*September 2019 Check-In*

Ah, home sweet home. It was a fun trip, but the flight home was a flight from hell with a kid that wouldn't stop screaming the whole flight plus all of the delays. But it was an awesome trip to Disneyland

Yesterday was our second day. Parks are busy, but we’ve gotten everything done with Maxpass. We’ve gotten 6-7 fast passes a
Day- afternoon stacking is great- got to DCA last night with RSR, Gotg, Soarin and Incredicoasters fast passes waiting. Hitting Star Wars today. Saw original WOC last night and LOVED it- had only seen the 60th anniversary version. Today is our last full day.

We made it! Hit DTD last night and will be going to the beach this morning. Then it’s OBB tonight!!! We are staying at Desert Inn and Suites for the first time and it’s not bad other than they put a hold on my credit card three times rather than just once. Not a huge deal but annoying.

We are home from a magical trip. We rode just about everything, ate just about everything, and sighed happy sighs as we walked out of the parks yesterday. We did upgrade to the Flex Pass on Saturday and used it first time on Sunday. Worked perfectly. Now I am trying to figure out how soon I can get us back there. Our check-in at the DLH was seamless and we got to stay in the Adventure tower which I really like. Our first three days the parks were easy breezy. Short wait times and lots of space to navigate. It got pretty busy on Friday, and Saturday was full. We did Oogie Boogie on the 26th and had a great experience. We avoided any merch and I think that saved us some drama. Apparently that night it got a little nuts. The immersive treat trails were great. Maleficent was amazing. My little had on her own horns and Maleficent made a comment on how they had grown in nicely. My daughter was over the moon that she'd noticed her. Magic! We had dinner at Lamplight one night, and the food and ambiance were great, the service not so much. They asked at check-in if we were celebrating anything and I told them a birthday. Then the server also asked. Then nothing happened. Why ask if you're not going to do anything? And we waited almost 40 min to get our bill after we'd finished eating. It wasn't too busy so I'm not sure what was going on. It was a little disappointing. Thankfully a few days prior at Cafe Orleans our server noticed our birthday button and brought out a beignet and candle. It was perfect!

Overall a fantastic trip. My little had the most amazing birthday and even my grumpy husband had a good time. HyperSpace Mountain was a hit!

Now to figure out when DD and I can return. She's a DL pro in the making. She's even got the lingo down. "Mom have you got our fastpass ready?"

We are headed home from a 3.5 day trip 9/27-9/30. Parks were busy, but we got everything done. Having knowledge of attraction popularity and having Maxpass made our time much more productive (first time Maxpass user & in love!). We also loved mobile ordering- it was shocking how seamless and fast it was. First time to Cafe Orleans- WOW- it was the best meal we had!! Hitting the 7am extra magic hours each day has us dragging as we head home, but we were able to get so much done in that hour, so it was worth it. Thanks disboarders for all of the insights- made for a great trip!

We are home from our quick trip. We hit up Huntington Beach and did OBB on 9/29 then had park hoppers yesterday. We stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites for the first time and really liked it. The room was spacious and the price was right. Breakfast wasn’t great so I’d suggest making other plans for that. I had the BEST meal at Cocina Cucamonga on the Wharf. The bowl with chicken was fantastic, best meal I’ve had at the parks. Mobile ordering worked great and of course MP was fabulous. Yesterday was a bit more crowded then I had anticipated but we got to do everything we wanted by getting to the park at opening and using MP. One thing we noticed is that the wait times listed in the app are way higher than the actual wait time. Pirates listed a 35 minute wait time and was actually only 15-20, we noticed this on quite a few rides. I got the most wet I’ve ever been on Splash and Grizzly! I was drenched! It was a great trip overall but there were a few things I wish management would work on. The first is entry into the park. We got to the gates a little later than I wanted due to some slow moving teens and it took FOREVER to get through. I wish they had lines dedicated to those who need a picture taken and in those lines they have someone going through the line and scanning tickets and taking pictures before the turnstiles open. I also wish there was a better way to scan in when redeeming a FP. Those lines took longer than the actual ride line!

Our trip ended on Tuesday, but finally found a minute to get on DIS. Friday was our arrival day, checked into GCV, we splurged on a 2 bedroom, but invited friends, so we filled the place. 9 of us, but we were comfortable. Headed to DD for some pizza at Naples, everyone enjoyed. Saturday was our DL day, and it was quite crowded, but maxpass was our friend, and we did most of the FP rides, plus MFSR. Had reservations at Oga's, which was alot of fun. Dinner at Carnation Cafe, and then watched some of MSEP. Sunday was a bit less crowded and way less humidity, in fact for the next 3 days the weather was perfect. Went to DCA until party time and then headed over to DL for BB F! package, which was a great treat, loved the viewing area for F! and then we stayed put for fireworks. I hadn't realized that they do projections in that spot, so that was a nice surprise. Monday, we park hopped all day, and found DL more crowded than Sunday night, maybe because of the end of MSEP, not quite sure. Tuesday was a resort pool day, and a chance to slow down a bit. Overall, a great trip, with no major mishaps and tons of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter