September 20th, 2018 7-Night Canada Cruise from New York

Having grown up in Texas where truancy was a criminal offense (and, yes, parents went to jail), I'm just envious of the children able to sail during the school year. I'm also wondering if perhaps there will be enough adult only groups to put together an adult only fish extender group. Once my daughter started college we stopped doing the fish extenders and I rather miss them.
I think the 20-something is wondering about competition at the ice cream machine.
There is normally less kids on these type of one way cruises. Cruises out of PC are packed with kids every week. We cruised to Hawaii and Alaska in Sept and there were less then 300 kids on each cruise. That may sound like a lot, but when we cruised on the Dream last May there were 1200.

We've never done the fish extender, but I did a beer exchange once. Brought a sixer of my favorite local brew and swapped cans with others so we all got to try something different. We shared cabin numbers in advance and I called each one to arrange a time and we sat out on deck and each drank a can of the other's favorite and talked beer, Disney, vacations, kids or whatever. It was really fun. That's my kind of adult FE.

We are pretty busy leading up to this cruise so really aren't doing much planning yet. Trying to decide if we're going to explore the area north of the border or just fly back after the cruise. We also love NYC and usually take in a show when we're there. Trying to decide if we'll fly in early enough to do that before we board. We know that we can catch an early morning flight from Dallas and still make it to NYC by noon. Might choose to save some money and just fly in the day of the cruise and go straight to the cruise port.

We are taking the train to NYC from Baltimore. I haven't quite decided if we are going to head up a day early, or just come in the day of the cruise. The trains can be very delayed at times which is the only reason I am thinking of coming in a day early.

We did go back and forth on staying longer in Canada, but we have other vacations this year and decided we couldn't take more time off from work. We just booked tickets home from Quebec City for under $300US for two people last night.

We've never done the fish extender, but I did a beer exchange once. Brought a sixer of my favorite local brew and swapped cans with others so we all got to try something different. We shared cabin numbers in advance and I called each one to arrange a time and we sat out on deck and each drank a can of the other's favorite and talked beer, Disney, vacations, kids or whatever. It was really fun. That's my kind of adult FE.

I love this idea! We aren't doing the FE this time, I've done adult ones in the past, but flying home with bags we have to pay for is enough of a change for me. We normally fly Southwest or have enough JetBlue points that I never have to worry about paying for the bags. If you start a beer group, let me know.

Hello all,
We're looking forward to the September sailing! I'm travelling solo with the three kids ages 14, 8, and 5. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but our first time in New York City. I can organize a fish extender group if there is enough interest. Our last group had approx. 10-12 families which worked out really well. I'll start collecting info from interested families: Cabin Number, Family Name, Number of Adults, Number of Kids (Names, gender and ages), Favourite Disney characters. Special requests (allergies, celebrations). Just email me at siennamiddaugh@hotmail.com.

Just booked our airfare there! The hard part looks like flying home from Quebec City. Thinking about taking a car or train to Montreal for a day or so and flying home from there.

We are pretty busy leading up to this cruise so really aren't doing much planning yet. Trying to decide if we're going to explore the area north of the border or just fly back after the cruise. We also love NYC and usually take in a show when we're there. Trying to decide if we'll fly in early enough to do that before we board. We know that we can catch an early morning flight from Dallas and still make it to NYC by noon. Might choose to save some money and just fly in the day of the cruise and go straight to the cruise port.

LOVE the idea of the beer exchange!

My wife and I booked this cruise on opening day. This will be our 21st disney cruise. John Charles will be on the cruise looks like he will be coming on board at Halifax.

Well folks. It's official. We are going to have to skip this one. Really tried to hold on, but things just didn't line up. We already have one epic vacation planned for this year, leaving in three weeks. Just couldn't make this one fit.

Enjoy!

Well folks. It's official. We are going to have to skip this one. Really tried to hold on, but things just didn't line up. We already have one epic vacation planned for this year, leaving in three weeks. Just couldn't make this one fit.

Enjoy!

Enjoy your upcoming vacation.

Last edited:
I told you the good news about John Charles being onboard for the cruise. I got more good news buckets and boards is scheduled to be on the fantasy during our cruise. So more good news.

Hi all we are thinking about booking this cruise we are on the WBTA just before this one and now that there are *GT rates for this one we may try to swing a B2B Does anyone know if this cruise has a Marvel Day. That could be the clincher.

Hi all we are thinking about booking this cruise we are on the WBTA just before this one and now that there are *GT rates for this one we may try to swing a B2B Does anyone know if this cruise has a Marvel Day. That could be the clincher.

No marvel day

I'm not sure they can do a Marvel Day since we already have the Halloween on the High Seas theme.

Does anyone know the nights of special events (Halloween or pirate night or whatever)? Also, is it safe to assume that the first day at sea will be formal night?

I'm not sure they can do a Marvel Day since we already have the Halloween on the High Seas theme.

Actually last year we had Marvel day at sea even though it was technically during Halloween on the High Sea - it was also during one of the Canadian itineraries. They are amazing. Don't think this one is though.

So just a little bummed that there aren't many more port adventures listed yet as we are so close to being able to start booking them. Anyone find anything on their own? Most websites I've come across are in French :-). Looks like Quebec City will be great to explore on our own, but Saquenay and Baie Comeau might not be good with something planned. Halifax I have a plan for.

We are on this cruise! Great deals :) We are thinking of renting a car in Saguenay and visiting a few places. Baie Comeau just looks like there is not really much to do! Halifax also may rent a car, not sure. What are you doing in Halifax? I've never been to Nova Scotia before so I'm excited. The Airfare and hotels for this one way thing are pretty tricky though. I am spending gobs of time on figuring it out! Finally booked my NYC hotel and doing flights. Then will figure out Quebec. So excited to visit Quebec, just can't decide on a hotel! :)

We are on this cruise! Great deals :) We are thinking of renting a car in Saguenay and visiting a few places. Baie Comeau just looks like there is not really much to do! Halifax also may rent a car, not sure. What are you doing in Halifax? I've never been to Nova Scotia before so I'm excited. The Airfare and hotels for this one way thing are pretty tricky though. I am spending gobs of time on figuring it out! Finally booked my NYC hotel and doing flights. Then will figure out Quebec. So excited to visit Quebec, just can't decide on a hotel! :)

We went to Halifax last year and rented a car. Super easy. Car rental was across the street from the ship. Walked right over and found it at the train station. We drove to Peggy’s Cove, the Citadel, Fairview Lawn Cemetary, the Maritime Museum and more. We’re going to rent a car again this time. I’ve reserved one in Saguenay as well to drive to the National Park. It looks like we’re just going to walk around town in Baie Comeau.

It’s been awhile just wondering if you booked this one. We are also on the WBTA nice to know someone else doing the B2B.

It’s been awhile just wondering if you booked this one. We are also on the WBTA nice to know someone else doing the B2B.
We didn't we are just doing the WBTA. We had already booked our flights back from NYC and getting flights good home from Quebec city wasn't working for us so we decided to skip it. I am sure we will be regretting when we are getting off the ship :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter