September 2020 car rental watch

Had $100 drop for my rental 9/23-9/28 thru Costco on Friday through Budget. Rechecked this AM (Sat) and Alamo had a Intermediate SUV for the same price at $207. I ALWAYS prefer Alamo out of MCO.

Last edited:

My SUV dropped a whole $2 today. lol I'm just gonna leave it for now. (my parents dropped out of the trip so we switched from a mini van to an SUV).

Prices are still crazy expensive. Between the rental car and parking at the resort it might be cheaper to go with a private car or Uber

Prices keep dropping and probably will continue to do so, so keep checking. I have 2-9 day ressies with Budget through Costco. One is for a standard car for $249 and the other is for an intermediate SUV for $278. If the price difference remains within $30, I'll go SUV.

my 5 night ressie with Alamo for Labor Day week is now $175 for a compact. Not great but I feel better not having to use the busses.

We just sep up a trip in mid September to replace a Disneyland trip. While I originally wasn’t going to rent a car, the thread on DME and the drop in park hours made me reconsider. I didn’t want to spend an hour+ to get to/from the parks each day. My rental started at $211 through Alamo and is now down to $189 for a standard car. While Budget has cheaper rentals, I’ve never liked their toll policy of charging the flat fee for every day of your rental (only expect 2 days of tolls). I’m currently happy with my rate, but will keep checking on it.

We just sep up a trip in mid September to replace a Disneyland trip. While I originally wasn’t going to rent a car, the thread on DME and the drop in park hours made me reconsider. I didn’t want to spend an hour+ to get to/from the parks each day.
Exactly my thoughts. I've never rented a car for a solo trip. Booked Enterprise through Delta (to get the airline points) 2 weeks ago for $340 (standard size 1 week) and just yesterday saw it at $275. It's $12 less than that on the website.

Exactly my thoughts. I've never rented a car for a solo trip. Booked Enterprise through Delta (to get the airline points) 2 weeks ago for $340 (standard size 1 week) and just yesterday saw it at $275. It's $12 less than that on the website.
I like your ticker! "...days until an unusual adventure"

I usually pick up my Alamo car at car Care Center and return it at the airport which is always been cheaper than renting at airport and return to airport but for the last two weeks or so to go car care center to airport it’s been over $600 for a full size. 9/12 to 9/18. Renting at MCO and return to MCO got a full size for $238 with Alamo for 9/11 to 9/18

I usually pick up my Alamo car at car Care Center and return it at the airport which is always been cheaper than renting at airport and return to airport but for the last two weeks or so to go car care center to airport it’s been over $600 for a full size. 9/12 to 9/18. Renting at MCO and return to MCO got a full size for $238 with Alamo for 9/11 to 9/18
In the past you’d start to see potential price drops 3 - 4 weeks out.

It’s at the point anything with the reputable vendors under $200 is ‘a deal’ SMH.

Just checked with Costco and was able to rent a Standard size vehicle with Alamo for $236! Better deal than my AP discount. Canceled my other reservation which was $276. Hoping to find them drop to under $200.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!