September 2020 Trip Reports

So we could not get our golf cart to charge (rental) we ended up having to leave it on the campsite. Traffic was backed up all the way to the 1100 loop when we pulled out around 10:45. Never seen anything like it. They had cast members out directing traffic. We were going to go to the office to figure out the golf cart situation but the cast member took our key on the road and directed us to the “back stage” area of Fort Wilderness (that road near the hitch and un-hitch area that says “Do not enter.” Basically anyone that didn’t need to go up front was being let out that way. Of course, I had the DW take pics for me:

She caught a picture of the car line to get into Epcot as well:

We just finished getting settled in, we’re in 1200 loop. No pics yet.

We’re keeping it slow and low key this trip, just me, DH and the pups.
Hope you enjoy your trip! Hate we didn’t get to see ya. Hopefully it has calmed down from
The craziness this morning.

Sorry we missed you.

We saw the mass exodus this morning while waiting for our site assignment. There may be a smaller exodus tomorrow, we’ve seen a lot of people prepping to leave.

While waiting for our site I spoke with a CM in the outpost. He said they might be closing some loops again since so many people were leaving.

We’re gonna try to hit the pool tomorrow. I’ll try to remember to take pics.

Thanks, Bishoparc! Be there Saturday... hoping weather has moved on! *(Discount showed up for this weekend so I added on two days, woop!)

They must have some ON IT supervisors in Ft. Wilderness because that is the neatest and cleanest BS area I have ever seen! We were pretty good around city hall- but I can only imagine it looks that good because they did nothing but clean while they were down for Covid! On my Keys tours I was constantly apologizing for the BS areas we went in lol! Go Ft. Wilderness CMs!!!!

If anyone down there now has a chance to check, I was wondering if they have the ginormous pin board that was located at the Settlement available still. It was usually opened up a couple set times a day.
Thanks! :thumbsup2

If anyone down there now has a chance to check, I was wondering if they have the ginormous pin board that was located at the Settlement available still. It was usually opened up a couple set times a day.
I don’t remember seeing it. They are really asking folks not to touch things so my guess is it won’t be back for a while.

So, yesterday while waiting for our site we were looping around with the dogs, I mobile ordered breakfast from P&J’s. I wanted to stop at an empty site in the 100 loop to eat but hubby said that was not a good idea. Instead he dropped me off to pick up the food and decided to drive around while waiting for me. Really bad idea! Duke fell out of the cart and rolled a few times on the road. He’s okay, but it was really scary for DH.
He’s decided to sleep under camper today.
image.jpg

I think I saw someone in there doing pin trading last time we were here 3 weeks ago.

I’ll try to make it in there to check.

Went looping this morning, 1 camper left in 1700.
1500, 1600, 1800 and 1900 still have occupied sites. No loops closed yet

We decided to rent bikes today, I hadn’t ridden in over 40 years, but the saying is true, it all came back to me.
We stopped at P&J’s for drinks while we were biking, the place was like a ghost town, only one table occupied.

DE5DFCB9-A540-493E-A89C-9762931C83B1.jpeg2D97321C-E063-4A89-8A1F-EE1AD77A046D.jpeg57009989-3B42-4224-9C43-42C6912780A0.jpeg

We returned the bikes and went to the site to get the dogs and see if Duke would be willing to go for a golf cart ride. He was all for it! DH sat on the back seat with him, Scout sat in the front with me. It went great! They were both much more relaxed.
My phone was dead so no pics.

We walked the pups on the path behind 300 loop and ended by the Settlement TP.

They were pretty worn out, so we put them back in the camper and we hit the main pool. It wasn’t bad at all, but it is a Tuesday in September.

We’re thinking about DS tomorrow and Epcot Thursday. But that can change depending on how we feel.

Last edited:
It's sad to see TE like that.

It really is but I’ve got to tell you, both times we got P & J’s the food was actually really good. Previous trip I did the pulled pork and this trip the bacon cheeseburger. I was pretty impressed. Fries were great too. I have a feeling TE will come back as a family style similar to Whispering Canyon.

I forgot to mention, we’ve seen only 2 squirrels so far. One by the dog park and one by the Settlement area walking on the fence that’s supposed to look like trees and greenery.

Saw one site with Christmas blow ups.

it’s really quiet here now. A trend we’re noticing is folks that pull out later in the day, like after 5:00pm.

They are still undergoing training. Once The Fort is back to Full Occupancy they are going to make the Airborne drops on D Day look like a preschool field trip

My friend at UCF (ecologist) says that is definitely that they have been eating human food- they have seen this worldwide in places that were closed :-(. When the squirrels come back, maybe people will stop feeding them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!