September 2019 Trip Booking Question

DoryGirl1963

DIS Veteran
So we've decided to do Universal for our vacation this year ::yes::! We're WDW veterans but have only done a couple of day trips to UOR. Now we have UO APs, too (both preferred.) Our dates are 9/22-9/27/19. I want to book a poolside exterior entry family suite at Cabana Bay. I was going to wait on discounts BUT I know HHN is going on then. How quickly do rooms book up around then? Better to play it safe & lock in a room now? TIA!

Lock in the room now (room only, no package). Then if you do find an AP rate, you can switch at that time and get a full refund of your 1 night deposit.

I always book ASAP. I booked RPR for September last month and last I checked the rate has gone up $20 per night.

Do standard rooms typically sell out first for people staying for the HHN?
We want to book 5 nights at HRH but in a Deluxe or Club King, we're holding out for APH rates. But should I book now? I was thinking that these rooms wouldn't sell out as quickly. Looking at Sept 3-8 2019

ps - sorry for the hijack but my question is pretty much the same as yours OP

Do standard rooms typically sell out first for people staying for the HHN?
We want to book 5 nights at HRH but in a Deluxe or Club King, we're holding out for APH rates. But should I book now? I was thinking that these rooms wouldn't sell out as quickly. Looking at Sept 3-8 2019

ps - sorry for the hijack but my question is pretty much the same as yours OP

Think the general advice would be book now and wait to see if get a better rate... Know I was thinking of a 4 day trip beginning of last NOV and the HHN was still going on.. .there was very little to no availability at any of the deluxes at that time, although it was a school holiday week for a lot of people.

Think the general advice would be book now and wait to see if get a better rate... Know I was thinking of a 4 day trip beginning of last NOV and the HHN was still going on.. .there was very little to no availability at any of the deluxes at that time, although it was a school holiday week for a lot of people.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I could go ahead and book and then change it when the time comes.

We went to Universal about that same time last year. It was a last minute trip and we were able to get the AP discount for HRH two days before we were going. We only paid $214 a night. I was so excited to see there were still AP discount rooms left. I would book what you want now, but keep checking as your trip gets closer because there should be cheaper rooms available.

Just booked our room at CBBR :) I'll for sure keep stalking for any discounts but I'm OK with the SMSM rate if none materialize. Thanks for the advice!

Just booked our room at CBBR :) I'll for sure keep stalking for any discounts but I'm OK with the SMSM rate if none materialize. Thanks for the advice!

Congrats on getting your room sorted...……

Yep, keep checking, you never know...….::yes::

So we've decided to do Universal for our vacation this year ::yes::! We're WDW veterans but have only done a couple of day trips to UOR. Now we have UO APs, too (both preferred.) Our dates are 9/22-9/27/19. I want to book a poolside exterior entry family suite at Cabana Bay. I was going to wait on discounts BUT I know HHN is going on then. How quickly do rooms book up around then? Better to play it safe & lock in a room now? TIA!

Book soon when you see a price you can live with.
This year HHN dates have been increased.

Not sure if your September dates will fill the hotel rooms.
Last year it was possible to get reasonable room costs for the week days.

Prices eventually increase as the hotel starts filling up dates

Many book for a time period that includes some hhn dates.
Weekends for the hotels will fill up faster than weekdays

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter