September 2020 Trip Reports

Woooohoooooooo!!! I won the lottery (well not really but almost.) Happened to be in my office doing work and thought I'd check Fort availability again. All site types became available for this weekend!!! We'll leave here Friday after the DW gets off and just spend some time at the Fort. So excited!

You folks got some pixie dust your way today, that's for sure. :tinker: Congrats! Bama Ed

Anything anyone needs me to research or take pictures of at the Fort while I'm there this weekend? This will strictly be a Fort stay so I'll have time. We may hit up DS at some point but that's it.

If you take the bus to WL, a scouting report of the exercise trail please? See if it needs any "work" to be opened. I know Bama Ed is going to provide an update in October but if you find out anything, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We made it. We’re in site 1103. I’ll have to report in the morning on how full it is but guessing totally full.

@bama_ed, you missed a show during back in tonight.:chat:

Arc, you and DW got backed in and that's all that matters.

I looked at the Reflections construction drawings (lots of them) and Google Earth pics last night and I fear for our excercise trail to Wilderness Lodge. From the GE pics the trail past the new horse barn/road looks wide and brown which means construction/earth moving. The Reflec drawings show the trail as a utility corridor for Reflec (more utilities than were already under it).

So my guess is the pavement for the old trail has been taken up as it runs parallel to Wilderness Way (the road between the Settlement bus depot and WL). The construction drawings show additional utilities being placed for Reflec and ultimately the trail is to be repaved in the future. I may pull all this info with pictures into its own thread this weekend.

So we might get the Exercise Trail to WL back someday but not any time soon, I'm afraid. I doubt the new paving has taken place yet but your recon might clear that up.

Bama Ed

PS - in an early part of my career I worked on the construction side of a utility company. Sidewalks and paved trails were excellent corridors for underground utilities as opposed to under a road or on its shoulder near the right-of-way edge. Off to the side, not very deep to tear up, easy to replace when it was done. Less cars and traffic issues to deal with.

Ok, I think the biggest piece of news (unless I totally missed it before) is that P & J’s has mobile ordering now.
Once you order the app tells you to stay outside until it notifies you that your food is ready:

Mask compliance this trip (just 2 weeks from last time I was here) is definitely lower than before. I only provide this for informational purposes, not a mask debate.

Remembered our signs this trip:

Not nearly enough buses running on the internal loop (they are also not in a magical mood). @bama_ed, the busses running to Wilderness Lodge have said it on the front this time around and have been plentiful.

Arc, you and DW got backed in and that's all that matters.

I looked at the Reflections construction drawings (lots of them) and Google Earth pics last night and I fear for our excercise trail to Wilderness Lodge. From the GE pics the trail past the new horse barn/road looks wide and brown which means construction/earth moving. The Reflec drawings show the trail as a utility corridor for Reflec (more utilities than were already under it).

So my guess is the pavement for the old trail has been taken up as it runs parallel to Wilderness Way (the road between the Settlement bus depot and WL). The construction drawings show additional utilities being placed for Reflec and ultimately the trail is to be repaved in the future. I may pull all this info with pictures into its own thread this weekend.

So we might get the Exercise Trail to WL back someday but not any time soon, I'm afraid. I doubt the new paving has taken place yet but your recon might clear that up.

Bama Ed

PS - in an early part of my career I worked on the construction side of a utility company. Sidewalks and paved trails were excellent corridors for underground utilities as opposed to under a road or on its shoulder near the right-of-way edge. Off to the side, not very deep to tear up, easy to replace when it was done. Less cars and traffic issues to deal with.
I look forward to your analysis and any pictures we may get from Arc. It makes me sad.

Headed over to Wilderness Lodge to visit Geyser Point of course. Josh that works there is awesome. Great service!!

The Fort is packed. All four parks were at capacity today with no reservations available. Public areas at the Fort, mask compliance is pretty low. Stores are enforcing it but outside of that:confused3 Bus drivers this evening were much more friendly.

Lots of wild turkeys around. Saw one deer. No squirrels yet @tiggerdad
5BF95895-8BAC-4B18-8526-A5519B228F81.jpeg

See anything from the bus window re: the Exercise Trail from Settlement Depot to Wilderness Lodge? I expect the ET to be torn up/dirt based on satellite pix from March 2020. Don't think they would have repaved it this quickly.

Especially from the end of the new road/walk by the new TCD headed in the direction of WL.

Oh, me jelly too. :crazy: Keep the pix coming.

Ed

See anything from the bus window re: the Exercise Trail from Settlement Depot to Wilderness Lodge? I expect the ET to be torn up/dirt based on satellite pix from March 2020. Don't think they would have repaved it this quickly.

Especially from the end of the new road/walk by the new TCD headed in the direction of WL.

Oh, me jelly too. :crazy: Keep the pix coming.

Ed
Ok, so I had never taken said trail but the entire area is pretty torn up. I am 90% sure that part of the bus route, nearest to Wilderness Lodge, is actually a portion of the old walking trail. It’s super narrow and looks very much like what I would expect a walking trail to be. We will have a golf cart tomorrow so I plan on more investigating.

All I can say is, if mask compliance is a concern for you, Disney Springs isn’t the place to be. Lots walking around with their masks down while “drinking” or not on at all. (Again just providing for information, not the mask debate.)

Also witnessed someone getting questioned by the Sheriff’s Office and based on their hand signals it appeared the person they were questioning had a weapon in their waistline. So that was “exciting.“

Last edited:
We had an early dinner at Chef Art Smith’s. As usual, didn’t disappoint! I had the pulled pork and DW had the chicken sandwich. I had plenty of leftovers so brought them back.

Can’t go to Disney Springs without stopping by Sprinkles:

Love this water feature at the Springs:

It is absolutely storming right now. Just had a very close lightning strike. Was driving around on the golf cart but had to stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter