September 9, 2018 WBTA - Dover to New York

Waiting to book this tomorrow! There will be 5 of us, me, DH, DS23 and DS18 (next year) and my best friend. She travels with us and is considered a part of our family. This will be our first time leaving North America. We are super excited!!

Hi everyone! I had a feeling a thread would be started for this cruise already! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I will be traveling with my DH, Aunt and Uncle. I'm very happy to hear the WBTA is leaving from Dover. :cheer2:

Hi everyone . Has anybody got any idea what the weather will be like crossing the Atlantic and over in Canada? I really want to go on this TA but the other half is having doubts because of the weather and he's really miffed that they are not going to Cataway Key or the Caribbean. I know we can't predict the weather but an idea of what it could be like would be good. Many thanks Emma x

We're all booked and ready to go!! Already looking up where to stay in Dover. It's never too early to start planning!

I know we have time, but I'm trying to figure what the best way to get to Dover from the airport is?

I know we have time, but I'm trying to figure what the best way to get to Dover from the airport is?

Depending where you are staying prior, IMHO one of the easiest ways to get there would be the train. We last did London in 2009 and used the train to get virtually everywhere (even did the TGV to Paris and back).

Depending where you are staying prior, IMHO one of the easiest ways to get there would be the train. We last did London in 2009 and used the train to get virtually everywhere (even did the TGV to Paris and back).
If we take a train from London or the airport (Gatwick) do you know if we need to do lots of transfering to get to Dover?

Because there are 5 of us, the easiest for our group would be to get a private car company to pick us up and take us to our hotel in Dover. (Landing in Gatwick) We tend to get lost, so for piece of mind, someone else can do the navigating while we sit back and relax.:)

If we take a train from London or the airport (Gatwick) do you know if we need to do lots of transfering to get to Dover?
There's a direct train from St pancras to Dover. We took the picadiilly line from the airport to I think kings cross and then a taxi to hotel. It was all very simple and relatively inexpensive. We flew into LHR. S I don't plan on touring London this time because Ive been there a few times. Theres only 2 of us I'll just use Disney transportation.
I recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to anyone staying at LHR.
Dovers not the easiest city to cruise out of. The airports far from the city and the ports far away. It's worth it though if you've never been to London.

Hello Everyone! I just booked this cruise. It will be my mom and I and we plan to do a week in London before the cruise. We've never been there before. I'm already looking into a trip to Downton Abbey (ha ha Highclere Castle) and maybe a Harry Potter tour.

We just put a deposit down today!! Hopefully we can keep it lol
So excited we got a deck 6 sideways cabin! We sailed in one of these on our EBPC last year.
Just like @missyp we love our long days at sea!

Who's excited too see what Port adventures are available for Cork?

We just put a deposit down today!! Hopefully we can keep it lol
So excited we got a deck 6 sideways cabin! We sailed in one of these on our EBPC last year.
Just like @missyp we love our long days at sea!

Who's excited too see what Port adventures are available for Cork?

It is a long way out. Our plans are to stick with it, but I guess you never know. I think I liked it better when Disney didn't release this far out. Though I used to complain back then that they didn't release far enough out :rotfl:

The sideways cabins seem awesome!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!