Sept 2021 or Jan/Feb 2022

MeganJ

Earning My Ears
We are a family of four. Which dates would be better Sept 12, 2021 (staying 5 days) or sometime in January or February? Crowds, weather, and availability are our concerns.

September is HOT and rainy, but crowds are reasonable. January is much more pleasant, weather-wise, and when I went at the end of January 2020, I didn’t find the crowds to be much different than my September 2017 trip. But with the way the world is now, who knows what it will be like that far out?

Jan/Feb is notorious timing for attraction refurbishments (usually water related rides, i.e Splash Mtn) and others as well. Weather is better, it isn't hurricane season, swimming may be iffy.

In September you've got Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, the heat, weather, etc.

I personally have not been in the Jan/Feb time frame but we are planning to do so when we take all our kids in early 2024. I would research both time frames and see what feels right for your crew. There are many good resources out there.

We are a family of four. Which dates would be better Sept 12, 2021 (staying 5 days) or sometime in January or February? Crowds, weather, and availability are our concerns.
You posted months ago, but I'll chime in on past Jan / Feb travels. We have gone over MLK weekend, it can be busy, but with planning, things always worked out for us. My son has gone swimming every year in January. Can it be chilly, yes. Do we wear layers in the morning, yes. We've been lucky, no super cold days and only occasional rain. February - much warmer than January. We went President's Day weekend, I swore never again. Mardi Gras was happening and half the state of Louisiana was in Orlando! We still had a great time, but everything was busier.

I've never gone in September, but others have mentioned HOT and it is hurricane season. We are from Ohio, so getting out of NE Ohio is January or February, make it an easy choice for me. Happy planning!

We we have done both and prefer September but it is hotter than the surface of the sun. We live in the Midwest so it is usually just as hot as the summer we came from. Feb is dancers dancers dancers which can be annoying and we froze one year and it was great the other year. If you can handle the hot and the threat of Hurricanes September is better for crowds. Food for thought, just went for my birthday Dec 14th and best weather and pretty good crowds. I wish we could go every year in Dec now!

We've also done both and prefer September. My girls said it was "way too cold" to swim in Jan/Feb, but my sister's kids were like fish...

Crowds and availability should be a bit better in September (especially those first couple of weeks after Labor day). But the weather can be very fickle at this time. Heat and humidity will most likely be high, which make for good swimming weather if that is important, but you also have to keep in mind that this is hurricane season. If you plan a September trip, you need to keep the hurricane factor in the back of your mind.

January/February will usually have cooler weather. The crowds and availability will probably be a lighter than peak season, but who really knows with COVID? If swimming is important for this trip, and you don't want to swim in 50 degree weather, I would vote for September.

We just did Jan 2020 and I think we had one, maybe two days in the 60/70's. The rest were 50's and cold. And we're from Wisconsin. Brought lots of layers but still very chilly at night.

I have been in the Dec timeframe between Thanksgiving and Christmas Dec 11-15, and then at the end of Feb between the Festival of the Arts, The Princess Half Marathon, and Mardi Gras Feb 28-Mar 3.

Both times were great for both weather AND crowds! Dec was less crowded though. Weather was Hotter in Feb but it was sweatshirt cool in the early morning and evenings both trips. I loved it.

I hope you don’t mind me adding to the conversation. I am thinking of coming September 2021 as well, but didn’t even think about hurricane season. I suppose we should get insurance for the trip? Does that even cover a hurricane? How bad is Disney in the rain?

I hope you don’t mind me adding to the conversation. I am thinking of coming September 2021 as well, but didn’t even think about hurricane season. I suppose we should get insurance for the trip? Does that even cover a hurricane? How bad is Disney in the rain?
Book through Disney, they are really good about moving your trip because of weather events.
Disney in the rain.. most rides stay open it just stinks standing in the rain waiting for a ride. Wear shoes that dry quickly. I dont mind it cause the locals usually go home so the park will thin out some. Florida rain storms dont last long or come in pockets so they are on and off again.

We have gone in September before and loved it. Still super hot but also quite rainy. This time around we are going in February just because we are hoping covid will be more of a thing of the past by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!