September-17-2018 4-Night Halloween Bahamian Cruise

bohannonb

Earning My Ears
upload_2017-8-31_17-32-22.png
For everyone who is on the Disney Dream sailing September 17, 2018 from Port Canaveral on the Halloween on the High Seas 4 Night Bahamian Cruise.

DCL-Halloween-2013-Logo.png

Purpose of this thread:
*Organize the Fish Extender group
*Answer any questions and share tips you might have about the ship, ports, or cruising in general
*Get really excited for our awesome Disney Cruise!!

Last edited:
DISNEY DREAM 4 NIGHT HALLOWEEN ON THE HIGH SEAS FISH EXTENDER GROUP * SEPTEMBER 17, 2018 SAILING :-)

Welcome to the Meet & Greet and Fish Extender Group for the September 17th - 21st 2018 Disney Dream Cruise! Groups will be 10 cabins per group. If you'd like to join, please post the following information:

-- Cabin # (if you know it already)*** If GTY, please share that it is a GTY room and number to come
-- Family Name
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies
-- Favorite Disney Character
-- Favorite Disney Movie

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

This Group will close August 18th, 2018 (30 days prior to sailing). This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, their gifts.

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person in that cabin or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Monday, September 17th until 4 PM on Thursday, September 20th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of September 21st.

3.Please include a tag with your cabin number on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from. (Ex. From Cabin 1234)

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:

1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number of cabins will be announced after our August 25th sign up deadline.

2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay / Etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search online other places. Some people also get a pocket hanger from Ikea to decorate and make their own.

3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.

4. Scissors / clippers to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.

5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks!!!!!

**Be aware of the policy below** (no social media, no google docs, no email, no PM, no directions to sites etc...)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Hi, Is this for September 17th cruise or the 24th? The first reply Septhasember 24th lower in the post it says September 17th. Just trying to connect with correct group. Thanks

Hi, thanks for starting this thread! It's going to be only my 2nd cruise ever and 1st on DCL. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays so I'm really excited for this cruise. Will be with my daughter, husband, Mom, Dad, BFF and her two girls. I'm a big planner so already have a Pinterest board and have been reading forums. Look forward to chatting with everyone.

DISNEY DREAM 4 NIGHT HALLOWEEN ON THE HIGH SEAS FISH EXTENDER GROUP * SEPTEMBER 17, 2018 SAILING :-)

Welcome to the Meet & Greet and Fish Extender Group for the September 17th - 21st 2018 Disney Dream Cruise! Groups will be 10 cabins per group. If you'd like to join, please post the following information:

-- Cabin # (if you know it already)*** If GTY, please share that it is a GTY room and number to come
-- Family Name
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies
-- Favorite Disney Character
-- Favorite Disney Movie

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

This Group will close August 18th, 2018 (30 days prior to sailing). This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, their gifts.

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person in that cabin or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Monday, September 17th until 4 PM on Thursday, September 20th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of September 21st.

3.Please include a tag with your cabin number on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from. (Ex. From Cabin 1234)

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:

1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number of cabins will be announced after our August 25th sign up deadline.

2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay / Etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search online other places. Some people also get a pocket hanger from Ikea to decorate and make their own.

3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.

4. Scissors / clippers to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.

5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks!!!!!

**Be aware of the policy below** (no social media, no google docs, no email, no PM, no directions to sites etc...)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/[/QUOTE

Cabin #9514
Casey-b adult, Jen-g adult, Makilah-g 13, Damian-b 10, Kam-b 4,
Cruz-b 8 months
-- Favorite Disney Character - Mickey for boys Cinderella/Belle/Minnie for girls
-- Favorite Disney Movie
Wall-e
Up
Beauty and the beast

Hey there. My family and I will be joining you on this cruise. It is our first cruise, ever, and we are all pretty excited! I was wondering about the fish extenders. Do we sign up on a thread like this, or do we have to go somewhere else? I didn't see anyone actually signed up, so I'm a bit confused. It's all really new to me! Thanks!!

Hello group. Is this group actively doing a FE for the september 17 cruise? I am not on facebook so trying to join a group that doesnt have to go through facebook

Hi Nicole I am going to do it through this group and there is one other signed up on there I think I just asked a similar question

Cabin # 6580
-- Burdine Family
-- John (35, Male) Gwen (36, Female) Jonah (4, male)
-- No allergies
-- John (mickey mouse) Gwen (mad hatter, cheshire cat) Jonah (mickey mouse)
-- John (Monsters Inc.) Gwen (alice in wonderland), Jonah (Monsters Inc, Cars, Pooh Bear)

Cabin #: 9570
Family Name: Guyett-Yearsley
Participating: Bess (adult girl at heart, 71), Carita (adult girl at heart, 50)
Special Cruise Celebrations: 50th and 71st Birthday Celebration
Food allergies: scallops and soy
Favorite Disney Character: Bess-Peter Pan & Alice in Wonderland. Carita-Cheshire Cat & Tinker Bell
Favorite Disney Movie: All, love them all

My mom and I are looking forward to this. This will be our first Disney Cruise and our second cruise ever. It’s my 50 birthday and I wanted to do something memorable. It’s just my mom and I, we both love Halloween, so this is the perfect way to celebrate. We want to do everything possible so when I read about the Fish Exchange I knew we had to do it! Any advice for the cruise?

Hi All!
We just snagged a Florida Resident Rate for this sailing and are super excited! It will be our 13th DCL cruise, but my mom is coming with us for her first time! I hope she finds it to be as magical as we always do. I would like to participate in the FE so here is our info:

Mom, Dad, Grandma, and 9 year old daughter.
We love all things Beauty and the Beast. (It will be our first time seeing the show!)
We have no allergies
We are in room 9150 (Port side Aft)
Favorite movie is either B&B or Enchanted

This will be our first FE. I hope I don’t mess it up!

Edit: This board doesn’t seem too active, so I am pulling us from the FE. Thanks anyway. Hope everyone has fun!

Last edited:
I don't see any activity in this thread. If it is moving forward PLEASE REMOVE US FROM THE FE LIST ON THIS THREAD. We are signing up with a group elsewhere.

-- Cabin 9046
-- Schlottman

Last edited:
Hey there. My family and I will be joining you on this cruise. It is our first cruise, ever, and we are all pretty excited! I was wondering about the fish extenders. Do we sign up on a thread like this, or do we have to go somewhere else? I didn't see anyone actually signed up, so I'm a bit confused. It's all really new to me! Thanks!!

Trying to figure that out too. It's our first time and my kids are excited about it but not sure what to do. We are already planned the gifts too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter