Sept '17 Yacht Club Trip (1 more day, 1 more plan, 1 more hurricane)

JustCor

DIS Veteran
I watched the lady come into the Italian restaurant and sit directly under the A/C vent. She had an obvious chip on her shoulder, and I could see from the scowl on her face that she had an agenda. As if on cue, she motioned the server from our section (Madison, like the city) over to her table to give her a hard time because the restaurant was too cold. Perhaps the temperature was the reason for her icy stare, but I'd wager it was a look that wouldn't thaw regardless of the number on the thermostat. Later, her garlic knots didn't have enough garlic. Later still, the meatballs in her pasta were too small. I empathized with Madison about the situation she was in, and as I pooled together my empathy, I was struck with the wish that the pasta dish that I was eating was being served to me at Trattoria al Forno or Via Napoli. Right now it's a distant vacation that's 169 days away, give or take a handful of hours.

This trip has been in a state of planning for about a month now, and will be the third year in a row that I head to Disney World during (or near) Labor Day to take advantage of ridiculously good rates on a Deluxe Disney resort. I'd like to call it tradition, but three seems more like a streak than a forgone conclusion. It would be easy to jump straight to the Grand Floridian and few would question that decision, and after last years wonderful stay in a terrific room facing the Castle, even I wonder why I didn't just go for a sure thing, but that seems like cutting out some of the adventure. Instead, there's a small world away from the Monorail resorts that's a stone's throw from Epcot and a small hike to Hollywood Studios that now has my name on it. It's an unexplored land that I'll call home for a bit.

These adventures of mine tend to lean heavily on the eating, with some attractions thrown into the mix. They also tend to be solo affairs, though it's sometimes difficult to see how that could be a bad thing. The list of where I'd like to eat continues to grow and I've got a post-it note or three with restaurant names jotted down but unlike other trips, I've got some time to work with. The temptation to sit online and wait for my ADR window to open was growing within me, but in the end it lost out to good old fashioned sleeping. Determination tends to fade in the face of a warm bed and freshly washed sheets and pillowcases, doubly so when the temperatures drop.

My angry lady raised quite the stink and made poor Madison run half a marathon righting all of the wrongs the world had previously bestowed upon her prior to walking into the restaurant door, and I hope that there was a fair shake of pixie dust to straighten out her mood or to pour upon the server. I'll wash away the dinner unpleasantness with some diligent planning. There are nothing but blue skies and kingdoms of magic ahead.

- Corey -
Yacht Club, September 4 - 8

@JustCor
Another!?!?!? I'm almost in pain over how much you get to go. I probably won't be back till March 2018. I'm still having major withdrawals from my Christmas trip.

Looking forward to another one of your witty PTR/TRs

I bought a shiny death machine, and everything this week has revolved around the joys of being back on two wheels. Now that I have a motorcycle again, the eventual thought popped into my head of taking it up to Disney for my trip, because a motorcycle, much like bacon, can be added to anything and make it instantly better right? That's what the internet has taught me at least. A quick think on the actual logistics of such an idea quickly confirmed that, much like bacon, there are plenty of things out there that adding a motorcycle (or bacon) to would probably make worse. A long Disney trip could possibly be that one thing. A quick day trip or maybe an overnighter may work out well. There are plenty of motorcycle spots at each of the parks that tend to be fairly close to the front and only have a few bikes. A backpack can hold a change of clothes, two in a pinch. It could work. But it's just not happening. For a longer trip like this one, all I can think about is where I'm going to stick a week's worth of clothes, where I'm going to safely park it, and how much I'm not going to enjoy the sun and the weather just beating it up for a week. Also, I have awful flashes of terror of little kids playing on it like a toy and getting crushed by the bike when it gets tipped over. What a wonderful un-Disney outcome. The death machine will stay safely tucked away in the garage for this one.

So, how can I properly celebrate my newfound two wheeled freedom? By grabbing an ADR for an all American meal, naturally! I had Liberty Tree Tavern on my agenda for the last trip but ended up changing it. This time, I'm set on eating some Thanksgiving style food and considerable abundance. It kind of helps that I have been craving a substantial influx of turkey meat and stuffing lately. There's no better way to plan a food adventure than to cave in to temporary cravings. All kidding aside, I keep hearing how good Liberty Tree is, so it's time to stop putting it off and give it a go. There seem to be so few good restaurant choices for MK, so I'm hoping this one can become a regular option in the future. Fingers crossed!

Two dinners down. More to come. Motorcycles are fun!

Hi Corey :wave2: Joining in! I also like Deluxe resorts and food :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more!
Deluxe resorts and food are the best parts of Disney! Welcome aboard!

@JustCor
Another!?!?!? I'm almost in pain over how much you get to go. I probably won't be back till March 2018. I'm still having major withdrawals from my Christmas trip.

Looking forward to another one of your witty PTR/TRs
What can I say? I like my Disney vacations!

After each of my previous few trips, I've come to a point where I essentially say something along the lines of "I might as well just eat at the Wave every day", and while it's a little bit of a joke, there's a certain amount of truth to it. I really could do The Wave daily and probably not get tired of it. I think the hardest part is actually trying to figure out if I want to do dinner or breakfast. Both are very good. Both have things that I have really enjoyed on multiple tries. Both are probably going to end up on this trip. It wouldn't surprise me, nor would it disappoint me. Dinner is booked. In keeping with a food first style of planning that I've come to love, now that I have an ADR, I have an idea of how to plan the day. The Wave ADR is at 7:30, which means night time at MK after dinner. I like the idea. Nights tend to be my favorite time for MK anyway.

This trip is missing something. I need something different. I'm looking at all of the "experiences" and trying to figure out which one would best suit this trip. I'm currently stumped. I'm hoping something will pop out and grab me by the throat and demand my attention. I'm not getting that kind of feeling yet. Thankfully, I've got plenty of time to go. 159 days to be precise.

So, we have:
  • Cape May Cafe
  • Liberty Tree Tavern
  • The Wave

I'm hungry just thinking about these meals. More planning to come.

Something is missing.

I think I might have even mentioned that before. Regardless, there's something missing from this trip and I can't quite place it. It feels like food (as many things tend to feel), and it feels like something almost important. I've looked at every restaurant, up and down the list, and come up blank.

I'm struggling on food choices in general. Nothing looks right at the moment. There are a number of restaurants that look good, and a couple that look possible, but nothing is hitting whatever strange spot is itching in my brain. Il Mulino: good, but not right. Trattoria al Forno: possible, but not quite it. Grand Floridian Cafe: interesting, but not magical. Maybe my current lack of hunger is just throwing me off. I have a sneaking suspicion that deep down inside I just want to go back to the Brunch at the Top at the Contemporary and do that again, but I'm not there on a Sunday. I could be there on a Sunday. It would be very easy to adjust my trip back by one day. Or maybe I just add a day. Maybe at the Contemporary. Maybe I treat myself to that. That would be nice. Expensive, sure, but nice none the less. I think I'll wait for that wave of crazy to pass and find something that fits more in line with whatever madness I'm currently experiencing trying to find that thing that might be missing from this trip.

This week's food craving happens to be Eggs Benedict and a big, juicy burger. I actually know where to get the first, though I'm still struggling to find the latter. The Wave serves a very tasty Key Lime Benedict, and if the craving continues, another meal at The Wave will end up on the list. The other is perplexing. I have yet to find a truly great burger at any of the Disney properties. I think the best burger I've had there has been at the AMC Theater at Disney Springs. Again, if the burger craving holds strong (I always crave a good burger!), I think I might do an off-property jaunt to somewhere with a good burger. I've eaten at Teak, which is about 15 minutes away. I'm sure there are other places offering up a good selection. Heck, I'd even be pretty pumped about going to the Fuddruckers just outside of Disney Springs. I do love their burgers quite a bit, and devouring one of their 1lb burgers is a tempting idea. I'd probably be in a food coma shortly afterwards, but it would almost be worth it.

The burger may be the missing piece. It's feeling like a big, juicy, meaty piece of the Disney puzzle. I have some serious research to do.

152 days to go.

This week, Disney dropped some dates for the Not So Scary Halloween Party and, rather surprisingly, one of the dates happens to fall during my trip. Halloween in early September? That seems a bit... odd. I haven't planned out anything for that Thursday yet, and while I gave a little bit of thought to hitting up the party again, it may be a good day to just do some DHS and Epcot stuff, or maybe even take a peek at Pandora if the crowds aren't ridiculous.

My park plans have been exceedingly minimal so far. It's too soon to pick fast passes except to lay down a little mental planning, so my park selections have pretty much fallen into the "I'm eating at this restaurant in this park so it looks like a this park kind of day" categories, but with the exception of Liberty Tree, my meals are at resorts for now, so I only have a Magic Kingdom day that's sort of panning out, and that may be a day with a late start.

The hunt for a good Disney burger is on, and it's not as fruitful as I had hoped. I'm kind of surprised by how few table service restaurants actually serve any kind of buger. It seemed like something that might be a staple. I figured that Disney of all places, would latch on to the idea of each restaurant having their own specialty/themed burger. Grand Floridian Cafe does have a burger topped with lobster that's pretty tasty, and ESPN Zone has a few different options, but beyond that, there are few places offering any, and they're kind of pedestrian in nature if they do have the burger. Unfortunately, those pedestrian offerings seem to all use the same rather flavorless burger patty that's just pressed, frozen, and shipped from somewhere far away. I'll keep preening through the menus to find something, but it's looking rather bleak at the moment.

Let's take a moment and see where we are and where I need to be...
Done so far:
  • Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday meals
  • Basic planning for one or two park days
  • Noted days for MNSSHP
Need to do:
  • Find places to eat for Thursday and Friday
  • Start a list of Fast Passes I'd like to get
  • Check out events and times for potential plans
  • Check the surrounding area for non-Disney ideas

I think that about covers things. In the meantime, I'll probably keep looking at menus, checking the Disney store for potential new Magic Bands, and counting down the days. That's going to be the hardest part.

This week, Disney dropped some dates for the Not So Scary Halloween Party and, rather surprisingly, one of the dates happens to fall during my trip. Halloween in early September? That seems a bit... odd. I haven't planned out anything for that Thursday yet, and while I gave a little bit of thought to hitting up the party again, it may be a good day to just do some DHS and Epcot stuff, or maybe even take a peek at Pandora if the crowds aren't ridiculous.

My park plans have been exceedingly minimal so far. It's too soon to pick fast passes except to lay down a little mental planning, so my park selections have pretty much fallen into the "I'm eating at this restaurant in this park so it looks like a this park kind of day" categories, but with the exception of Liberty Tree, my meals are at resorts for now, so I only have a Magic Kingdom day that's sort of panning out, and that may be a day with a late start.

The hunt for a good Disney burger is on, and it's not as fruitful as I had hoped. I'm kind of surprised by how few table service restaurants actually serve any kind of buger. It seemed like something that might be a staple. I figured that Disney of all places, would latch on to the idea of each restaurant having their own specialty/themed burger. Grand Floridian Cafe does have a burger topped with lobster that's pretty tasty, and ESPN Zone has a few different options, but beyond that, there are few places offering any, and they're kind of pedestrian in nature if they do have the burger. Unfortunately, those pedestrian offerings seem to all use the same rather flavorless burger patty that's just pressed, frozen, and shipped from somewhere far away. I'll keep preening through the menus to find something, but it's looking rather bleak at the moment.

Let's take a moment and see where we are and where I need to be...
Done so far:
  • Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday meals
  • Basic planning for one or two park days
  • Noted days for MNSSHP
Need to do:
  • Find places to eat for Thursday and Friday
  • Start a list of Fast Passes I'd like to get
  • Check out events and times for potential plans
  • Check the surrounding area for non-Disney ideas

I think that about covers things. In the meantime, I'll probably keep looking at menus, checking the Disney store for potential new Magic Bands, and counting down the days. That's going to be the hardest part.

There's always the dark side burger at backlot express. It's topped with pulled pork and on a black bun. I actually wouldn't mine just the pulled pork part, but I liked it!

Sometimes if you want a question asked, all you have to do is yell it into the ether and an answer will spill forth from the void. Google, all seeing and all knowing possessor of all information, heard my plight about finding a good burger and populated the news feed on my phone with an article on the 10 Best Burgers at Disney World. Technology is amazing, isn't it?

I've bookmarked the list and have drilled down to a few contenders, one of which happens to be my beloved Wave. I've been looking for an excuse to go more than once and I think I've found it. It also gives me the opportunity to try the lunch menu at The Wave, which I've surprisingly missed out on. I'm still wishy-washy on whether or not I should book another meal there or just change the time on my current ADR to some time in the lunch hours.

As I looked at the list, I noticed two things that ended up tying together in an unexpected way: 1.) there are quite a few selections from restaurants located at Disney Springs and 2.) I have a very strange and unfounded dislike of the restaurants in Disney Springs, even though I've only eaten at two of the table service places and a few quick service spots. Weird. Whatever it is, as I came to each burger that was listed from an eatery in DS, I'd dismiss it in almost some unusual form of disgust, as if the idea of eating at any of these places was insulting. I have no idea where this came from and I didn't even notice until the third or fourth listing had almost knocked out half of the options by virtue of location. Maybe I should just change up all of my eating plans and hit every spot on the list. Two burgers a day is easily doable, though at $20+ a piece, it's a little outside of my mental budget.

Well, I have some burger answers, which is kind of surprising but nice. Now I need one or two more food ideas. Oh Great Google, send to me more answers!!

It's been a dry Disney spell at the moment, with work consuming a fair amount of time. As of today, though, I'm officially on a vacation that has almost nothing to do with Disney. If it weren't for some last minute suggestions by friends joining me on this small outing, it would be completely Mouse free. Instead, I'll be trying my hand at the majestic game of golf at Disney's Magnolia Golf Course. I've never done proper golfing before. I've hit a few buckets of balls at a driving range, and have play my fair share of putt-putt, but I've never actually stepped on a golf course to play any proper holes. I'm looking forward to giving it a go, and doing it at a Disney course seems a good introduction to things. This outing could have a big impact on my upcoming Disney trip. I've been trying to figure out new things to do for my September trip and have mostly been focused on the food stuff. If this weekends golf outing goes well, I think I may end up throwing golf into my planning. From my (extremely) limited research, it looks like there are four golf courses at Disney. The prices seem to be quite reasonable when compared to the other courses in the area, and they seem to be reviewed pretty well. Maybe I can hit up a course each day and give them all a go. That's thinking a bit grand at the moment, especially without having any golf experience prior to this, but if it's something enjoyable, maybe it's something I can start adding to my Disney trip plans in the future. Have you seen the cost of golf clubs though? That's a heck of a pricey hobby.

As for other plans, I've done very little lately. Liberty Tree Tavern is on the possible toss list. If I had to choose today, I'd cancel the reservation and pick something else. I haven't had the desire to eat any kind of Thanksgiving style food lately, but that could easily change, so I'm not touching that choice yet. I'll give it a little more time and start getting ideas for a potential replacement. I've been keeping an eye on this Pandora stuff at AK and would like to make my way over to check it out, though if it's going to be a crowded mess, maybe I'll hold off until another trip. This is going to be a leisurely kind of thing, rather than a cram everything in kind of trip. Just the way I like it.

There's still quite a bit of days between me and my trip, so there's plenty of time left to plan things out and make changes. It's nice for me, though it doesn't really make for spectacular reading at the moment. I think that'll start changing soon, especially after this week's vacation.

131 days remaining. Updates forthcoming. I need food.

I'm almost pot committed to golf now. I spent the first day of my vacation blowing money like an immature fool. I'm now the owner of golf clubs. And golf balls. And a golf glove. And an extra driver. And some kind of club that is red, and that's about all I know about it, but it's a fine red. If nothing else, this is going to be an expensive one day of golf. I'm hoping that it turns into something that I end up enjoying and wanting to do more of.

I'm pouring over restaurants at the moment trying to see what, if anything, I would like to pick to possibly replace Liberty Tree Tavern. Nothing has been standing out so far, so I'm not in any rush to pull the trigger yet. Maybe something will strike my fancy at some point. In the meantime, I've got figure out what these clubs are good for.

Tkwmtn6.jpg

Alright, an update with a little substance! First, though, an mini-review:

My friends and I met up in Orlando this past weekend for a quick vacation of sorts. We've been doing this for the past three years, and it's become a nice little tradition. This year, we decided to do a bit of golfing. They've done a few rounds of golf in their lives (not a lot), but I've never done anything outside of the driving range and some mini-golf. Since I was in charge of making the plans, I figured we'd check out the Disney courses. I'm kind of numb to Disney pricing. I expect that the cost is going to be more, and the hope is that there's enough added value that it justifies the higher prices. What I wasn't prepared for was getting a really good deal at Disney. Honestly, the price of our 9 holes at Magnolia Golf Course was about the cheapest I came across when looking around the area. I'm sure there are probably golf courses in the area that may be cheaper, but for what we actually got out of the deal, I'm not sure if it would have been a better overall deal.

So, some details: the course was really nice. I'm the absolute worst for judging whether this is a worthy course for more seasoned players, especially since is the first time I've stepped foot on a golf course to actually play. The greens seemed to be well maintained, with a nice mix of elevation and hazards to mix things up. There was a very nice flow to the course, with transitions from hole to hole seeming to be very easy and straight forward. We went in the evening, which was really nice, as there didn't seem to be very many people on the course, so it didn't feel like we were being rushed by anyone behind us playing at a quicker pace, nor were we bumping up to the people in front of us. Though we saw a few golfers on other holes, it truly felt like we were the only ones playing, which I really liked. It let us set our own pace. It was a fantastic experience.

I mentioned that the deal was good, but I'm still kind of surprised by it. We played 9 holes, had two incredibly well equipped carts, a got a beer, hotdog, and chips for $29. I've often spent more than that on a random Disney meal at one of the on-site restaurants. The carts are excellent. They're clean, appeared new or very nearly new, and have integrated GPS that shows distance to the hole, flyovers, and a bunch of other information that I'm sure would be wonderful if I knew what any of it meant. It also allowed for score-keeping right on the GPS unit itself, though we didn't bother using it (or keeping score). The carts also had towels, Disney branded tees (I should I held on to one!), and a cooler filled with ice. They were considerably more than expected. I usually pass on hotdogs at theme parks. They're either awful, terrible, or disgusting. This hot dog was incredibly good. If this is what they're serving elsewhere in the park, I will have to reconsider my stance on theme park hot dogs and eat more of them, though I seem to recall the one at Hollywood Studios that I had some time last year was nowhere near as good as this one. It went quite well with the beer (or soda if you decide to choose that).

The staff, as hoped, were excellent. We had no idea what we were doing to get this whole thing going. We stopped at the bag drop off and they took our golf bags and loaded them up on the carts. After parking the car, we went and did our check-in and did a quick peek around the Pro Shop. I wish I wasn't getting overly anxious about the game itself. I would have liked to pick up a souvenir, but I kept thinking that I was forgetting something important or about to make a huge mistake. Too much worrying! Next time, I'd like to pick up a souvenir or something. They had some really nice stuff, and I'm not one to feel the need to buy souvenirs. When we finished our game and returned the carts, the cast members cleaned the heads of our clubs and unloaded our bags, setting them up at the pick-up spot for quick loading into the car. I've been very impressed with most cast members throughout the parks in the past, but this was next level. This was one of the first times that I really was blown away by service.

I did terrible, by the way. We didn't keep score, and it wouldn't have been pretty if we did. I brought a dozen balls with me, and most of them are sitting at the bottom of a number of water hazards or lost in the woods. Still, I did get a few very nice shots, and we found quite a few lost balls from other people, so I think we made out almost even. Regardless, I had an incredible time. All of us did. It was ridiculously fun. My only regret in the end was that we didn't go for 18 holes, but that's hardly a bad thing. We all agreed that any time we meet up in Orlando, we're going to try and swing in for a round of golf at Disney. I've got a lot of practicing to do for future rounds, and I plan on playing every Disney Course at some point. I may even have to re-evaluate my Annual Passholder level. I didn't go for the top tier this year because I didn't see the need to. I don't really go to water parks, and until this weekend, I've never played golf. I think there's some kind of golf component in the top tier that I'll have to take a look at. It may be worth the extra dollars if it's something that will become a regular thing on my Disney trips and Orlando trips.

Can you tell I was super stoked about this outing? It really was a great time. I can't recommend it highly enough, even if you haven't played golf before. It was incredibly fun, very relaxing, and really not a bad price. There's a morning 9 hole deal they run that replaces the hotdog with a breakfast and I think doesn't have the beer, or there's the evening deal that is about two dollars cheaper. Either way, it was a great way to spend two hours. Not only did I have a lot of fun, but now I have a new hobby to obsess over and something new to add to my Disney planning.

I can't book out any tee times for September yet, but I think I will be doing at least one or two evenings of some kind of golf activity. This has literally changed Disney for me. Things were starting to feel a little... stale. I've considered tapering off my future Disney trips or scaling them way back. Now, I need more! It's not just Disney now, it's Disney Golf too! It feels like I've just unlocked an entirely new Disney park. More planning to come, and it'll probably involve some golf stuff.

Hmm, I seem to have been away longer than I realized. Time to get back to it. So, things have been busy and very un-Disney lately. I think everything has finally begun to settle down, which is quite nice. I decided to take a peek at MDE and see what I was looking at in terms of a timeline. While I'm still a little bit away from being able to do some fast pass selections, it was nice to see that I'm almost under 100 days (102 as of today) until the trip. I'm absolutely looking forward to it, probably more now than any time previous. Since I'm not able to do any fast pass planning, I've been looking at other stuff to do. As mentioned before, I've taken to golf. I may not be good at it in any fashion, but I sure have been having fun playing and practicing at the driving range. I've definitely come to the decision that I will be doing some kind of golf activity while there, and have been gearing up to take advantage of that. I've gone from having nothing to piecing together a nice set of clubs, plus a few other golf accessories. I think that I'll be shooting for one or two evening times of 9 holes.

I've been following the press for Pandora and the Avatar stuff and it loos very interesting. I'm hoping it's not a mob scene by the time my trip comes up and that I'll be able to check it out. I'll be looking at getting a fast pass or two for whatever is in the land and trying some of the foods. I have a feeling it may be a big mess still, though. These new rides seem to hold on to crowds for quite some time.

So, other than just mental planning, nothing much really to report. I'm a bit away from being able to make an selections for anything, so it's going to be a little bit slow going for a bit. I might revisit my food selections and make a few additions or changes. I haven't quite decided if what I have is locked in yet, but so far I'm neither loving or hating what I've got chosen. I'm back to food indecisiveness. New selections possibly coming soon.

I'm ready

Disney talk at work has picked up since school for almost everyone is out. With all of the talk, I've really been itching to go on my trip. I'm 90 some-odd days out and I'm really looking forward to going. I still can't pick any fast passes yet, but I've got an idea of what I would like to do. As much as I'd like to check out Pandora, it sounds like a nightmare busy area, so I think I might just skip Animal Kingdom entirely for this trip. Maybe a January/February trip is in order and will give me a better shot at a less busy area. For now, I'm kind of hoping the draw of a new land will take some of the crowds away from the rest of the park. Fingers crossed, right?

I'd like to go on Toy Story Midway Mania again. I had a lot of fun on that ride when I got to go on it. I think that's going to be on the definite to-do list with a fast pass. I may just do all of the Mountains at Magic Kingdom. I've kind of learned that any time I make any fast pass selections at Epcot, I tend to skip them for one reason or another, so I'll spare my picks for that park and use them at either MK or DHS and work my way over to Epcot from one of those parks. I'm hoping the Express bus is still around for my trip, as I really liked the ease and convenience and empty buses. I think (or maybe just hope) that staying at YC should make it fairly easy to avoid any busy buses. I can always walk into Epcot and take the Express bus to MK and DHS, or just hop on the boat to DHS. The only possible bus mess I may have to deal with will be if I go to Disney Springs. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though.

I'm stoked. I'm absolutely ready for this trip now. I'm ready to relax, ride rides, eat food, people watch, and play some golf. Maybe it was from the people talking Disney, or maybe it's because it finally feels close, but whatever it is, I need this trip to be here ASAP.

Bring on my trip!

The hunt for a good Disney burger is on, and it's not as fruitful as I had hoped. I'm kind of surprised by how few table service restaurants actually serve any kind of burger.

I just found your PTR and thought I'd pop in to say hello! I am travelling down a few weeks before you (72 days to go) and am also taking advantage of the magical deal. Nothing like a deluxe resort at a moderate price! You had mentioned that you are looking for a great burger....even though I am not a burger person myself, my three teenage boys could happily live on burgers! We have had good luck at Sci-Fi for the Boursin burger and the Build-Your-Own Angus Chuck. They also really enjoyed the burgers at the Rose and Crown served with the crispy fried leeks. I have heard great things about D-Luxe burger at Disney Springs as well. Happy trip planning!

I just found your PTR and thought I'd pop in to say hello! I am travelling down a few weeks before you (72 days to go) and am also taking advantage of the magical deal. Nothing like a deluxe resort at a moderate price! You had mentioned that you are looking for a great burger....even though I am not a burger person myself, my three teenage boys could happily live on burgers! We have had good luck at Sci-Fi for the Boursin burger and the Build-Your-Own Angus Chuck. They also really enjoyed the burgers at the Rose and Crown served with the crispy fried leeks. I have heard great things about D-Luxe burger at Disney Springs as well. Happy trip planning!

Welcome aboard! I've been interested in trying Sci-Fi Diner but I always seem to forget about it. For some odd reason I just don't connect food and DHS. I may have to remedy that. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!