September 20th, 2018 7-Night Canada Cruise from New York

cyclenut

DIS Veteran
Booked this cruise on opening day and have been waiting for someone to start a cruise thread. My wife and I are sailing and we think this is just the perfect cruise for us. We love NYC, we love Disney, we haven't sailed on the Magic yet, we LOVE the fall foliage and ... well ... do we need another reason?

Hope others will join the conversation even though this one is almost exactly one year away.

Bonjour! (See - I'm already starting to practice my French!) We're on this cruise too! It's me, my mom and my aunt. I'm so excited! Especially now that we're within the 1 year mark and the planning can start for real! (Silly hotels and car rental companies not wanting to take reservations more than a year out - don't they know I have a trip to plan??)

We are sailing in April and couldn't book flights until recently. Still haven't booked hotel yet. We don't even know how long we'll stay in NYC, or any part of Canada. We aren't even sure which airports we'll use. We've thought about training it all the way back to NYC and making it a round trip flight. Don't know how much of a hassle that will really be.

Looking forward to the sailing.

We looked at the train back to NYC, but it seemed like a really, really long day. We're hoping to be able to fly SWA out of Buffalo home (Mom really wants to see Niagara Falls and I'd like to visit Niagara on the Lake, but it's going to depend on how much the one-way car rental ends up costing. It's like a chess set, all ready to go, but until someone makes a move - I can't start playing! :-)

Hi! I know I just joined recently. But plans have changed. We've cancelled this cruise. Have a wonderful time!

Well, I suppose any cruise booked this far out is subject to change. I started this thread and now it looks like we're going to need to bow out. I really don't want too as this is an awesome itinerary, but our daughter announced her engagement last weekend and they are looking at November of 2018. This cruise is just too close to the wedding date to make it practical. Not to mention the expense of the wedding. I'll hang around awhile longer to see if the wedding date moves any. They haven't booked anything yet so that could change things.

Just booked this last night! Super excited. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, but 1st time on the Magic. Our other 2 were on the Wonder. We sailed out of NYC last year with a different cruise line (gasp) and can’t wait to go back! We want to participate in the fish extender exchange this time as we haven’t before.

Welcome Homemom! I was just in NYC this week. Love it there. My wife and I talked about this cruise with our daughter who has insisted we do the cruise anyway. At least for now, its still on. We are very excited about it, especially as we learn of the renovations the Magic is going through just a few months before we set sail.

There isn't a lot of activity on here yet, but hoping it picks up soon. It's still a long way out.

I booked this cruise on opening day and I am excited about this itinerary! It will be myself and my husband. Right now it will be our 6th Disney cruise, but I have a feeling I will go on a last minute cruise before next September.

We booked this cruise this week while on the Wonder :) This will be our third Disney cruise and our first non-Caribbean one, so excited!

I booked this cruise on opening day and I am excited about this itinerary! It will be myself and my husband. Right now it will be our 6th Disney cruise, but I have a feeling I will go on a last minute cruise before next September.
It's just my wife and I. This will be my number 6 as well. It will be the last of the four ships for my wife. Welcome!

Hi, everyone! We'll be sailing with an extended family group of 7 in two cabins. We're from Florida, so we're hoping to enjoy some fall weather! This'll be Disney cruise number four for my husband and me. First one for our adult son. I'm working on my French with Rosetta Stone. I'm certain when I get there, I'll find it entirely inadequate!

Looking forward to sailing with you all!

Hello! We just booked this cruise for our family of 4. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but first time to Canada. Our 2 kiddos are 17 and 6. We’re so excited! Hoping to participate in the fish extended exchange this cruise but have never done it before.

Hi there! We booked this cruise on Opening Day and I finally feel like we can start planning. "We" includes DH and myself, our DD and her boyfriend, both 24. DD, DH, and myself are platinum. The boyfriend is going on his second cruise. He's not sure about a cruise that doesn't include a beach - but it's Disney, so he's all for it. We're all hoping to see Fall - the kids have grown up on the Gulf Coast. And since my "kids" are in their twenties, the boyfriend was asking how many actual children will be on the cruise. I have the impression there aren't as many children as usual for a Disney cruise. I know there are a lot of cabins still available.
I'm pretty excited that we get to overnight in Quebec City. DH and I are thinking of Thursday and Friday in Quebec City and then moving to Montreal. We will definitely fly home out of Montreal. DH's employer is based in Montreal and he may tag a meeting or two on before we fly home to Houston.

So far, it doesn't look like there'll be as many children as on a summer Caribbean cruise. My son's going with us, but he's 25, so in the same basic age group as your daughter and her boyfriend. Our grand-nephew will be part of the family group, and he'll be almost 7 when we sail.

Having grown up in Texas where truancy was a criminal offense (and, yes, parents went to jail), I'm just envious of the children able to sail during the school year. I'm also wondering if perhaps there will be enough adult only groups to put together an adult only fish extender group. Once my daughter started college we stopped doing the fish extenders and I rather miss them.
I think the 20-something is wondering about competition at the ice cream machine.

Hello all! We finally pulled the trigger and book the cruise this week. I will be sailing with my husband and 2 children, ages 7 and 10. This will be our second Disney Cruise. We can't wait!

Just booked this last night! Super excited. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, but 1st time on the Magic. Our other 2 were on the Wonder. We sailed out of NYC last year with a different cruise line (gasp) and can’t wait to go back! We want to participate in the fish extender exchange this time as we haven’t before.
We want to do the fish extender this cruise too! Hope there is enough interest! Our last cruise to booked a little late and our fish extender group wasn't very active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter