then Cozumel. I've never been to Cozumel so I've no reference point.

I can't make up my mind on what to do. I want the May 20th cruise because it's a bit closer but I would prefer the 9/16 cruise because it goes to Castaway Cay twice, which was the best port of all in my opinion. Price is a bit cheaper on 9/16 too. Of course we would have to worry about hurricane season and all too

We choose the 09/16 because school would be starting. Wifey and I are DINKs and we don't have to plan around the school year.

Got trip insurance for the hurricane(s). Usually the ships can work around the storms. It's just the flights in and out that worry me since I usually book those on my own.

We booked just after we returned from the 2005 Halloween cruise. We're looking forward to another September cruise-- fewer people, warmer weather, and on this one, 2 stops at Castaway Cay!

It'll be me (Julie), dh (hopefully), dd (she'll be 12) and ds (he'll be 8). We can't wait to see Costa Maya, which I've read great things about too.

Julie

Julie: We have two ds who will be 8 when we cruise in September of 06. Mine are not to keen on going in the clubs. When we cruised last year, they were in the younger club and they really did not like it at all. They spent the whole cruise with us. I'm hoping that they enjoy the lab this time around.

Anna

Anna,
Our ds didn't like the club when he was 5, though he did like it better this year at 6. I don't know if the counselors were different, or the activities were better, but he spent more time and actually asked to go to certain things. We were surprised, because he's not much of a joiner.

Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter