September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

I am grateful for... that I'm in a position that I can work from home and that I've adapted to it.
I am looking forward to... rain! We're supposed to get a good amount of rain starting tomorrow, which in normal times would be snuggly fall weather but will also help with the smoke.
What I accomplished yesterday... I only snapped at one person. Really huge accomplishment. I've decided to turn email and SLACK (our primary communication tool) off mid-day so I have some quiet time when I can focus and for the most part it worked yesterday, but then there was a pile on in the afternoon and I almost lost it, but with only one person.
Someone I am grateful for... my immediate boss, who is very supportive and totally understands what's going on.
An amazing thing that happened this week... I'd have to say the kittens, altho the baby has sore front leg that she's favoring so I've been stressed out about it. I talked to the vet yesterday and it sounds like just a kitten thing as she does put weight on it and doesn't flinch if i touch it, but man, I do not need another sick cat right now, please!

I am grateful for a school administration that listens and takes into account what parents say.
I am looking forward to all of the 31 products that I bought to get in. I bought my mom a sigh for her birthday that says Teacher It takes a big heart to shape little minds Established 07/01/1993. The date is the day she signed her first contact. We couldn't find the first day of school that year.
What I have accomplished today.... Well not much so far. I made it into work today. I haven;t been here since August 31st. Also for the week I have continued to get my 60+ minutes a day and 10,000 steps.
Who am I grateful for -- My mom because I know I can talk to her about school stuff and she helps me navigate all of it. Last week I wanted to send a letter to the Administration about there new plan and I had my mom read it and it was bad. Way too much emotion. She also helps me navigate the 504 plan stuff for my daughter.
An amazing thing that has happened this week -- The district has changed there plan for the online school option when kids go back. The kids will now keep their same teachers and schedules they have right now. Even though the kids want to go back we are keeping them home. We just need to see what will happen with the numbers. We are just not ready yet.

5 things I’m grateful for:
My family
My health
My wonderful group of friends
My little house at the beach
Libraries
4 things I’m looking forward to:
Fall weather
A new book by one of my favorite authors
A get together with friends (outside)
A vaccine for this virus!
3 things I accomplished today:
A long walk this morning
Laundry done
Dinner prepped
2 people I’m grateful for
My husband
My sister
1 amazing thing that happened this week:
Friday, Monday and Tuesday my daughter taught her library classes, my son in law worked as a guidance counselor and my grandson learned virtually from our house at the beach. I loved listening in as they worked/learned and was so impressed with how well everything went! And the best part, walks on the beach after lunch!

918CB6D9-FD68-4A26-B327-28AEDEF4735E.jpeg

5 Things I'm grateful for:
A secure job and the ability to work flexibly from home
Low levels of Covid in Australia and my State Government's approach to management
Living within a 10-15 minute drive of the beach
My teenagers who aren't too crazy :rotfl:
Spring weather
4 Things I'm looking forward to:
A Payrise with backpay next month
Spring vacation next week
Walking on the beach this afternoon
The end of the year and 5 weeks vacation :thumbsup2
3 Things I accomplished today
A beach walk in the sunshine
Cooked dinner
Lots of little work tasks
2 People I'm grateful for:
My Kids
My Parents
1 Amazing thing happened this week:
Twins finished for the school term on Wednesday afternoon after 2 days of 4 exams - they really committed to study for it all and studied with friends as well - So glad it is over for a few weeks of Spring Break - It is the calm before the storm - when they go back even though they will still be year 11 they start their year 12 units of work that count towards their ATAR score outcomes which are used for ranking for University Entry.

I am grateful for... a package of wipes that I forgot I ordered coming in the mail today. Of course, they weren’t exactly what I expected...
(Yes, that is a soup can for size reference. 🤣)

I am looking forward to...
The end of the pandemic!!

What I accomplished today...
Managing to calm down after wanting to drop out of the virtual learning platform and just homeschool from scratch after only four days.

Someone I am grateful for...DH, who listed patiently to my “overwhelmed list” when I came home, and is currently picking up take-out.

An amazing thing that happened this week...
We got the pool closed and the shed switched over.

Lots of good woohoo's and thankfuls this week, so happy to hear back-to-school is going well for most. Now it's on to:

FRIDAY FREE FOR ALL

How has the week gone for you, what are you plans for the weekend, what are you cooking?

So yesterday I just couldn’t get the technology to work the way I wanted it to. But I figured ways around it. But I stayed at school late because I like to have the next week planned and prepped before I leave for the weekend. And I wasn’t even close and knew I wouldn’t have enough time today to do it all. There is still plenty to do, but staying yesterday helped a lot! But that meant my husband was the one picking the kids up from practice and picking up the mums for a baseball fundraisier and delivering them to my parents and siblings. And then dinner was takeout. So twice this week, my dinner didn’t follow the meal plan. But I did put husband and daughter in charge of dinners for the week, so at least I wasn’t the one having to cook or pick up the food, which is very nice. I think my daughter wants to make a chicken stir fry this weekend. I’m not sure what else she has planned. I was hoping maybe my husband would grill a little too. And my kids are starting their first job on Saturday. They both got hired at the grocery store. My son is store front (carts, bagging, etc) and my daughter is in the bakery. Other than that, I hope to relax this weekend ad make no other plans ;)

Late as usual these days...

5 things I'm grateful for:
The relationship with my Nephew, his wife, Great Niece & Nephew
My well being
My safe home
My backyard sanctuary
Beaches

4 things I'm looking forward to:

An effective vaccine without side effects
Being able to live my life as I choose without fear of contracting Covid 19
Being settled and competent in my new position
My DD finding her career and Person

3 things I accomplished today (I'll go with yesterday):

Important assignments at school
A good night's sleep
I gave my soon-to-be kindergarten students the gift of Disney masks (I'm definitely trying to butter them up.)

2 people I'm grateful for:

Daughter
Husband

1 amazing thing that happened this week:

The air conditioning was repaired, and my classroom went from 92 degrees to 68 degrees.

I am happy to be home today.

I'm taking a personal day in order to complete the 7 hour Dibels training. Under normal circumstances, arrangements would have been made for me to take a professional day, but that would have meant being in school, in a small room (not currently available), and wearing my mask.

Instead, I'm home, in my nightgown, and I will not have to put a mask back on until Monday morning at 8:00am.

Looking forward to the weekend...

Air quality is vastly improved, there is rain expected this evening and overnight which should clear the remainder of the smoke away. I made it thru the week, altho it was challenging trying to drive two separate test efforts and keep up with everything else and learn new things. Phew. I had my acupuncture appointment yesterday and asked her to do a couple points for stress and it seems to have helped, I slept soundly last night and even got up early.

This has been another sugary Starbucks week, so I need to fight to get back on track. My toe/foot is almost back to normal, so I'll be able to start walking again, which is badly needed to burn calories and to burn stress.

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing my country loop drive but backwards, so I can stop for some shopping. The new plates I got are already starting to chip, so I'm going to Crate and Barrel to get some of quality. Other than that, weekend plans are to get more stuff out of the house and possibly do some work in the yard, if it dries out. If not, there are plenty of in doors chores to do... as always.

Last edited:
This weekend we are keeping it low key. It was the first week of school every day and I think we are all a bit tired. I am making peanut butter cookies with peanut butter cup in them with my son. I won't eat any of these as I don't like them. So I am goof there. These are DS's favorite and he wants to make them with me. On Sunday DH will be smoking a pork butt and 2 turkey breasts. So we will have pulled pork and turkey to eat during the football games on Sunday and then left overs for the week. Sunday will be fun because we don't have to watch our home team. They played last night and we finally won. It's the Browns so I don't see many more wins. But on Sunday we will watch the Red Zone channel so we will be able to see a bit of every game. It is more of the highlights of each game so we miss all the boring stuff that happens.

This weekend we are keeping it low key. It was the first week of school every day and I think we are all a bit tired. I am making peanut butter cookies with peanut butter cup in them with my son. I won't eat any of these as I don't like them. So I am goof there. These are DS's favorite and he wants to make them with me. On Sunday DH will be smoking a pork butt and 2 turkey breasts. So we will have pulled pork and turkey to eat during the football games on Sunday and then left overs for the week. Sunday will be fun because we don't have to watch our home team. They played last night and we finally won. It's the Browns so I don't see many more wins. But on Sunday we will watch the Red Zone channel so we will be able to see a bit of every game. It is more of the highlights of each game so we miss all the boring stuff that happens.
I'm rather excited that the Seahawks game is Sunday evening this week, the early weekend games always seem to cut in to the weekend but Sunday evening wraps things up nicely.

My husband’s brother and his wife are here this weekend (they have a place around the corner from us). My sister in law and I already took our 2 mile walk and the guys are putting together our new bedroom furniture.
Will do some shopping and have dinner at their place. Weather is not too bad-some sun and getting cooler.

So I got this silly toy for my babe at the thrift store to help with tummy time. It’s this little bunny that dances and it has a mode that will record your voice and then sing what you say back and dances. We got 5 min straight of tummy time with it. And as a bonus, I find it to be very entertaining lol. I’ve been on WW for the week now and it’s still adjusting to the hunger. I didn’t shop well last week so I made a game plan to make next week better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts